“Great start”

Le Sextant
Ranked #41 of 241 Restaurants in Noumea
Price range: US$41 - US$94
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Our restaurant Le Sextant offers stunning views of the swimming pool and the tropical gardens. Enjoy our superb buffet breakfast available daily. Awaken your senses and stimulate your tastebuds with a colourful and tasty eye-opener. Then try our full breakfast buffet and/or order one of the New Signature Breakfast Do not miss our delicious seafood buffet dinner from Thursday to Saturday for with fresh lagoon products and a la carte menu on Sundays and Mondays honoring New Caledonian and Oceanian receipes.
Reviewed 2 December 2017

We enjoyed the buffet breakfast every morning of our recent stay at Le Meridien as it was included in our package. It was great to be able to wander downstairs every morning and enjoy the plentiful array of food on offer.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

We were really impressed with the seafood dinner buffet. It was really good. Yes, it is expensive, but good nonetheless. The breakfast wasn't as good. It was quite lacking. It's a good option for in the hotel. However, I definitely recommend walking up the promenade for breakfast/lunch.

Reviewed 21 November 2017

I thought the cost was really high for a hotel breakfast until I saw the huge variety of food available. I'm sure everyone could have found lots of things to enjoy. Sadly, the coffee from the coffee machine was the best coffee we had in New Caledonia. I'd definitely recommend breakfast there - at least one.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Le Sextant serves very good food, I liked especially the fish dishes. They also serve a vegan option on request. Atmosphere is soso. As we were in winter here, the terrace was not open - I think there you can have a really nice experience.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Not much was tempting on the strange menu. The table next to us eventually ordered after wondering at length whether to go elsewhere. Our teens were too hungry for us to go elsewhere. Several tables did not get what they ordered. Maybe buffet nights are ok? $180 for four. See my other reviews for places I’d recommend.