Airways Hotel(Port Moresby)
Orbitz.com
US$147
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Ela Beach Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$152
US$140
Agoda.com
Grand Papua Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$164
US$150
Agoda.com
The Shady Rest Hotel(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$143
Raintree Lodge(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
US$134
All reviewsshort termclean roomspizzaan overnight stayfree shuttlea bit tiredpleasant staycomfortable hotelportpomjacksonsirontransfertoiletriesaustralia
Reviewed 5 May 2017

The hotel is located about five minutes’ drive from Port Moresby Airport. I found the Gateway Hotel staff to be friendly and helpful at the front desk and restaurants. However some members of our group commented that certain staff at the reception desk were rude to them. The security guards on the doors were always smiling and friendly.

We had meals in three different restaurants and overall the meals were generally very good.

The room was a good size and clean. However, the toilet cistern leaked and topped-up the water about every 15 minutes, which was disruptive for sleeping overnight. After the second night I reported the leak to the reception desk for maintenance but three days later the fault had still not been fixed at the time of check-out.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Robert O, Manager at Gateway Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was positive, and appreciate the feedback regarding areas for us to improve. Thank you also for acknowledging the team and the service provided to you, again with some areas for improvement still.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we sincerely hope that you'll continue to see improvement when you next choose to stay with us.

With gratitude from the team at Gateway Hotel & Apartments!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I typically stay at either the Grand Papua or Ela Beach whilst in PoM once a month, however given a late night arrival and early morning departure, thought I'd try their sister hotel, the Gateway. The Gateway is a typical airport hotel with smaller rooms and tired furnishings. However, cleaning seems to be optional and the previous guest's rubbish and hair was still in the room, on the floors and in the sink. The shower stall itself was a horror - falling apart, disgusting and mouldy. The room ceiling was cracked and needed painting and the air vents for the air conditioning could definitely use some cleaning. The carpeted corridor to my room was covered in dust and what looked to be paint chips. Room insulation is poor and I could hear people in the hallway and the opening and closing of nearby doors - this was a dratted nuisance at 5:00am in the morning. The complimentary internet was out of order and there was no intention to fix this at any time during my stay - several other guests were lined up at the front counter to enquire.

Saddened by the overall stay, as I was hopeful for a better experience, which could transform my monthly transits through PoM.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WanderingTraveller79
Robert O, Manager at Gateway Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am indeed disappointing to read of your poor experience while in transit at the Gateway Hotel. As we value our guests feedback, I would to invite you to contact me directly at your convenience to discuss your feedback further so we can ensure improvements in the areas highlighted.

Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

e: ro'brien@coralseahotels.com.pg

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I have and continued to stay here due to convenience. For the price you don't get much at all, but then again its the dynamics of the PNG due to limited supply. Nice and friendly staff and basic rooms. Now finally with the addition of Jacksons - the bar there is something to do after work. Its a nice bar/restaurant serving good food.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ravi R

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoy the convenience and the friendly service provided to you by the staff. It's nice to read that you also enjoy the Jackson's Rooftop Bar for your enjoyment.

We are always looking for ways to improve our overall services and facilities available to our guests so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

This is my second time staying at the Gateway Hotel being a local sometimes you just need to get away and have a break from the grind of work. I stayed for 2 nights on a fantastic weekend rate, the new Sizzler restaurant that has just opened is the best value for money in the whole of Port Moresby. The food and service is fantastic in fact I had lunch there twice this week alone. I highly recommend any travelers visiting Port Moresby stay at The Gateway

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback from your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that your overall getaway was fantastic. Thank you also for acknowledging the value and the service that our new Sizzler's restaurant is providing for you and all of our guests.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back when you're ready for that next getaway!

Reviewed 25 February 2017

I have been a long-term resident in a number of apartments at Gateway.
This place has basically everything you need.

Facilities:
This is a safe location for all visitors.
The gym is excellent quality. Both pools are clean and good size. BBQ area is convenient for entertaining guests.

Rooms:
Rooms are very clean and spacious. Cable TV is adequate, although it would be nice to have a few more channel options.

The house keeping staff go above and beyond to make your stay enjoyable.

Restaurants:
There is ample selection of restaurants offering cuisine from Italian, Pizza, modern Australian, and Pacific Island food.
Jacksons restaurant is my favourite, offering a great ambience, good service, a decent bar and excellent menu.

Service:
The service is exemplary. Staff are friendly, efficient and polite. Nothing is too difficult for them. I've had my laundry dry cleaned within an hour on a Saturday ahead of a late notice work meeting.

The senior management are extremely accommodating and go above and beyond. They're big on supporting local charities.

I would highly recommend this place for the following groups:
- Tourists new to PNG
- Tourists looking for a safe, convenient and friendly resort to stay with family.
- Business people looking for short, mid and long-term accommodation

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful review regarding your stay with us.

Your detailed response of the services and facilities available to our guests along with the service provided by our team is greatly appreciated. We most certainly look forward to continue being of service to you during your stay as with all of our guests.