“Good food, patchy service”
Review of Au Peche Mignon

Au Peche Mignon
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Port Vila
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We had lunch here on a cruise port day, and cafe was further walk away - hence less crowded. We ordered coffee, juices, croissants, beef carpaccio and hot dogs for the kids. When taking order the lady at the counter had to repeat each order item twice or trice, obviously we had difficulty with language difference. By the end of the order when money was handed, she counted and said she forgot to charge for a coffee. Ok, we handed in the extra money and sat down. Drinks arrived pretty quick, and the fresh baguette with butter - a lovely touch. However that’s when we got told no juices are available, so we had to order something else. We didn’t want soda, so asked to cancel juices and refund the $$. This took a while, before they brought out the refund. Another 20 mins later the food came, which was overall good, except for carpaccio they’ve used stale coconut oil, not olive oil, so that gave it a bitter, unpleasant taste. At that time the lady, who took the order, came out and told us she forgot to charge us for a croissant, we were confused as she had repeated the order a few times upon payment. We asked for a receipt to see what was ordered, what was refunded as there was too much money back and forth and it was now confusing what was paid for and what was not. They took another 20 mins writing up the bill by hand. It was indeed that the waitress forgot to add the croissant price, but did add it to the order... I guess, it’s the same level of service on island time anywhere you go in Vanuatu and you just have to accept it. But it can be confusing how they take order and forgetting to add charges, keep a record to avid being confused. Just to note that prices are pretty much the same as in Australia, but you get lower standard of service and longer waits. Be patient, keep record - service is generally very slow even if there are not any other customers at the restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Au Peche Mignon multiple times on my most recent business trip to Port Vila in Vanuatu.
As I didn’t want to eat a typical hotel breakfast every day I decided to go down the street of my hotel. Au Peche Mignon was the highest rated breakfast place in the area.

The coffee (espresso macchiato and cappuccinos) was really tasty, and I had multiple good strong espressos with not too much milk. The food was much more average and the Croque madame and the egg omelets were ok. Lacked cheese, no Gruyere on top of the toast, very dry. The omelet was bland, could have use more flavors and ingredients.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I have had meals here before the meals are average and don't taste as good there are other places with better meals. The pastries and cakes though are very nice.
The staff however are terrible , screaming at each other at the top of their voice, they don't even get orders right and they are down right obnoxious. The reason I would not go here is because of the staff no matter how good the pastries are.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Quite peckish we arrived around 3 so wasn't much choice which says maybe the best food had gone. My wife enjoyed a tuna baguette for 500VT and I had a Kebab for 550VT. Unfortunately the Kebab took forever and came out luke warm which I wasn't sure about but being hungry ate anyway (with no ill effects). Finished off with a couple of scoops of choc mint ice cream each at 200VT per ice cream we were quite content.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Visited this place for a quick lunch during a business trip to Port Vila. Food is good quality and prices are reasonable. Menu is rich. Perfect for quick lunches.

1  Thank hakano