2,639 results
All reviewsold palacezamalek towersuez canalcountry kitchengarden cafethe executive loungemain buildingbeautiful hotelan oasiszamalek islandbusiness centernile viewspecial thanksegyptian museumegyptian poundsfour seasonsmona
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I am so impressed about this Hotel The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff is courteous and responds quickly to your needs...There is absolutely no better place to stay than this hotel.The room was very nice and had everything that we needed. The decor in the room was absolutely marvelous it has an Egyptian feel as well as modern energy The Nile river view was in an amazing site .I cant wait to return on my next vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Aliyah871
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino., we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

i would rate this hotel lower, however the dinner in the ilalian restaurant proved to be so good that i bumped up my review of the hotel overall based on this. the service in the restaurant was also much bette than the rest of the hotel. Internet in the room can be free if you have a cable/ethernet connection. It is 2012, wifi should be standard in hotels. I will never understand why i have to bring a cord or go pay at the business center. Also, it is 2012, why does this hotel not have flat screen tvs? the tv appeared to be from the 1980s. I needed to use a phone to clear up an issue and could not use a phone anywhere in the hotel or my room without being charged $3/min or more. I finally spoke to a manger who said i could dial from my room, of course at check out this was on my bill. I had to get that resolved. The bed was very hard and my room smelled. Its little difference around the world in levels of service that wil make you appreciate a certain area more than others. For instance the breakfast buffet, while having a good selection and good food, would be out of stock by 9am. They didnt think to replenish or maybe ran out? there was no bowls, no buter, no jelly. The location was nice and some rooms have a view of the Nile. The pool are gardens are a nice retreat from the noise of the city. I did not venture into the Casino so i can not review it. There is a 24 hour bank on the property which makes converting money a bit easier. Not sure how good the conversion rate was, but for ease it was good. The hotel common areas are decorated lavishly, and truely make you feel like you are in ancient Egypt. My only wish is service was a bit nicer and room a bit cleaner. Found a few hairs in the shower that were not mine.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bebedani
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback, and I am very sorry that you did not have a good experience with us during your last stay. We at Marriott strive for excellence and can only improve with your comments. I would very much welcome a discussion with you on the issues that you had with us, and please do contact me on emy.elshourbagi@marriott.com.

Kind regards

Reviewed 29 August 2012

This was first time in Cairo and my stay at the Marriott was excellent, the interior of the main palace is exotic and you can feel the history.The room was well furnished and spacious enough for my business trip. The gym was well equipped although a little small, the pool was large enough to have a good swim. The restaurants are expensive however if you eat the local cuisine then it is manageable. Breakfast is good, plenty to chose from continental, Arabic or a mix bag if you wish.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Alan O
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and would like to assure you that we continue to benchmark all our pricing against the market and updates are made accordingly.

Thanking you again for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 23 August 2012

As luxurious as they get. Been in Cairo for the 3d time this was the best hotel so far. Luxury everywhere, friendly and well trained staff, fantastic food spatious rooms with fantastic view. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Malkom T
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Mr. Malkom,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, we are glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

I wasn't thrilled with my husband's idea of going to Egypt. But, once we arrived at the Marriott, sat on our balcony overlooking the Nile and listened to live Egyptian folk music emanating from the huge rooftop outdoor restaurant, I was enthralled with this exotic, historic hotel. It is rather large, the grounds and pool are well-kept, and the staff was very friendly. Our room was very clean and quite comfortable. The buffet breakfast was very good. Internet was VERY SLOW!! If you venture to go off the "compound", the back street has the oldest bakery in Cairo and we indulged several times. There are some other interesting shops on the same street. Doubt that I will ever see Cairo again, but would not hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Nile and pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Mrs. Waldgreen,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay at the Palace which was built back in 1869 to host Empress Eugenie, wife of Napoleon the third, for the opening of the Suez Canal. We take our customer feedback very seriously to ensure that you have a more rewarding experience on your upcoming visit.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back once again to the Palace.