“Good for morning tea or lunch”
Review of Au Peche Mignon

Au Peche Mignon
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Port Vila
Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 19 May 2018

The lamb kebabs are tasty and were good value as they were the daily special 650 Vatu (~$8aud). Chips are tasty too. They sell some very delicious looking cakes and make Vittoria coffee. Great place for a light lunch while shopping in Vila. We dined 2 days in a row.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to find good coffee in Port Vila but the coffee here was pretty good.

The food was also pretty good. Mostly baguettes, pastries and cakes.

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Always have, really great lunch venue, excellent food, extensive choices, extra pleasant staff. Constant high standards maintained. Reluctant to go too often as concerned we’ll get used to it.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

We enjoyed the vegetarian wrap and bacon and eggs. Delicious. I loved the iced coffee as well. Really friendly staff who gave us excellent advice on where to dine in the evening. Thanks

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

After an exciting morning on Port Vila doing the Zipline, we went to the markets where it was too squashed so headed across the road to this place for lunch.

Prices were very expensive so got a couple of items that were of reasonable price. ($25 NZD For a simple burger so got a panini type roll with meat and sauce for about $15)

My lunch arrived after a semi-reasonable amount of time, started eating as it was getting cold quite fast.
Had to ask where my husband's lunch was as I was finished. After another 5 minutes his lunch arrived.
Was nice enough but should not have had to each eat alone.

Went to pay and was charged for a large chips when a small was ordered and served.
Then after one person did the tally up it was handed to another person to check and put through the credit card transaction.
The cost was further increased from the first person and when questioned they waved me off with the 'I don't understand' look.

In the end I was charged 300 more than what was ordered and delivered.
Really left a 'bad taste' in my mouth as I was ripped off by supposed 'friendly locals'.

After that I did not want to go into any other shop for fear of being bombarded with 'buy my stuff' and being ripped off.

Not a great place to go to if you want to feel welcome and not 'just another tourist we can rip off'