“Quick lunch visit”

Ranked #23 of 4,208 Restaurants in Cairo
Price range: US$3 - US$6
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Egyptian, Street Food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Here at Zooba, we turn familiar Egyptian street food on its head (and dress it up a little, too). We use only the freshest local produce to create simple, flavorful, gourmet dishes.We don't just use locally-sourced products in our food; we also reclaim local materials and found objects to create an eclectic dining space that pays homage to the creative resourcefulness and colorful spirit of the Egyptian people.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Popped in here with my cousin for a quick bite of lunch. We both ate koshari as I love it.
The service was slow, table was dirty and wobbly, asked for a glass for my water, even though the glass was cleaned in front of me, the cloth he used was filthy, so it was a pointless exercise, as I drank straight from the bottle.
Not particularly friendly staff or efficient. The koshari was half warm and half cold, felt as if they had heated it up in a microwave. I suffered with a bad stomach after my visit.
Such a shame as it has a prime location and it could be a thriving restaurant, but the management clearly needs redirection.

1  Thank Umberdos

Reviewed 6 September 2017

I returned to the Zamalek branch which was full of very elegant Saidi ladies and their kids so could not a find a seat so I took a take away. The food is still sensationally good, fresh and reasonably priced. I had Falafel (Taamiya) of eggplant which was simple unbelievably good. Plus the mandatory Kósheri, a deligious Egyptian street meal one can safely eat here. A great eat and one of the most enjoyable meals in my life. The staff was extremely friendly and introduced me to some new stuff like a red pita bread made of beetroot. Heaven.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

A great place to have Egyptian cuisine, with quality and clean offerings above the great food taste, very simple setting areas you feel warm having your food in the place.
Due to its small area you might have to wait to be seated, but the food is worth waiting for.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Visit to Zooba Restaurant will allow you to select different varieties of oriental dishes with special new taste and quality of same dishes from other shops.

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

The place is cozy and clean. You just feel a mix between an old oriental and a new modernized restaurant.
The food is tasty and the have a long dinning table where everybody can sit enjoy his meal beside others
The atmosphere is v nice
I tried koshari as a main course and qonbella as a dessert. Excellent choice!