Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Location wise: 30 step walk to Euljiro-sam-ga exit 7 subway. 10-minute walk to Myeongdong. A police station sits right in front of the hostel, so we felt safer. Multiple combini and bakeries nearby. Snacking is not a problem.

Service wise: Laundry is free, but you'll have to do it yourself. There's free rice and free kimchi, and they're really delicious! If you had a long day and didn't have time to eat, just go to a combini store, grab some crab sticks, and eat it with the rice. They also give free ramyeon. Oh, they had some clogging problems in the toilets when I was there, but there are other toilets, so its ok. Just run to another toilet.

Price wise: We booked the hostel at the desk (not online) and they gave us a really good price. About KRW 5000 less than what is on the internet. So, we felt that the price is compatible.

Room wise: Very tiny room, not for claustrophobic people. Try requesting for a room with windows, because some of their rooms had no windows and it got really stuffy. If you sleep on the upper bunk, you won't be able to sit straight because your head would touch the ceiling. I'm only 162cm, but my head and the end of my toes touched the ends of the bed. Some of the rooms had attached toilets, I'd say, if you don't mind sharing toilet with other people, get the room with no attached toilets. There's a fridge in every room.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank mayammilah
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The hostel is conveniently located right outside Euljiro 3(sam)-ga subway station, but do take note that there are a few exits that could lead you to the hostel. I took Exit 10 when I arrived from the airport as there was a lift (Koreans call it 'elevator' as the Americans do). The hostel's instruction on their website says cross the road but forgot to mention that you'll be standing in front of a crossroad. As fate would have it, I crossed the wrong road and walked for quite some distance before I figured something was wrong. I called the hostel and no one who spoke English was around at the time. I had to ask someone off the street to help me ask for directions in Korean and I was so lucky to have asked an uncle who was the sweetest ever. After he spoke on the phone with the hostel staff and told us to turn back, he ran back after us and helped me drag my heaviest luggage bag all the way to the hostel building. So please make sure you look for the Police Station at the crossroad as the hostel is just a few steps away from it.

Although the hotel is located near printing and hardware shops, it wasn't noisy at night. It was also safe to walk to/from the subway at night. There is a convenient store right opposite the hostel building. But I didn't need to buy stuff from there as water and food such as rice, bread, instant noodles and kimchi were provided by the hostel. I booked a double room which came with a bunk bed and private bathroom. There are also other rooms which require sharing a common bathroom. It was small but good enough for a good sleep at the end of everyday. The beds, pillows and blankets were clean and comfortable. We spent 5 nights here. There is no air-conditioning nor heater so I don't know how things work in summer and winter. You may want to find out more before booking a room. I had no problem with the room temperature during my stay as it was cool in the autumn and the air vent kept the room away from being stuffy.

The room was clean when we arrived and of course being a hostel, we did our part to keep it clean throughout our stay. Additional towels were available at request and you can do your laundry although there isn't a dryer. Just ask the staff as they're friendly and helpful. You could hear mild noises of other people in the bathroom and if they talk really loudly but it isn't a problem that earplugs cannot fix. The noise level wasn't terrible. The only gripe I had was the hot shower. They had a system which needed constant monitoring or else the temperature would drop but their office would close at night. So imagine trying to take a bath in icy cold water after a long day out. This happened for a few nights. One night I had to call a number posted on the office door and ask someone to come fix the temperature while naked in the shower. They probably have staff staying really close to the hostel and someone arrived within minutes to fix it. Unfortunately the cycle repeated on my final morning but I couldn't be bothered anymore since I was checking out. One more thing worth trying while staying here is the traditional costume experience. There is a sign which says you can try on a Hanbok for a small fee, but they don't charge it anymore.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank pinkyfreak
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I stay there for a week. It is well located near to myeondong, you can walk 5 min, less than 1 min to eujiro 3 subway station :). I was in a single room, the room was clean with TV, Wifi, little room but enough for sleeping!!. The shared bathroom was a bit little but ok :). And there is a kitchen, and wash machine you can use for free!

I recommand this hostel. Good value for money :)

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank SokuntheaR
Reviewed 30 June 2012

My friend and I are actually still enjoying our staying for 9 days. We really like it here. This hostel locates, at first, for safety, behind the police station; secondly, it's very close to subway, and close to a catholic church (Myeong-dong catholic church, Yakhyeon catholic church, which is a few walks at the right hand side after getting off Seoul Station). It's very easy to find. Moreover, the small street across the hostel has some small restaurants with cheap/reasonable prices. We had our meals which cost 3000w for each, good taste, and fairly cheap if being compared with some street foods around. The hostel itself, however, looks small, but clean, comfortable, free foods being offered in the kitchen such as: kimchi, noodle/raimen, rice, ...and some optional foods on different days. Washing/drying machines work pretty well. The staff could speak English more-than-a-bit, and they're very nice.

Overall, this hostel offers good deals, locates at historic Myeong-dong, and I didnot have to pay over $260.00 for 9 days, the prices depend on season and special offers from the manager. If i have to comeback here in Seoul, I will definitely reserve a room in this hostel. Unforgettable!

Room tip: Choosing a good room near bathroom and kitchen, not too noisy, but convenient.
Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
8  Thank mevn2012
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I have stayed here many times within the last six months while doing business in Korea, usually 3-4 days at a time. It is family run by a mother and son and at this point I feel like they are almost like my family. They are always kind, helpful and respectful. The rooms are clean and the hostel provides all you need including shower items like shampoo, etc.The kitchen always has rice and some Korean food available for free as well. The subway station (Euljiro sam (3) ga) is minutes away and very convenient. I would highly recommend this hostel as the best for the price, convenience and obviously the people. Enjoy.

Room tip: If you plan to stay for a few days you can also ask for a discount.
Date of stay: June 2012