Paradise Cove Resort
Poppy's on the Lagoon(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$167
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$150
Agoda.com
Grand Hotel And Casino(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$112
US$62
US$60
  • Pool
Vila Chaumieres(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelocity
The Melanesian Port Vila(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$85
Priceline
  • Pool
Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$151
  • Breakfast included
CoCo Beach Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$207
US$100
US$169
Travelocity
  • Pool
Moorings Hotel(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$100
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconstance and marcfishhappy hourprivate jettybedroom bungalowother guestsrelaxing holidaysnorkel straightthe managerslovely hostsromantic dinnernight lifesnorkeling gearbumpy roadwatching the sunsetgreat snorkelingcoral reef
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2013

It was great to be a little bit away from the hussle and bussle of Port Vila in a smaller, quieter resort with their own facilities on site, you could quite easily spent your entire holiday on site without leaving the resort, the food in the restuarant was delicious and generous, the bar well stocked with a great variety of cocktails, the staff were so friendly and helpfull

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Karl1509
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My friend and I were completely happy with our fantastic stay with Marc & Constance the new owners. They were both extremely warm, welcoming & incredibly helpful & their amazing staff were wonderful at Paradise Cove. It's a small, quiet, super friendly & totally relaxing melanesian style resort, set in stunning grounds and a few steps to the crystal clear waters of the bay. Swimming, snorkelling & kayaking all good fun and the food was lovely. One evening the staff spontaneously set up our dining table on the jetty, it was just magic and very special!
The bumpy ride into Pt. Vila we laughed off as our "gym session" for the day!
We can recommend this resort and as Arne say "i will be back"

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 28 January 2013

We were thrilled with Paradise Cove Resort. While the road to get there is a little worse for wear, it was worth the bumpy trip for the peace, the stunning grounds and scenery, the cute and welcoming bungalows, and most of all for the fantastic staff. Constance and Marc were very helpful, informative and welcoming, and their staff couldn't be any more friendly and happy to assist in whichever way they could. The private beach was beautiful, with clear turquoise water and fantastic snorkeling. I thought it was a lot nicer than any of the other beaches we visited in Vanuatu and felt very lucky to have it just a few steps away from our door. I would reccommend Paradise Cove to anyone wanting to escape the hustle and bustle. It was just lovely.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank JessieR3103
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We have been to Vanuatu quite a few times before, but Paradise Cove Resort is a hidden gem - the secret is out! This place is a haven for peace, tranquility from the hustle and bustle of the crazy world. We were treated like royalty from the time we arrived - greeted by the extremely helpful and caring security guard at 1am in the morning! - the bar and restaurant staff service was exceptional without being pushy, the housekeepers happy and friendly, and the massage... fantasic. The new owners make a very special effort to get to know their guests individually - very refreshing as you feel like part of the family. The bungalows are very comfortable and private, you really don't need air con. The food was very good, with daily specials that were creative and delicious. Being right on the beach, we snorkeled every day in the crystal clear water. This place was absolutely fantastic and will be our choice for every visit to beautiful Vanuatu from now on! Cheers to Constance and Marc, keep up the great work, and we will be back very soon!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kathryn1510
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Tip to first-timers to the island: if you expect everything as comfortable and cheap as home, then you should have not left home.
Ok on to review. Before I made the booking with PCR, I drove the reservations manager and the new owners insane with my incessant emails. Travelling with a tall and bulky partner with more than 30+ allergies, I had to ensure that everything was clockwork. We went in Christmas and I also wanted to do some cooking. My pre-arrival queries were answered promptly and they were helpful in suggesting alternatives and plan Bs. When we finally arrived, they knew exactly who I was, to my embarrassment. Ok, the road to Pango is crazy. It has been raining on and off so the roads have puddles the size of toddler pools and you often spot pigs, dogs and chickens (and sometimes young Ni Van kids) swimming in them. The beauty of Paradise Cove is that the state of the road ensures minimal traffic, so you are ensconced in a tropical island paradise (yea yeah corny I know). We used Melanesian Tours for transfer at $46 per couple return. The vehicle was new and air-conditioned. As soon as we arrive at PCR, we were greeted by a stillness in the air, blue skies and the beach beckoning right ahead. But orientation first. We were received by the owner, Constance with warmth and after checking everything was in order in the room, we adjourned to beautiful nakamal where everything takes place. Ben, the floor manager, if there was a floor manager, presented us with fresh coconut juice and ran through the all the good stuff of the place with us i.e. when transfers take place, who to call when you need anything, who the housegirls were, what time is happy hour, where to read tide times etc. I have to say I couldn’t sit still as the water was beckoning me from the jetty. You can see on the photos posted by other reviewers how gorgeous this place is and how quiet. There are 10 villas at this resort…but we had the beach to ourselves 98% of the time. The owners, Marc and Constance live next door with their boys, but they make an effort to provide you with privacy. In fact, the staff and other fellow guests all make an effort to maintain privacy. Ah, civility and the common goal.
What is great about PCR?
1. The location of PCR is great: far enough to be secluded and close enough go into town for supplies. There is a 930am and 130am transfer daily. Failing that, Ben or the girls can organise a transfer for you.
2. The well-equipped villas: if you are short of anything, anything at all, all the staff members and the owners are accommodating.
3. The setting of PCR: the gardens, fantastic. The proximity to water and the jetty. Holy moly. Being able to have a coffee and walk 1 minute to the shore and dunk in the beautiful cold water. Heaven.
4. Staff: for a place which operates on island time, PCR staff functions like clockwork. Everyone knows your name and remembers your preference. I am on a zero-carb regime and the wait staff remembered this throughout in our 10 day stay. They even remembered the attraction mozzies had with me and made sure that the mozzie coil was lit whenever we sat down for dinner at the nakamal. On Christmas Eve, I witnessed one of the staff members, Eva who put in over time to babysit 2 young kids. The level of attention and care was so touching, considering that she was planning to leave on time to do her Christmas shopping.
5. Restaurant: working in a restaurant is hard. Working in a restaurant with Ni Van staff at 30C heat is hell. But, the chefs churn out brilliant meals and are willing/adventurous enough to tailor to your liking. I love the beef but was getting tired with the podgy sauce. So I proposed to the chef if he could stir fry the beef with choy sum and garlic (I bought from the markets). I told him to bill me as per usual….and voila, a stir fry appeared. After not-so subtle hints about varying the menu, the chefs even started adding lighter options. On Christmas day which is the busiest time for them, they even let me use his over for me to make my customary bread + butter pudding.

I hate to say this but what would make this an even better stay:
1. I think AC in the room would have been heaven sent. Perhaps they can charge some villas more if there was an AC installed.
2. Fly screens: because the nights were hot as well, we left all the French doors open through out the night. Yes it is that safe. The mozzie coils (mats which we brought from OZ) worked a treat…but nothing deterred the invasion of land crabs. The crabs of all sizes come into your villa at night, and get this, CLIMB the walls to hunt the numerous geckos. I think a mobile fly screen may mitigate against this ‘invasion’. The last night in PCR, I deflected the biggest crab (18 cms) and gave it to the security guard. Guess who had crab for tea :)

Tips for future visitors:
1. Bring reef shoes
2. Bring your own snorkelling gear. They provide complimentary gear but hey, who wants to share cooties
3. There isn’t a tipping culture in Vanuatu. The staff work tirelessly in PCR. If you want to help, bring some school supplies either for their local schools or even for the children of the staff. Deflate soccer or rugby balls. Get them some shirts from OZ, tea towels, childrens books. Some stuffed koalas for their kids.
4. It is island time. Slow down: if your drink doesn’t come out within 10 minutes, get up from your seat and wander casually to the bar to ask. Strike up a conversation.
5. Change your money in Goodies
6. Get your fresh market fruits in the fruit market next to Au Bon Marche downtown.
7. Stop haggling: you can afford that $5 tea towel. NiVans exist on a $350 per month salary.

Will I go back...well,, i am kinda sorting out my leave even as we speak.

Room Tip: Choose vilas away from the walkway. We moved from villa 4 to 3. Villa 3 is the best!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple