“Hidden Gem and Very Comfortable!”
Review of Hotel Sunbee

Hotel Sunbee
Ranked #27 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Thanks to fellow TripAdvisor reviewers, I was confident in booking with Sunbee and whole-heartedly agree with the general consensus: excellent location and clean, generously sized rooms. Insadong is central and bustling but not too touristy. We had a western room (which was by default, not choice). Appreciated the ample storage space and shelving. The mattress was by far the most comfortable among the several hotels we stayed at on our 3-week vacation (Korea & other countries). The bathroom was very large and attractive (with nice toiletries); however, the lack of shower curtains can be a significant concern for some. Seems pretty impossible to not get the floor wet if you use the shower, so we were very careful when stepping out of the tub.
We didn't book with the breakfast option but did notice by chance that the plates looked quite attractive; the cafe restaurant appears to be very popular at lunch with local office workers.
On our first night, we asked the front desk for restaurant recommendations. Turns out they have a printed list of recommendations, organized by types of cuisine such as casual vs. traditional Korean, Japanese, Buddhist, etc; even with a map, albeit not very precise. Definitely much appreciated!
Finally, a recommendation for those who are visiting Seoul for the first time and are planning to take the airport limo buses to Sunbee: use Google map to get a good sense of the bus route and the exact bus stop where you need to get off (thank you to Google map for indicating the bus stops by the bus numbers!) Otherwise, although the bus does announce its next stops, it can be quite easy to miss and you wouldn't want to get off at the wrong stop since the roads are very broad and busy. BTW, I did take limo bus #6002 because it ran more frequently and I did find the hotel by going through the small alleyways... alas large suitcases might be challenging!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Hotel Sunbee, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

To whom it may concern

Thank you for staying with us at this time.
I really appreciate your warm and frank comment. I am so happy to hear that you liked the room. I can feel that you really enjoyed your stay from your real comment. With reference to the shower curtains and the wet floor in the bathroom, I would like to express my apologies. I will discuss the problems with our staff for better service. Actually, there are several options to get to our hotel. However as you mentioned, taking a limousine bus #6002 from the airport is a good idea. Even if it is difficult to carry large suitcases, it is the cheapest and runs every 15 minutes and you don't have to transfer. I guess your feedback will definitely be helpful to other tourists and I will share your comment with our staff.
Thank you again from the heart and I look forward to seeing you in the near future if you have any plans to visit Korea again. If you have any inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 5 September 2017

I stayed here for 3 nights in one of the Korean-style rooms. Aside from the nice aesthetics, the room was very clean and spacious. The location was really great--less than a 10-minute walk to both Gyeongbokgung and Changdeokgung. The area gets a little dark at night, but I felt safe walking around by myself. There's also a lot of convenient food options nearby. If you're looking for a quick and inexpensive meal (or takeout option), I recommend the little hole-in-the-wall gimbap restaurant down the street from the hotel (near the intersection with the main Insadong street). Front desk staff were also very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Hotel Sunbee, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

To whom it may concern

Thank you very much for staying with us at this time.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay in the hotel and in Seoul.
I really appreciate your heartful and kind comment. I know the gimbap restaurant you mentioned. It is called yesul gimbap. I have been to the restaurant several times and the food and service was fantastic. I think your recommendation will be definitely helpful to other tourists.
I am really encouraged by your comment and I will share your comment with our staff.
We are dedicated to provide second to none services at all times.
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We (2 adults and 2 kids-6/7) stayed for one night before visiting the palace. The kids slept on the floor with hotel-provided sleeping padding while my wife and I slept on the king size bed. It was comfortable for everyone. The breakfast, $7/person was awesome with choices of pancakes and toast with many side items that's perfect for an adult but too big for my 6/7 year olds. You can't beat the location - its in the center of Insadong and took us about 10-15 min to walk to the palace.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Hotel Sunbee, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Dear Steven T

Thank you for staying with us at this time.
We are so glad to hear that you stayed comfortably and liked the room and breakfast.
As your mentioned, the location is one of our positive points. And your feedback will be definitely helpful to other tourists
We really appreciate your warm and kind comment and we will share your comment with other staff.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

The Sunbee is a totally functional hotel with a great location. Right by Insadong, my favourite district for shopping and eating, it has decent rooms and a free laundry!!!! The Korean style rooms come with very thin (2 inch) futons which would be pretty hard for any North Americans to sleep on. I'd recommend the western style. Staff was very friendly and very eager to please.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Hotel Sunbee, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Dear Sir of Madam

Thank you for staying with us at this time.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and Seoul.
We really appreciate your warm and frank comment.
With reference to the futons, we are so sorry for the inconvenience and we will discuss that with our staff to provide better service.
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the future.
If you have any inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

This was our first of many places to lay our head on our tour through South Korea and we were very impressed with it.

It took us a few extra mins to find as it is a wee bit tucked away in a strange wee side street which looks a bit like the back of office buildings, but don't let this put you off - the location is incredible. Insadong was my favourite district in Seoul and I felt so fortuitous to have stayed there for our first introduction to the city!

In the heart of the Palace Quarter aswell, you are surrounded by incredible buildings and lovely shops and handicrafts and not to mention the warren of restaurants.
Ashamed to say I can't remember the name of the restaurant we found in one of the many streets (not sure it had a name....it was fantastic, so def. explore this area)

Back to the hotel - very clean large room, great traditional window blinds, and a large bathroom! Of all the places we stayed, this was one of the nicest bathrooms. Everything was fresh and spotless, aircon was great and the staff are nice and helpful.
We stayed for 3 nights, and ate at nearby places for breakfast.

Was sad to not be staying here on our way back to Seoul as I booked somewhere in Gangnam.....would definitely have come back here!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Kkim1102, 매니저 at Hotel Sunbee, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

Dear Natalie

Thank you for staying with us at this time.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We appreciate your kind and warm comment.
We were greatly encouraged by your comment and we will share your comment with other staff. Your feedback will be definitely helpful for other tourists.
Thank you again and we look forward to serving you in the near future.
If you have any inquiries, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Sunbee hotel