After being extremely jet lagged from a long international flight, this hotel provided us with a wonderful, quiet place to rest on our first night in this exciting country. The service was good,the staff professional, the bed soft, and the room very comfortable. The only draw back was that we arrived a bit before the room was ready and had to wait an hour before it was ready. I don't think this was the fault of the hotel however as we went during the busy season. I would certainly advise a booking months as early as you decide. We took a taxi at night which was very reasonable(3,000 K) to the Shwedagon Pagoda. There is a supermarket type store within a 5 minute walk which was quite interesting. The breakfast in the morning was one of the best ever on our trip. We would certainly stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond Governor's Residence in Yangon, Myanmar, is an imposing teak mansion hotel set in lush gardens. It's located within the elegant and lush green Embassy Quarter of Yangon, walking distance to the spectacular Shwedagon Pagoda. This Belmond hotel offers luxury in fascinating surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Belmond, AAE Travel Pte Ltd, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Belmond Governor's Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Governor`s Residence By Orient-Express Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Governors Residence Yangon Rangoon
- Governors Residence Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- Belmond Governor's Residence Yangon, Myanmar