See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2011

Hotel isn't located walking distance to any sightseeing attractions or major shopping areas such as Myeongdong, Dongdaemun, etc. but there's a subway station (Namyeong station) about 5 minutes away that will take you anywhere you need to go. We found it more convenient to walk a little further to the Samgakji station and take the train there since it meant less transfers to the major areas. The airport limo bus (#6001) from Incheon airport drops you off about 10 minutes walking distance away from the hotel so it's not too bad. When dropped off on the main road, just head straight down the main road in the direction the bus came from since the bus passes the hotel and make a right turn after you pass the block with a 7-eleven. The deluxe double room we booked was a decent size and pretty spacious and bigger than some of the other ones we've stayed at in Korea or Japan. The lighting is pretty dim throughout even with all the lights on since it's kind of a love hotel. The bed was good, shower was strong, had a jacuzzi tub. The toilet in our unit was enclosed in a separate area with a door but it was really tight in there so my knee hit the wall when I sat on the toilet so I had to turn sideways a bit which was annoying. There's free wifi but your signal will depend on where your room is situated. Our room on the 5th floor had a terrible signal but our friends on the 3rd had a strong signal. If your wifi doesn't work, you can always use the PC in your room to use the internet which is also convenient for those who don't have their own laptop. The staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. You can also ask for an adapter for the outlets ($10 deposit which you get back when you return it). There are plenty of shops, cafes around the hotel area on the main road so it's not too shabby. Overall, we had a good experience at this hotel. It's clean and will have everything you need. Location is good if you plan on taking the subway or taxis. I'd prefer to book a hotel that's walking distance to the main areas, saves on subway fares and taxis. Keep in mind the subway closes at around midnight, so you would have to take a taxi if you stay out later than that if you go to the bars or late shopping. A piece of advice, do NOT take a black minivan taxi if you stay out late. They are known for scamming you and charging you a ridiculous amount of money like they did to us. Our fare was over $80 from Dongdaemun to the hotel when it should have only cost $8 in a regular car taxi. Lesson learned.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank RoundPanda
Reviewed 21 October 2011

even it is not in the heart of shopping area, but this area has its own charms. we've found many good little restaurants and cafes. close to subway and airport bus stop.
the room is very clean and staff at front desk are quite reliable.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2011

We booked a deluxe twin, and the beds were fine (one double, one single). People who like soft beds might disagree, but I like a firm bed and these were definitely firm. The room was quite swish in terms of the quality of the decorations (brocade-type wallpaper, heavy drapes, marble counters) and linens, but the layout was very confusing and was the cause of much hilarity during our stay. The bathroom seems at first glance to be very luxurious with its 4-person jacuzzi spa, but we had neither the time nor inclination to take a bath, so stuck with the shower. There seemed to be a place in the vast bathroom space where a shower was meant to go, but there was no plumbing there. Instead, the shower heads were installed on the wall over the jacuzzi tub. We were meant to stand in the tub and shower. That sounds fine until you consider that the luxury tub was made of fiberglass that was elaborately contoured to cradle the bathers. Shower-takers had to stand on this uneven and rather slippery surface to complete the operation. Furthermore, there were no walls or doors around the tub, so in the process of showering, water splashed everywhere.

The bathroom sink is also in a strange position, perched on a counter that separates the sink area from the sleeping area. There is a big easy chair basically right next to the sink, so if someone standing in the sink area and brushes their teeth or washes their face while the other is sitting in the easy chair, the sitter is in real danger of getting splashed (or spat upon?!).

Other weirdness involved the lighting system - there are light switches in only one place in this room - a panel underneath the vast television screen. All the lights in the room are controlled by this panel ONLY - so upon reaching the toilet room or bath area we would repeatedly find ourselves calling out to each other to please switch the light on. We also found the room to be quite dark even with all the lights on. Perhaps it's meant to be romantic...

On the up side, the place was spotless and was made up daily, there was free water and tea in the fridge as well as a tea kettle, tea bags and instant coffee, it was a stone's throw from many coffee shops that were good for a quick breakfast, it was close to 2 different train stations and within walking distance of Sookmyung Women's University, and it was quiet. The staff was relatively helpful, too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank expat_in_Japan
Reviewed 15 October 2011

Yes, Hotel Elle Inn is a love hotel. The somewhat hidden location and entrance are the first clues to this. Then the extremely quick and easy check in give you further evidence (if you fail to notice the Seoul Escort pamphlets in the lobby).
It's a very nice love hotel though, and I had an extremely comfortable stay there. The room was quite spacious, and I particularly enjoyed the large jacuzzi bathtub. There was a bit of a learning curve involved since the universal remote (which controls absolutely everything in the room) is only in Korean and I can't read Korean. I figured out most of the functions though (only to realize later that there was actually some translation in the room's information binder).
The front desk attendant was very kind and helpful, providing me with an electrical adapter when I needed one. They also had a huge LCD TV with quite a few English channels.
As for cleanliness, the hallways could have used a vacuuming (I guess it was considered unnecessary since the hallway lighting was so dim), but my room was immaculate.
The location is excellent - near a hopping restaurant strip and just a short walk to several Metro stations. The central Seoul station area is not far away either.
Even though it's a rather tall building, it is rather difficult to find though, tucked away behind other tall buildings. The entrance is down a small side street. If you're walking down the main street looking for it and pass the huge USO compound, you've gone too far.
For the price, I think it would be hard to do better. My friend paying twice as much at the Hyatt certainly didn't have a huge jacuzzi like I got at Hotel Elle Inn.

Room Tip: If you're one of those people bothered by the smell of cigarette smoke though, this is not the place for you. I think all the rooms are smoking rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I booked this hotel after reading a couple of the reviews here and other websites and I made the biggest mistakes for this trip. The pictures on their websites must been taken when they first opened like 10 years ago!?!?

I was not expect a five star hotel but at least is CLEAN. The room smell like someone was smoking there before and when we complained to the manager he only refreshed the room with chemical air refresher which made us both feeling ill with bad headache. You can also found cooking smell when you are in the elevator. The staff said to us this is smoking free hotel but we found ash-trays in the bedroom and bathroom.

The bathroom is the worst bit... there was black molded stuff between the titles and on the shower curtain..I found human body hairs under my pillow and unknown liquid marks on the chairs... They also supply us a hair brushes with hairs attached...The room was really dark and I think they have to keep the light low otherwise you are able to see all the terrible things in the room.

Most hotels are booked out when we were there so we are forced to stayed there for 2 nights. I seriously had two nights of nightmare and had very little sleep. The hotel also setup the TV to turn itself on at 8am.!!! What the!!!

This hotel is worst than the Australia's backpackers we used to stay when we were in Melbourne. I don't think this hotel deserve any stars.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple