“Amazing Backdrop, Quality Food & Service”
Review of Kamoon

Kamoon
Ranked #82 of 2,214 Restaurants in Abu Dhabi
Price range: US$50 - US$150
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "A classic Arabic experience freshly prepared" You may remember it as the Beach Restaurant, but now the Khalidiya Palace Rayhaan by Rotana invites you to create new memories at Kamoon. The captivating ambiance with scenic views of the Arabian Gulf is just the beginning of this delightful dining experience. Savour authentic Arabic dishes prepared with the finest quality ingredients, handpicked by our talented chef and his team, to give you the authentic Arabic dining experience. Visit Kamoon today to delight in the world of great flavors.
Reviewed 3 February 2018

what really grabbed my attention from my visit was the amazing view from the restaurant, the ambiance, the food & the service! I had dinner with my husband and mother-in-law and I never felt pressured (to impress her) because everything went so smooth and outstanding. Our table was taken cared of Charaf, who was very attentive to our needs and was patient enough to guide as through the menu as it was our first time. I will definitely come back and try again the prawns I ordered which tasted DIVINE.

KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Kamoon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing with us your wonderful experience in Kamoon restaurant.

It is with great pleasure to know that you have had a memorable dining experience with us. Thank you for highlighting the amazing view from the restaurant, ambiance, food and service. Your compliments have been passed on to the team, particularly to Charaf.

Once again, thank you for highly recommending us to the other diners and we look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant soon.

Reviewed 25 January 2018

Last week we stayed in hotel Khalidiya Palace and had dinner in Restaurant Kamoon twice. The food was delicious, especially the hammour and prawns! The supervisor Binod did a very good job on serving us. It felt like we were special guests. Binod worked according to a high quality. He kept an eye on every guest to see if everyone got what they needed. Our next holiday we will certainly come back to Restaurant Kamoon!

KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Kamoon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for dining at Kamoon restaurant and sharing your wonderful review on TripAdvisor.

We are very delighted to read your flattering comments on how much you enjoyed the food and service in Kamoon. Rest assured that your positive comment about Binod's excellent service has been passed on to him.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and highly recommending us to the other diners. Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant for another memorable gastronomical experience.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

After reading other reviews I expected a lot more. My wife and I came for date night partly because we'd seen the 40% off advertised on the offers page of their site. When i arrived it the greeter told us the offer was only for Emirates. There was no mention of this at all on the website. In the end they agreed to honour it, but it took three people before it got reluctantly agreed. This is the second time I've had problems with an offer from the rotana website.

The food itself was OK but nothing special. My wife's steak was good quality, though very strange to have it covered in rocket. The chips were soft and undercooked. My lamb was tasty, but not really different to what I've had in a kebab shop.

We asked for local water and were given Italian. Even before it was opened I asked again if it was local and she said yes. Yet charged 30 Dhs for it. This annoys me. If someone asks for local water just serve it. I don't know if this was deliberate or if the staff just haven't been taught what local water means. Frustrating but I didn't feel it was worth saying anything as I didn't want to make a fuss.

The bill when it came was wrong. They changed it but it took a long time. Overall the meal was OK. But definitely not value for money if I hadn't had the discount. You can eat much better elsewhere.

KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Kamoon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent dining experience at Kamoon restaurant. It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary, improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests.

Kamoon has been one of the favorite dining venues for locals due to the authentic Arabic food and great service we offer hence, we are most concerned to learn of your unusual experience. Allow us to clarify that the rocket leaves are part of the steak plating presentation. Nevertheless, we would like to assure you that your constructive comments about the food and service have been addressed.

Since you used your Rotana Rewards voucher against your bill, this took a bit more time to process the redemption. Thus, we would like to ask for your understanding in this regard.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we sincerely hope that you would give us another opportunity to welcome you in the restaurant again.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Kamoon was conveniently located in my hotel, so on one lazy evening I wandered over for dinner. I sat outdoors near the sea with wonderful live music - really nice! This particular evening the outdoor air was lightly perfumed with that familiar scent of shisha ...(I don’t smoke at all - but enjoy the smell). As an amuse bouche, I was served a trio consisting of 2 different pickled vegetables and olives - all seemed to have the exact same briney taste (Was not impressed with that at all). As a cold mezzeh, I ordered muttabal, which was good. For my main course, I tried the lamh bil karaz (cherry kabob) after reading on TA that it was the restaurants specialty . The sauce was tasty, but the kabob seemed to just sit in the bowl of cherry sauce. It would have been much tastier if it had been marinated in the sauce for some time or if the sauce were cooked in a way that would allow it to adhere to the kabob rather than run off (I really wanted to love this dish). At first service started out to be very good and then I think they changed service or maybe they just forgot about me, because no one came to check on me from the time my food was dropped off until a manager stopped by after I had been finished with my food for some time. To remedy the situation he insisted I have a desert on the house, which was very thoughtful. Overall, the location was convenient, live music was enjoyable, but service has room to improve. While the cherry sauce was tasty, the rest of the food was just ok (ESPECIALLY for the price). Would I come back - sure on a weekend night to listen to the music by the sea....my expectations would just be much lower.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review on this platform.

We are glad to know that your overall dining experience with us was satisfactory in general.

On the other hand, your constructive comments about the food and service have been addressed for further improvement.

We highly appreciate your valuable feedback as it is only through comments like these that we find the opportunity and drive to improve our services to the satisfaction of our valued guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in Kamoon restaurant soon, trusting that we could provide you with the excellent service that you truly deserve.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Sat outside to eat. Food was lovely and service unhurried. We ordered a selection of starters and mains - portions were very large so could have done with less.

KPRayhaanByRotana, General Manager at Kamoon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for dining at Kamoon restaurant and posting your review on this platform.

We are glad to know you had an enjoyable dining experience with us. Thank you for your compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the restaurant, assuring you of our personalized service and best attention at all times.