US$115
US$135
US$130
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$92
The Eldorado Inn(Georgetown)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$40
US$278
US$251
  • Pool
All reviewspoolside restaurantlive bandbreakfast buffetbusiness tripgeorgetown guyanacleaning staffthe air conditioningenjoyed my staysalted fishgymupgradesseawalltaxisusd
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Pegasus for two nights on a quick business trip to Georgetown. Checkin was fairly smooth but lengthy due to them having my name misspelled. My booking party was responsible for the reservation so it wasn't the fault of the hotel.

When I arrived in the room, a/c was super cold, which isn't a bad thing in a very warm climate as Guyana. The aggravation was not being able to regulate the thermometer. The control was either low, high or off I chose off as the room was frigid.

Beds and nightstands appeared to be upgraded since my last visit almost two years ago. Nice mattresses with semi firmness and newer pillows. Upgraded phones. Room was clean. Bathroom was clean, no fouls odors. Shower was quite narrow, to the point where the shower curtain was constantly stuck to me while showering. A curved shower rod would have fixed this issue. Very annoying.

The restaurants close at 10:00 pm daily. I arrived late at 9:45pm so was forced to order room service. Menu has some nice choices but when calling to place the order, it was evident that many items are not available. I had three sandwich choices but the menu offered soups as well as other items. This was an inconvenience. The menu should reflect what they have to offer.

Breakfast was satisfactory but was pricey at $24US. I had an omelette, made fresh with fresh veggies. There were juices, fruit, breads and some prepared sides served in buffet style.

I ate dinner at the poolside bar. Really wanted roti and curry chicken which was on the menu. Once again, it was not offered. I was disappointed so I asked what else was not available. About four other entrees out of nine were not offered.

Settled for curry shrimp. It was ok, but serving size was small.

The hotel has improved over the years, maybe due to the competition brought on by the nearby new Marriott. Service also improved. Food needs a lot more improvement by offering more local dinner meals and sticking to the menu offerings so guests are not disappointed.

I will likely return but I would hope that they fix the food issue so my whole stay can be enjoyable.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Roadking818
Reviewed 5 February 2017

I did not stay at this hotel, but I got a chance to have lunch (pizza) at the restaurant and also drinks in the evening, outdoors in front of a live band. The ambiance was very good when three ladies started performing. We could request songs and some of us were dancing to good dance music. Before they showed up, the band was way to loud for us to enjoy the evening. We were a group and we could hardly hear ourselves.

Service was good. Some had pizza and enjoyed it, but one of us who had a hamburger and fries complained that the meat was not cooked. We had to send it back.

All in all, it was a nice venue for Friday night. We will surely go back.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank SunnyW358
Reviewed 31 January 2017

Pegasus Hotel is an excellent place for your stay in Georgetown. The hotel is hospitable, has clean and modern facilities, nice swimming pool, three restaurants. The staff is polite and kind. The rooms are large.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank EconoVision
Reviewed 24 January 2017

I visited Pegasus for the first time while I was on vacation in Guyana last year. I had a great stay except the check out process took a long time. Something was wrong with the credit card machine. Lovely hotel overall.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Galie J
Reviewed 1 January 2017

This was my first time visiting Guyana, and my husband had not been back home for 30 years. We came for the 50th Anniversary. We had a wonderful time and experience at Pegasus. Initially when we arrived our reservation could not be found but, Vilmar and Manager Susan was able to accomadate us. The staff here were great Donata at the resturant, Ruby, Erlis, and Vilmar at the front desk were always helpful. The room was very nice.. The festivities at the hotel and nightlife were awesome also want than Alana at the bar. We will definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family