US$108
US$86
US$84
US$62
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$83/night.

The Grand Hotel Myeongdong(Seoul)
US$106
US$95
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshampoo and body washmini fridgeanguk stationjaminternethairdryerbath
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Close to all tourist places most of them within walking distance, all rooms have a private bathroom and shower, clean place, Very comfortable also for a long stay.

It's a small place and at first we were a little disappointed. But at the end it was like a home to us.

The staff is very friendly, The owner is very nice and helped us a lot. The two men thet working there also very nice and help us to get by in Seoul. They helped us a lot with orders and comparing prices when we want to go some place. When we went to Jeju and Busan, Jino, one of them, help us to book the guesthouse there and Ordered flight tickets for us.

We planned to stay in Korea for two months but because we enjoyed so much staying there we postponed the flight and stay in Korea for 4 months.

Hope to be back to visit soon 

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This was the most affordable guesthouse i could find in Seoul. And the location was so convenient - near many historical sites, cultural areas, eating places and accessible to 5 subway lines.
But the room was too small and messy. The lounge and rooms were not sound-proof, so it can be annoying at times.
The heating facility did not work as well.
Would come back to this area to stay next time, and try avoid this particular hostel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2012

September 2012 was my second stay at Guesthouse Korea, I stayed there earlier, during the lunar New Year, and vowed I would never return. Why? ...little heat in private room, ( it was freezing ) no toilet paper, coffee ran out on the second day, no towels, - actually this was just as well since the room I stayed in had virtually NO water pressure for a shower - plus NO hot water. The location, however, is excellent so I gave the place another try. The September stay started out great - actually had hot water and was provided with a towel, albeit a tiny one. The guesthouse seemed more organized. Unfortunately, ultimately that was not the case and I will look elsewhere during my next Seoul stay. There is, however, a nice assortment of world travelers coming through this place so perhaps that's Guesthouse Korea's saving grace.

Room Tip: It's the Luck of The Draw with this place - if the the owner is in town - well, you might enjoy your stay - but beware there seems to be some real space cadets left in charge when he is NOT around.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank kilikina1
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I never expected much from a budget hostel like this but I really was satisfied with it. I thought it was a bad choice based on other reviews but luckily when we stayed, I was satisfied of what I got from the price that I paid. The location was good, it was just across Changeokdung and near Gyeongbokgung Palace so as well to Insadong. For a cheap place, you will have your own fridge and toilet, especially good if you are in a group because you can take 1 4-bedroom to yourselves. They serve sandwich and coffee for breakfast too. It was also clean. If you are looking for a low budget place and wanted to save up for admission fees to places to visit , this one was good at our time. I will still stay here again when I go back to Seoul. :)

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank icespring
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed in this guesthouse for 5 days. The cheap single room was quite small but at least the bathroom was ensuite. The location is good because it is near two palaces, Insadong area, Jongmyo shrine, and Jongno 3 station which serves 3 subway lines. There are also numerous convenience stores nearby.

My room was at the ground floor and I have to agree on the smell reported by the other reviewers. The room was not spotless but I wouldn't call it dirty either. My toilet door also could not be locked. This didn't bother me because I traveled alone. I think it is a fair deal for the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo