“Location, Location, Location”
Review of Koreana Hotel

Koreana Hotel
Ranked #82 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We have just come back from a 5 days stay in Koreana Hotel .First of all the location is perfect.Almost all the important sights can be visited on foot.
We stayed in an executive room which was big and had everything you need.The bathroom is big, but the shower is in the bathing tub.That is not so good for older people.We could use the lounge which was great for breakfast and free evening cocktails-also snacks and newspapers during the day.
The staff are friendly and very helpful.
As the airport bus stops just in front of the hotel, there is no better place to stay in Seoul.

Room Tip: executive rooms are on the 18th floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 August 2017

The hotel is midway located to major tourist destination and shopping center. We booked a standard twin room which we find sufficiently spacious. However, the air con is not working well so the hotel staff has to give us an ELECTRIC FAN! The staff said that the hotel is a little bit old and air con is centralized. It did not come from me but I could not believe that this four star hotel could be this demeaning! The bathroom is large but we could hear the water draining in the pipe, water heater is not working well, towels are a little bit old and thin. Eventually, we have to request for a change in room. I suggest that the hotel check every room before allowing guests to occupy them. Also, it would not hurt if the hotel staff can give guests a friendly smile instead of an expressionless and stiff gestures.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank BAFEboysandgirls
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I like it. Modern hotel with a good location. Hotel is located in the city center! Stuff were polite and helpful. We went to Seoul with my husband and son. Great city, great country. And this hotel is perfect place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

I went there with my parents, husband and my sister for a few days in April. It was our first trip to South Korea, and we had lots of expectations (mostly from, I confess, the Korean TV dramas).

We booked the hotel via a travelling agency and we asked for a place close to the tourist spots, yet the agent probably did not quite understand and got us this hotel, which although is near to the subway station, is no where near the tourist places. This would have been fine for me and my husband and sis, but not for my parents who can't walk too well, and we ended up had to take taxi almost everyday just in order to go to places with nice restaurants and shops.

The staff there were fine, but on the second night my parents were asked by the hotel to move to another room because I think the hotel made a mistake or something, and so they had to pack their stuff. The staff which "escorted" my parents didnn't speak much English, and just kept asking them for the key without helping with the carrying of the items to another room. My sis told the guy that we would return the key after our parents moved to another room, but that guy just kept saying "no. Key.", in a cold voice.

Annoyed, my parents eventually moved to another room but because of the rush, they left a box of expensive Godiva chocolates inside the fridge. When they remembered that it was already the next day, and when we asked the reception they said that the staff had thrown the chocolates away. We were like, what ? You asked us to move our room and shouldn't you noticed that we eat something there and, either kept it for us or bring it to our new room ?

We were definitely not happy with the experience, not because of the chocolates that we lost but it showed how unhelpful and unprofessional the place was. Not to mention for that price I would have booked a newer, closer to the shopping area places. Staff were not particularly friendly nor helpful either.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Jo L
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Duration of stay: 2 nights
Value: Not too pricey/just right
Accessibility: The hotel is located just a stone's throw away from Gwanghwamun and Gyeongbukgung Palace. In addition, it's a walking distance to the following:
Seoul City Hall
Seoul City Hall Subway Stn.
Gwanghwamun Subway Stn.
Deoksugung Palace
Euljiro-Ibgu Station
Myeongdong

Rooms: Rooms are large and comfortable with necessary bath/personal kit in the bathroom, cable TV, etc.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends