Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
US$128
US$188
US$160
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$181/night.

Cairo International Hostel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
US$22
US$216
US$145
Hotels.com
  • Pool
City View Hotel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$31
  • Breakfast included
2,566 results
All reviewsold palacezamalek towersuez canalgarden cafecountry kitchenthe executive loungemain buildingbeautiful hotelan oasiszamalek islandbusiness centernile viewspecial thanksbreakfast buffet isegyptian museumegyptian poundsfour seasons
Reviewed 10 October 2009

Very nice hotel with clean rooms and nice amenities. Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Had heard of petty theft in the hotel, so be sure to keep cameras and such in the provided room safe. I didn't have anything taken, but i suppose its to be expected in a low income economy such as theirs. Over all great location!

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2009

You can expect the best from a Marriott , but this Marriott, by far, is magnificient. This building was an old palace that was transformed into a hotel. The architecture is surperb and the courtyard is spectacular. Our room faced the courtyard which overlooked the outdoor cafes and restaurants with typical Arabic atmostphere and hookah pipes, and we heard the local music playing. This hotel also has a casino. The service at the hotel was wonderful. We arrived late at night and the hotel was overbooked and we had to wait a little while for our room but they made it well worth our wait. Without asking, we were upgraded to a bigger nicer room. There are many shops which sell local merchandise. There is also a bank in the hotel which is very convenient for exchanging money. While we stayed at this hotel we felt very safe because there was security at all the entrances and metal detectors and all incoming packages were x-rayed. When we would arrive by taxi they had bomb sniffing dogs for explosives. Being out of the country we liked this the most. The only negative comment I have on this hotel is that the restaurants are a bit expensive, but other than that I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed 9 October 2009

Stayed for 4 nights at this hotel. The hotel is very nice, has shops, restaurants, etc. Zamalek is a convenient location to see all the sights. My only complaint is that they charge US prices for everything in the hotel which is kind of ridiculous once you see how much things cost outside of the hotel (all international hotels in this area do).

I found a cheaper laundry place nearby (pic attached). It's on July 26th street. If you exit the main entrance, turn left and then left again onto July 26th. It's about a 10 minute walk from there and will be on your left. There is a cheaper one down the road from there, but it would be difficult for me to explain how to get there and they don't speak English.

Harry's Pub is fun at night with live music every night I was there. Many locals go to that bar. Executive lounge has free breakfast and appetizers during dinner hours (you can pretty much eat for free if you don't require too much). No free alcohol in the executive lounge.

Overall, hotel was great. I didn't like having to pay US prices for food/drinks or Internet. No free Internet even in the executive lounge. One of the first I've seen and I've stayed at Marriotts worldwide. I did not go in the casino.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank cliffwy
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Conveniently located in Zamalek, the Cairo Marriott is a beautiful palace with several restaurants, a swimming pool, a decent gym and a wonderful garden. Cairo is a crazy city, hot, dirty and noisy. Staying at this hotel gives you a chance to appreciate the city by providing an oasis of quiet in Egyptian chaos, so much that you don't really feel like leaving the hotel. Food is good, at least in the restaurants I tried, staff is extremely friendly and efficient (except during breakfast at Omar's Café, don't know why), rooms are very nice yet noisy. I have to say I was quite shocked to notice how many prostitutes operate in this hotel (and unfortunately, I could hear their performances right next door). I do recommend this hotel, having a mango juice in the garden is a truly wonderful experience and the beauty of the original palace alone (as opposed to the ugly extensions) deserves a trip.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank WanderingProfessor
Reviewed 18 September 2009

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed our stay here. We went during Ramadan, so the grounds were lit up with pretty decorations. The smell of fruit flavored shishas (hookas) was very pleasing and pervasive for most of our stay, throughout the outdoor restaurant and pool areas.The gardens were very well maintained, and the pool was pretty great (large area, both indoor and outdoor swimming, hot tub, clean and nice towels).

There were many dining options and all of them had high-quality, tasty food. The free breakfast buffet at Omar Cafe was massive and had cooked-to-order omelets, smoked meats and cheeses, many types of fruit and yogurts, and even gourmet type non-breakfast food like sushi rolls. The orange juice had soda water in it, which we didn't like. The restaurant Egyptian Nights was fantastic local food (and the source of the shisha smoking, so it smelled nice), and we also had a yummy pizza and salad at the indoor indoor cafe just in the door from Promenade, and tasty quesadillas and a burger at the Promenade Cafe. We didn't try sushi or Italian or the American place, but they all looked nice as well. The price of the food was pretty reasonable, although we avoided the priciest options like the kabobs and meat platters at Egyptian Nights. Tips: Try the spicy cheese, it's awesome! Also, watching the women making fresh bread was interesting.

The room was comfortable and well-maintained. As far as I can tell, there's no reason to get a "nile view" room, since both of the major buildings are situated such that the balcony view includes the nile. Might request an inner room to see the pool and courtyard areas. That was nice to see. Wired internet in the room is an extra fee (about US$15/day).

The location is convenient to several of river boats, and we walked to two of them during our stay. There's also a small grocery store and a larger gas station convenience store within a few blocks (for much cheaper water than the bottles from the mini bar, just walk away from the Nile along the under side the 26th of July bridge, about 3 blocks).

Staff members at the hotel weren't particularly friendly, but th manager was apparently really nice to my girlfriend when we wanted to extend our stay for a few extra hours (since we had late flights).

A few minor complaints: blanket in non-smoking room smelled like cigarettes but was replaced. It's also possible that smoking had been allowed in the room (or someone had just done so), but there was a non-smoking sign outside the door. Also, we could not find seating in pool area on Saturday afternoon even though guests had put towels on seats and left, and we were barked at by a pool attendant when trying to sit in one even though the people weren't anywhere to be found.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple