US$169
US$149
US$169
US$84
  • Pool
City View Hotel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$30
  • Breakfast included
US$97
US$89
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$187
US$116
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 October 2011

We stayed at the El Tonsy Hotel as part of our tour organised by Timeless Egypt Tours. The hotel is centrally located close to the Nile with great views of Cairo and - in the distance from the roof terrace - the Pyramids of Giza. The rooms are spacious with very comfortable beds and efficient air con, fridge and TV, and well appointed en suites. The food was good (especially the breakfast omelets) and we enjoyed relaxing on the terrace with a cool beer or fresh lemon juice at the end of a day's sightseeing. The staff were all friendly and made us feel very welcome. If you are looking for a reasonably priced place to stay in Cairo then look no further than the El Tonsy. We would also recommend tours of the city and Egypt organised by: http://www.timelessegypt.com/

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie E
Reviewed 16 August 2011

Have just returned from Egypt where we stayed at the El Tonsy, both at the beginning and end of our trip. The two rooms which we had were both spacious, well furnished and comfortable. The air conditioning was also excellent, something that was appreciated as the temperatures during our stay were very very hot. The hotel is centrally located right by the Nile and within walking distance of the Cairo museum.
We ate in the hotel on 3 of the 4 nights of our stay and found the food tasty and along with the local Stella beer reasonably priced.
The hotel also has a wonderful rooftop terrace which overlooks and has views of the pyramids at Giza in the distance.
Would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a hotel in Cairo.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank daandjlp
Reviewed 16 August 2011

They say first impressions count! This is true I was greeted with a massive Egyptian welcome and then taken to my room. The rooms are roomy with amazing bathrooms. All you need in a hotel room!

Then I went to the top and could not believe the view. Nile to the left and the Great Pyramids of Giza to my right. With a Stella Beer in hand I sat and relaxed whilst taking in these amazing sights!

I would definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler looking for a friendly, clean and comfortable hotel in Egypt! :)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Europeantours
Reviewed 24 June 2011

This was a very new hotel and I stayed a couple of nights. Great view of the city while drinking good priced beer. The hotel still has teething problems but I suppose that's normal. The one thing I didnt like was the cost of the food. It is very expensive and they charge extra fees which you only find out about when you check out the next day which made it very costly for average food. Overall it is a good hotel

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Suspex
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I’m leaving this place tonight to go back to Germany the owner George Asked me if i can write comment and say my opinion about the Hotel. I stayed there for three nights and if I came back to Cairo I’ll stay there again for sure. The hotel is very clean I had a room overlooking the Nile and the City. The hotel is located right in the city center. I highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple