Airways Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$220
US$139
  • Pool
Ela Beach Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$125
Lamana Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$196
US$190
Orbitz.com
Grand Papua Hotel(Port Moresby)
US$164
The Shady Rest Hotel(Port Moresby)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$134
  • Pool
All reviewsshort termclean roomspizzaan overnight stayfree shuttlea bit tiredpleasant staycomfortable hotelportpomjacksonsirontransfertoiletriesaustralia
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Having been to the restaurants at Gateway several times this was the first time I'd stayed at the hotel. Very good value for money, clean rooms, comfy bed.
Only downer was a lack of water pressure in the shower.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Robert O, Manager at Gateway Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your wonderful feedback.

I am very pleased to read that your overall stay was good and appreciate your acknowledgement of the service you received during your stay. Noted also the water pressure during stay which was the same period that maintenance was being carried out by the water company.

Again, thank you for your time and we most certainly look forward to being of service to you when you're next in Port Moresby.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I've stayed at the Gate Way on a number of occasions, located close to the airport with regular airport shuttles. Friendly staff and fairly good food. Unfortunately there always seems to be some thing wrong with the room after check in. Pulsating lights, remote for TV old and not functioning properly, kettle finicky, room not completely clean. A bit over priced for what you get but that pretty much explains PNG as a whole.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the entrance to the hotel. Road side rooms are noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Hobiecat33

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback as it is greatly appreciated. I would also like to extend my sincerest apologies for the consistently poor experience when staying in PNG. The feedback is greatly appreciated as we continuously strive to improve our products and service offering at the hotel - so again, thank you!

Reviewed 5 May 2017

The hotel is located about five minutes’ drive from Port Moresby Airport. I found the Gateway Hotel staff to be friendly and helpful at the front desk and restaurants. However some members of our group commented that certain staff at the reception desk were rude to them. The security guards on the doors were always smiling and friendly.

We had meals in three different restaurants and overall the meals were generally very good.

The room was a good size and clean. However, the toilet cistern leaked and topped-up the water about every 15 minutes, which was disruptive for sleeping overnight. After the second night I reported the leak to the reception desk for maintenance but three days later the fault had still not been fixed at the time of check-out.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am pleased to read that your overall stay was positive, and appreciate the feedback regarding areas for us to improve. Thank you also for acknowledging the team and the service provided to you, again with some areas for improvement still.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we sincerely hope that you'll continue to see improvement when you next choose to stay with us.

With gratitude from the team at Gateway Hotel & Apartments!

Reviewed 20 March 2017

I typically stay at either the Grand Papua or Ela Beach whilst in PoM once a month, however given a late night arrival and early morning departure, thought I'd try their sister hotel, the Gateway. The Gateway is a typical airport hotel with smaller rooms and tired furnishings. However, cleaning seems to be optional and the previous guest's rubbish and hair was still in the room, on the floors and in the sink. The shower stall itself was a horror - falling apart, disgusting and mouldy. The room ceiling was cracked and needed painting and the air vents for the air conditioning could definitely use some cleaning. The carpeted corridor to my room was covered in dust and what looked to be paint chips. Room insulation is poor and I could hear people in the hallway and the opening and closing of nearby doors - this was a dratted nuisance at 5:00am in the morning. The complimentary internet was out of order and there was no intention to fix this at any time during my stay - several other guests were lined up at the front counter to enquire.

Saddened by the overall stay, as I was hopeful for a better experience, which could transform my monthly transits through PoM.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank WanderingTraveller79
Robert O, Manager at Gateway Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am indeed disappointing to read of your poor experience while in transit at the Gateway Hotel. As we value our guests feedback, I would to invite you to contact me directly at your convenience to discuss your feedback further so we can ensure improvements in the areas highlighted.

Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you at your earliest convenience.

e: ro'brien@coralseahotels.com.pg

Reviewed 2 March 2017

I have and continued to stay here due to convenience. For the price you don't get much at all, but then again its the dynamics of the PNG due to limited supply. Nice and friendly staff and basic rooms. Now finally with the addition of Jacksons - the bar there is something to do after work. Its a nice bar/restaurant serving good food.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ravi R

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I am pleased to read that you enjoy the convenience and the friendly service provided to you by the staff. It's nice to read that you also enjoy the Jackson's Rooftop Bar for your enjoyment.

We are always looking for ways to improve our overall services and facilities available to our guests so your feedback is greatly appreciated.