“So much choice”

Le Sextant
Ranked #43 of 246 Restaurants in Noumea
Price range: US$41 - US$93
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant Le Sextant offers stunning views of the swimming pool and the tropical gardens. Enjoy our superb buffet breakfast available daily. Awaken your senses and stimulate your tastebuds with a colourful and tasty eye-opener. Then try our full breakfast buffet and/or order one of the New Signature Breakfast Do not miss our delicious seafood buffet dinner from Thursday to Saturday for with fresh lagoon products and a la carte menu on Sundays and Mondays honoring New Caledonian and Oceanian receipes.
Reviewed 21 November 2017

I thought the cost was really high for a hotel breakfast until I saw the huge variety of food available. I'm sure everyone could have found lots of things to enjoy. Sadly, the coffee from the coffee machine was the best coffee we had in New Caledonia. I'd definitely recommend breakfast there - at least one.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Le Sextant serves very good food, I liked especially the fish dishes. They also serve a vegan option on request. Atmosphere is soso. As we were in winter here, the terrace was not open - I think there you can have a really nice experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Not much was tempting on the strange menu. The table next to us eventually ordered after wondering at length whether to go elsewhere. Our teens were too hungry for us to go elsewhere. Several tables did not get what they ordered. Maybe buffet nights are ok? $180 for four. See my other reviews for places I’d recommend.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

The sea food buffet is held on Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings. The restaurant is ground floor close to the pool and has a pleasant aspect. The buffet was very well presented and included meats for the true carnivores. There was an abundance of seafood and chefs shucking oysters for those who wanted them. Good selection of salads and some first class patisseries. Certainly worth a visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

This is the main eating area for Le Méridien resort. We were staying here as SPG members with the kids passes.
We chose to pay for breakfast here and thought it was good value. Considering that most food is imported into New Caledonia I think the selection offered was great. It’s standard buffet - egg station, pancakes, bacon sausages, tomatoes, breads, pastries, fruit, cereals, cheese. All yummy. We found all staff to be friendly, helpful and courteous. They appreciate a friendly hello or bonjour. It is true not all staff speak English but as even my young children explain this is a French speaking country! If something ran out, we just had to ask and it was replenished.
We also had dinner here - very relaxed, standard food, lots of families and kids. Again, great value with the SPG kids pass. Nothing wrong with the 10+ mains we had during our stay. Service not always fast but always with a smile. Comparable prices to eating out in Anse Vata area.
Didn’t try the seafood buffet nights though. Half the family aren’t big seafood eaters so didn’t suit us. Enjoyed room service dinners using Le Sextants usual menu. Great too.