Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$56
eDreamsUS$56
Agoda.comUS$56
TripadvisorUS$56
CheapTickets
All reviews n seoul tower cable car train station minute walk myeongdong shopping street fridge ministop hostel laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 June 2012

Location is very good - walking distance from the metro and from Myeongdong walking streets. This place is very modern and reasonably clean. The room has a washing machine, kitchen sink, microwave oven and full-size fridge, but no writing desk. It seems more geared for long-term stays. Breakfast is pathetic, with only bread, jam, sweet cornflakes and horrible instant coffee. There is no room cleaning or changing of sheets. However, equipment is provided for you to clean the room yourself.

Date of stay: June 2012
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The previous reviewer, Rebecca388, has described this place exactly as I experienced it.

I was given a room on the third floor and since there was no lift, carrying my luggage down when checking-out was a torturous experience as there was no male staff around to help. There was 2 parts to my stay - the first half, I was given a room with a single bed and it was quite spacious. The second half of my stay, I was given a double room instead for 1 pax on the same 3rd floor. The room size I estimated is about the same as the one with the single room but because it has a double bed, it made the room a very tight squeeze with no room for luggage. If there were 2 persons in this room, I'm sure you will be knocking into each other all the time. I had no choice but to place my luggage in the wardrobe and fully utilised the wardrobe and drawers under the bed.

As mentioned by previous reviewer, the washing machine is really of no use. Firstly, there are no instructions in English. Secondly, there is no where that you can hang out your laundry to dry. I asked a staff if there is a place to hang the laundry outside and she said not to hang laundry outside in case it gets dirty, stolen or blown away.

Guests are provided with 2 small towels so do bring or buy a larger one if you need. You can change the towels daily but have to bring it down to the common/breakfast room yourself and ask for new ones from the owner or his wife who are usually in that room in the morning. I agree that it will be useful and helpful if dishwashing liquid is at least provided. In the bathroom, only toothpaste and a quarter filled jar of body wash is provided.

The water heater and floor heating is controlled by a wall controller so you can switch on/off when needed. The aircon is not switched on during winter and there is no fan provided. As it was moving into spring while I was there, there were days when temperature rose and it felt warm in the room. I had to open the window sometimes to let cool air in.

As mentioned, there are 3 wifi access points. On the first part of my stay, I was able to connect to point 3 only and connection was somehow weak. On the second part of my stay, I was able to connect to point 2 with good connection.

Breakfast is provided daily in the common/breakfast room. However, the selection is the same everyday so I did not have my breakfast there everyday. Only cornflakes, milk, bread and jam are provided along with instant coffee or tea.

There is no safe in-room and no housekeeping. A small vacuum cleaner is available on each floor and you can use it if you need to vacuum your room floor. You have to take out your own trash for the collectors.

All things said about the room, the location of this residence is the highlight. Just barely 5mins walk from Myeongdong station, a convenience store just across and 2 more down the road, Myeongdong shopping area across the main road and N.Seoul tower a walk uphill - this residence is the place to stay if you want someplace reasonably priced.

The staff are all generally helpful. Upon check-out, the owner's daughter-in-law helped to call a cab for me and notified the driver to bring me to Seoul Station from where I took the train to the airport. It was a quick ride costing about KRW4000-5000 only.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank eatreadandtravel
Reviewed 20 May 2012

The 4 storey guesthouse is newly furnished but has no lift; and the room is fully equiped with a washing machine (which is not really necessary unless you are on a long stay), microwave oven and a refrigerator.
There is a washing point (mini-pantry) in the guest room, but it would be nice to have dish washing liquid and wash cloth, to serve its purpose.

Be careful of which room type you choose. Family room though implied as 'for the family' may be smaller than a double room because of its odd shape.  You sleep on the floor in the family room.

Attached bathroom (with toilet, shower and wash basin) comes with a sliding (frosted) glass door without lock.  it may be embarassing to use the shower when you are staying with friends and your movement in the washroom is quite visible.  There are even small gaps of the glass door which are not covered by the frosted screen.
Not enough hooks to hang your clothes while you shower.  Toileteries (other then toilet roll) are not provided, please remember to bring your own.  Hair dryer can be 'borrowed' from the common room.
Common room is where you have bfast (between 8am to 10am only). Bfast is bread with jam or cereals.
House rules:
Bring down your soiled towels each morning to the common room to exchange for fresh ones (again between 8 to 10 in the morning).
Dispose of your waste bins contents to the collector outside the building.
Change your shoes into (not so clean) slippers provided and stow your own shoes in the lockers at the front desk whenever you enter the building.
Security: The guesthouse has 'state of the art' security system but not fully utilising it. [I shall not elaborate here].  Btw, if you are staying on the lower floor, remember to lock your windows when you go out.  Because the room is accessible from the window which opens to the backyard.

WIFI: there are 3 wifi networks and a PC in the common room.  Connection is good.

Drinking water is available from the dispenser in the common room; but note that this room is closed at 10pm. It would be better if the dispenser is placed at location where it is still accessible after 10pm or provide a kettle in the room for guests to boil their own water.

Mr Lee, the owner is helpful and chatty, even though the information he provided may not be quite up to date.  Be prepared to be chided by him over small matters.

I am not happy that we are required to pay a higher rate than that published on the website.

Generally, the stay at Residence EO was reasonable ... but there are many other guesthouses ( new and providing better services) in the same area that you may want to check out first.

Room tip: There's no lift facility, request for a lower floor if you have heavy luggage or old folks who have difficulty climbing stairs.
2  Thank Rebecca388
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I have to agree with all the previous reviews. All reviews are so true. Mr Lee, the owner, is very helpful and charming. He even help us to book a Jumbo taxi for airport pick up from Gimpo airport to GH, since our arrival in Seoul is a bit late, and we don't want to spend time to look for the location.
Rooms are clean and cozy, we booked 2 rooms, family room and double rooms, for 5 of us.
On our way back, we book the same driver to Incheon too through Mr Lee.

Highly recommended staying in Residence EO

2  Thank youlee2
Reviewed 5 March 2012

I arrived at 1.30 am and there were staff attending to me immediately. Everything in order and within 10 minutes, I am in my room already.

Wifi service is good at certain areas though there are 3 Access Points, the signal is not so good in my room. But okay still as I can go to the common room to use the wifi there.

Mr. Lee is very nice, helpful in providing information on where to go and eat, and accommodating.

Location is great as it is only 5 minutes walking distance from the train station.

It was a pleasant stay here at Residence EO.

Date of stay: February 2012