Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Ramses Hilton(Cairo)
US$90
US$81
  • Breakfast included
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$125
Agoda.com
US$90
  • Restaurant
2,547 results
All reviewsold palacezamalek towersuez canalgarden cafecountry kitchenthe executive loungemain buildingbeautiful hotelan oasiszamalek islandbusiness centernile viewlarge hotelspecial thanksbreakfast buffet isegyptian museumegyptian pounds
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here on our first trip to Cairo. This is a very big hotel that offers you everything you can think of. The service is good and our room was lovely. We had a room with a nice deep balcony looking over the Nile, a really lovely Cairo view.
The breakfasts were lovely, with good western and egyptian options and very friendly staff. The other food was not of a very high standard being rather expensive and not very good. Room service was standard, however the American style diner is to be avoided. We went there to avoid having to pay over $60 USD for a steak. At this diner however we had to send our steak back. We ordered it medium and when it arrived it was stilling mooing.... I have never been served a steak like this can I can only categorise as being raw...
Having said this, what can you expect, we should have known better than to eat at a US style diner in Cairo! The food was significantly better at breakfast time.
The hotel offers wireless at a price, however only in the hotel lobby. This seems to be consistent with other locations in this part of the world, however most places appear to offer wireless in communal areas for free, where as we had to pay $12 USD per hour at this hotel.
This hotel offers all the conveniences you could ask for with a very good gym and pool, bank, souvenir shops and top notch security. The rooms are clean and of a good quality and a good size. It is a business hotel, but for western travellers in Egypt, this can be a good thing... I would recommend this hotel to others with some hesitation over the food.

One thing I would recommend in Egypt is looking into Emeco travel as a tour company. They were absolutely fantastic and we had a wonderful tour guide named Abeer. A visit to Cairo and Egypt will be made so much better with Emeco!!!

Room Tip: Getting one over the Nile allows you to experience the wonders of Cairo - the traffic, the car horns and the amazing sunrise... The noise is an amazing experience and one to be enjoyed, not bothered by!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

the location is very convenient for moving around.Staff was helpful .rooms were clean .The garden is a sheer delight to sit and have a coffee or a drink.

Room Tip: always ask for twin beds you get a bigger room this way
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aziza43
Reviewed 13 January 2012

It's a Marriot. Facility up to international spec, but attention and service was excellent. The main thing that satisfied me with the stay was the night time atmosphere in the patio. People and even woman smoking, chatting, enjoying conversation. May foreigners as well. So just visit for some appetizers in the patio and you will enjoy.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jaybe71
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My husband and I had originally planned to stay at another hotel, but due to the recommendation of our Egyptian friend, we changed our plans and stayed here. We are so so so glad that we did! This hotel was just fabulous and was located in a great section of Cairo (away from any potential security issues). The grounds were absolutely beautiful, very spacious, and with a very relaxing vibe. The staff was EXTREMELY professional and genuinely friendly. They respected our personal space and gave us privacy without us needing to ask for it and they did not hover around for tips. On one night, we ordered our dinner from room service and it was excellent (I was happy to see a small variety of vegetarian items to choose from). But I think the most exciting part of our stay here was that my husband and I actually saw President Jimmy Carter in the hall way on two occasions!!!!! If it's good enough for him, it's definitely good enough for me!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katie M
Reviewed 11 January 2012

My first stay at the Marriott Omar Khayyam was a little bit disappointing. I thought that it was only fair to expect a few more luxurious "gestures" from such a hotel, like slippers, a bath robe, a nail file, a sewing kit, more options at the breakfast buffet... I heard from friends who have stayed at the hotel before the revolution that the standards were a lot higher before the turmoil, so I think it's only temporary until the whole tourism industry recovers... Other than that, everything was great; the location is perfect, the building is amazing, and the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Looking forward to staying there again soon.

Room Tip: choose a room in the Zamalek tower with a view on the Nile
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business