“Avoid certain staff who don't have a clue about their roles and responsibility in the service industry!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Pegasus Hotel Guyana
Ranked #5 of 21 Hotels in Georgetown
Reviewed 14 February 2017

My Poolside experience with friends who had delicious cocktails (Melon Crush, Daquiris & a Tornado) on the pleasant advice and superb service of Jamaal ended on a dour note when I had to pay and encountered the most obnoxious young man (Indian) at the cash register. We had a discussion about the rate of exchange (much lower at Pegasus than the rate I had gotten earlier next door at the Marriott).
He spat out that perhaps I should stay at home!
I quickly paid and left - hoping not to encounter the likes of that young man again. He really managed to dampen our spirits and he also dashed all hopes we had of a romantic Valentine's party that we were planning at Pegasus.

Room Tip: Sea wall views are more interesting!
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank encontres
There are newer reviews for Pegasus Hotel Guyana

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Pegasus for two nights on a quick business trip to Georgetown. Checkin was fairly smooth but lengthy due to them having my name misspelled. My booking party was responsible for the reservation so it wasn't the fault of the hotel.

When I arrived in the room, a/c was super cold, which isn't a bad thing in a very warm climate as Guyana. The aggravation was not being able to regulate the thermometer. The control was either low, high or off I chose off as the room was frigid.

Beds and nightstands appeared to be upgraded since my last visit almost two years ago. Nice mattresses with semi firmness and newer pillows. Upgraded phones. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean, no fouls odors. Shower was quite narrow, to the point where the shower curtain was constantly stuck to me while showering. A curved shower rod would have fixed this issue. Very annoying.

The restaurants close at 10:00 pm daily. I arrived late at 9:45pm so was forced to order room service. Menu has some nice choices but when calling to place the order, it was evident that many items are not available. I had three sandwich choices but the menu offered soups as well as other items. This was an inconvenience. The menu should reflect what they have to offer.

Breakfast was satisfactory but was pricey at $24US. I had an omelette, made fresh with fresh veggies. There were juices, fruit, breads and some prepared sides served in buffet style.

I ate dinner at the poolside bar. Really wanted roti and curry chicken which was on the menu. Once again, it was not offered. I was disappointed so I asked what else was not available. About four other entrees out of nine were not offered.

Settled for curry shrimp. It was ok, but serving size was small.

The hotel has improved over the years, maybe due to the competition brought on by the nearby new Marriott. Service also improved. Food needs a lot more improvement by offering more local dinner meals and sticking to the menu offerings so guests are not disappointed.

I will likely return but I would hope that they fix the food issue so my whole stay can be enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Roadking818
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I did not stay at this hotel, but I got a chance to have lunch (pizza) at the restaurant and also drinks in the evening, outdoors in front of a live band. The ambiance was very good when three ladies started performing. We could request songs and some of us were dancing to good dance music. Before they showed up, the band was way to loud for us to enjoy the evening. We were a group and we could hardly hear ourselves.

Service was good. Some had pizza and enjoyed it, but one of us who had a hamburger and fries complained that the meat was not cooked. We had to send it back.

All in all, it was a nice venue for Friday night. We will surely go back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunnyW358
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Pegasus Hotel is an excellent place for your stay in Georgetown. The hotel is hospitable, has clean and modern facilities, nice swimming pool, three restaurants. The staff is polite and kind. The rooms are large.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EconoVision
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I visited Pegasus for the first time while I was on vacation in Guyana last year. I had a great stay except the check out process took a long time. Something was wrong with the credit card machine. Lovely hotel overall.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple