Hotel Grand Royal
US$141
US$98
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$125
US$97
US$150
US$90
  • Restaurant
All reviewstalaat harb squaredowntown cairoegyptian museummr husseinfrom morning till nighthotel tour deskdone dailyhighly recommend the granddaily breakfastfresh towelscentral locationorganise toursdinner cruisewifi connectionsecond homenile cruisecomfortable room
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We first stayed here a few years ago, and coming back recently was a nice surprise as the hotel has been much improved. The decor is nice, new bathroom facilities (all en-suite) and the location, in that heart of Downtown Cairo, is excellent. It's a short walk to restaurants, several of Cairo's 'baladi bars' and the Egyptian Museum. Highly recommended.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2018

Excellent hotel very good location, high class service, I stay 3 nights in the hotel I can say, best hotel in Cairo if you looking for high class service very good location with comparatively cheap price. Very close to the Egyptian Museum, Pyramids, Nile River, Metro stations, Shopping malls and many Cafes and eating places. Very clean and comfortable room with daily breakfast, Free Wi-Fi (very good). Highly recommend The Grand Royal Hotel TOUR DESK, very organized. Every day was as great, Mr. Hussein and Ms. Madeline are in the Hotel from Morning till night time to ensure all the guests are comfortable, Happy and well looked after. We felt the hotel was our second home and Mr Hussein, Ms Madeline, Mr Omar, Ahmad, Ayman, Bader and Ms Afafa are our family in Egypt. Thank you all for hosting us in your hotel and your hospitality. I would not think twice when visiting Cairo about staying at the Grand Royal. I really enjoyed my stay there and would recommend it for everyone.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

It was my first trip in Egypt. The hotel owner and staff provided an extended hand to us, helped us a lot to arrange tour packages. The hotel rooms are clean and descent. Breakfast is good as well. In addition, it is located in the heart of the city, near to Egypt museum and SADAT metro station. A very good hotel to stay with family or friends.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Shihab M
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

It was my first time in Egypt it was really nice visiting Egypt and the hotel was so clean , beautiful,and the location was very good in the centre of downtown near to all restaurant's And the Egyptian museum and the Nile river . The hotel staff helped with well organized trips to Giza pyramids , Alexandria and Nile cruise to Aswan and Luxor . It was really great experience enjoyable I love it and it made me thinking about visit Egypt again and will definitely return back to Grand Royal . Thanks a lot to all the hotel staff for being professional and so friendly and see you soon .

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank omar g
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Returning home, to Egypt, to spend the winter, and as the plane navigated the purple skies, approaching its destination, the mega city of Cairo, I contemplated on my six months stay, in the country. I looked forward to warm and fun visits with family and friends ... to enjoyable strolls along the Nile and the corniche of Alexandria, over looking the Mediterranean ... and to delicious Egyptian food. Also, I marveled at being in the historic down town Cairo, where I stay in what became my home, away from home: Hotel Grand Royal! This is my third year staying at this cozy, rustic, and delightful place. I spend the whole winter in Egypt, from December to June ... and this Hotel has become a favorite spot, for me, in the country. This year, there was a surprise awaiting my arrival: an upgrade of the hotel and its interior ... it was done in such a fine, artistic taste that added quality without compromising the rustic and historic feeling of the place, which I always appreciated! The fine tuning: soft lighting, delightful colors, charming furniture, and paintings, make the place warm and homey. The friendly staff, which is one of the place's highlights, make me feel, again, as if I returned home, which is so sweet. I am having the same room of last year, with which I bonded. It is quiet, sunny, and has a spacious interior. I spend big portions of the morning and afternoon, in the room, working on my writings and readings, as well as browsing the net. Then, I would take strolls in the historic, Haussmann's downtown Cairo. The evenings I spend with friends and family, attending local restaurants and cafes. I meditate on a great winter and a fabulous time, and thanks again to this wonderful Hotel for providing an essential ingredient of quality and homey feeling that make my winter stay, in Egypt, more enjoyable!

Room Tip: Ask for your preference, such as overlooking the Square, which is more noisy than the other side.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo