“Nice hotel in the middle of Cairo”

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Ranked #12 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Sao Paulo, SP
“Nice hotel in the middle of Cairo”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

The Semiramis is well located, next to the US Embassy and close to the main avenues. It has nice restaurants, one barbecue grill next to the pool. For Western women I would strongly recommend going light in the swimsuits since many men from Arabic and African countries are not used to see women wearing small bikinis.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
Marc L, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear RenataBiancalana,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@semiramisic.com] and I would like to thank you very much for your review on the Semiraimis InterContinental Cairo. It was a pleasure reading that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us.

As for the swimsuits issue, we have not received any comment regarding the swimsuits before as the Semiramis InterContinental is an international brand hotel and we receives international guests.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo.

Marc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
Toronto
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Initially, I chose this hotel for the location and the good deal they provided for "Club" rooms. The room we got after checking in past midnight and passing through pretty intense security(we could not take our swiss knife with us and had to check it in?)was nice and spacious with a fantastic view of the Nile and the city. Could not ask for better view. The location was indeed central and convenient for the museum and other sites. The hotel also had restaurants and a shopping arcade which was nice.
Now the problem I had with the hotel was the so called "Club" option for which one pays extra. The breakfast was just ok. I found later that you could request falafel and other choices, however, no one mentioned it. Perhaps a little menu of options would be helpful. The tea time was very mediocre compared to some of the other "Clubs", where I enjoyed sandwiches, spirits and other goodies. This "Club" only had pastries. The "happy hour" spirits choices were pathetic. International airlines offer more choice. Only whisky for liquor and couple of beers and wine. The actual food options were good. However, overall I was very disappointed. One of the previous reviews indicated this was the best "Club" service he received. I have no idea where he stayed. Also, service wise there was one server compared to 3-4 hotel people in suits milling about. The lounge area was nice and comfortable, where we got to use wifi. I agree with the previous reviewer- they should provide wifi in the rooms especially, the club rooms. The club eating area also provided a nice view of Tahrir square. Overall, I would recommend this hotel, but not the "Club", unless they take it up a notch.

Dear TorontoVa,

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager and I would like to thank you very much for your review on the Semiraimis InterContinental Cairo. It was a pleasure reading that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us.

However, we are sad for not being up to your expectations in the club lounge, as this does not reflect our usual standards. You are important to us and your satisfaction is our most important goal.

We have reviewed all food contents with the chef and we are working now on a new setup to be implemented soon.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance, my email is: [marc.lambert@semiramisic.com]

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2012

We were a family of five booked in two adjoining rooms and the hotel went out of their way to ensure that we had a comfortable and safe stay whilst in Cairo. The gym was well used and the balcony overlooking the Nile was sensational. Free wifi in the lobby or cable in the room enabled us to stay up to date with blog updates and news from home. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Nile.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Marc L, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Mark A,

Thank you very much for your review on the Semiraimis InterContinental Cairo. It was a pleasure reading that you and your family have enjoyed your stay with us.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@semiramisic.com] and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back to the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I actually moved to this hotel from another (which was awful)! The location is great, the desk staff were excellent. The food in both room service and at the the restaurants (tried 3) was very good. I had a balcony facing the Nile - great view! The room was excellent - comfy bed, great amenities, etc. The only drawback to this hotel is the wifi in the rooms. They have wifi only in the lower 4 public floors, but not the rooms. They have cables in the room for internet access, but for all those who have Mac items (iPad, MacBook Air, etc), this is NOT a good option! PLEASE upgrade and get wifi in your rooms - this is a basic in better hotels today!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Dear Okayiguess,

Thank you very much for your review on the Semiraimis InterContinental Cairo. It was a pleasure reading that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Your concern about WIFI connectivity on the floors will be taken into consideration.

My name is Marc Lambert, Executive Assistant Manager [marc.lambert@semiramisic.com] and I am looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Semiramis InterContinental Cairo.

Philadelphia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We good a great corner suite with 2 balconies overlooking the Nile and Tahrir Square. The views of the Nile, and the constant roar of traffic and night clubs made the balconies exciting, but with the windows closed the room was almost silent. The living room / office area was huge, and the bed room was quite large and quite comfortable. Breakfast in the Club was convenient, and my wife always enjoys drinks and snacks in the club in the evening. Staff was great. And with the view of Tahrir Square from the Club you can get a sense of how the day is going to be. Location was great ... on the Nile, close to the Square, close to the Metro. I will definitely return. And yes, despite the disturbances in Cairo, this hotel feels perfectly safe and perfectly secure.

Room Tip: I am a frequent guest at InterContinental Hotels and a member of their Ambassadors Club. It costs...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Marc L, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
Dear WISEGUY572,

I do hope that you will always consider the Semiramis your home away from home where no effort will be saved to render each and every stay a most memorable one.