“Exceptional food, Stunning Views”
Review of Vivo Restaurant

Vivo Restaurant
Ranked #80 of 4,295 Restaurants in Cairo
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Description: In Italian it means “alive”, this restaurant will give you the experience of rustic Italian cuisine in a modern setting where you will have the chance to go in a journey to the Italian countryside with the smell of homemade pizza and the largest Grappa selection in town.
Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are staying at the Nile Ritz Carlton trying it out as a venue for an upcoming couples tour we are running.

I am a huge fan of Italian food and couldn't miss trying Vivo as an Italian restaurant with a menu created under the guidance of two hatted chef Oliver Glowig, that overlooks the Nile River through a wall of glass.

I started with the Gnocchi as an appetiser, which was spectacular, covered in smoky cheese. I'd rate it the best gnocchi I've had, and my wife had a soup, which she loved.

For Main course I had the Beef Fillet with Foie Gras. It was a beautifully prepared meal. My wife had Squid Ink Pasta with Lobster which she thoroughly enjoyed.

For desert we both selected the Tiramisu. This was my favourite course of the night. Once before in my life I have enjoyed a desert so much, that I ordered it again. Now it's twice, and as with the first time, my wife joined me. I find many versions of Tiramisu too strong. The flavours, textures, and creaminess in this Tiramisu were absolute perfection.

The Service was exceptional, and the decor and vibe of the establishment was stunning, and with tables nicely spaced.

We had a beautiful italian wine, a Tuscan Sangiovese dominant Chianti Classico. In my only 'could improve' for this beautiful restaurant, the wine we had was the third one I chose, after the first two were out of stock. I expect alcohol is not a high priority in a country where very few locals drink, but in a five star hotel focused on serving many tourists managing stocks of the wines you chose to put on your list should be as important as every other aspect of restaurant and hotel management.

In closing this is a superb restaurant that I will return to, and which will feature in the future tours my wife and I run to Egypt.

1  Thank Ura P A

Reviewed 17 March 2017

This high end restaurant is located inside Ritz Carlton Cairo hotel, with magnificent Nile view. They provide tasty traditional Italian dishes, in addition to great Salmon stake. Highly recommended for business lunch or romantic dinner

1  Thank 55Ayman
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

Vivo is an amazing restaurant with a superb view for the Nile... Risotto sea food is the best I tried in my life.. very rich and tasty
Service is great and the place is must visit
Well done

1  Thank Akram R
Reviewed 9 February 2017 via mobile

We hade lovely diner . Testy salads, crispy duck , not bad pasta. Lively music . Good service . Affordable price.

1  Thank klokovat
Reviewed 30 January 2017

Enjoyed a good dinner with colleagues after a long trip into Cairo. The three of us were able to walk in and get seated at a table overlooking the Nile. The waiter was helpful in explaining the menu and in selecting and excellent wine. When we could not decide on appetizers, he recommended we share the octopus with pesto (it was prepared to perfection) and a chef's special salad, also excellent. My colleagues both ordered the squid ink pasta with lobster and seafood. They said it was excellent. I chose the ravioli and although it was tasty was disappointed with the sauce which was very thin. Deserts were excellent as was the service. The waiter was helpful and knowledgeable about various topics (Egyptian wines and we were offered free samples!) There was a lovely violinist who played music that was at just the right sound level to be pleasant.

1  Thank f_leech