“Good hotel, Great Taxi services from Farid” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aracan Pyramids Hotel
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Giza
Sunnyvale, California
“Good hotel, Great Taxi services from Farid”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed in the hotel very briefly only for two nights, that too in two instalments. Overall, I liked the hotel, and the fact that I was able to see the pyramids from my hotel room. It was not very expensive, and at the same time, the facilities were about right for the price. The hotel was probably not the best, but quite comfortable for some greedy-sight-seeing-person for me, since I would spend most of my time outdoors rather than staying in the hotel. If you want to stay in the hotel, and enjoy the cozy amenities and atmosphere instead of venturing out into the desert and heart of Egypt, there may be better hotels, but Horizon pyramids addressed my needs to perfection! The hotel staff where all very friendly, and all of them (in particular, Abdul Hameed) helped us a lot during our stay there!

During our second stay, we decided to take the hotel taxi services to go on a quick sight seeing of Cairo, and then take the dinner cruise on Nile. Though the taxi services was may be overpriced by 10 - 15%, I would say that our taxi driver Mohammad Farid more than made up for it. He was not only our driver but also our guide and went on to become a good friend during the two days we spent with him. He always would take into interest the wishes of the tourists. For example, I and my wife would not have had lunch; we would not prefer proper restaurants since that may dock time off sight-seeing and hence, Farid would take us to the right place where we can find good food in quick time. He simply did whatever we asked for. He would give us as much time as we wanted to spend in each of the monuments, and at the same time, he was capable of making up for that extra time while driving. For example, we had our flight at 10 PM in the night, and I was extremely greedy to watch the sound and light show from 7 - 8 PM, before we could take the flight. Farid managed the time so well that we were at the aiport well in advance of the flight. If you are taking the hotel taxi at Horizon pyramids hotel, ask for Farid and you would love the experience!

If trip advisor allowed me to, I would assign 4 stars for the hotel, and 5 stars for Farid :-)

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Arabic first
San Diego Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

First off the hotel was very aesthetically pleasing and the food was great. Overall, our stay at this hotel very much exceeded our expectations. Something that set it apart was the onsite transportation. There was no worries about finding a trustworthy taxi driver out in the street. That can also show to be dangerous. We received superb service from our taxi driver Peter. He was extremely courteous and helpful. Peter was always on time and knew where the best places to travel to and where to eat. It was a blessing that he was also a tour guide so he always had new information about the various locations we were visiting. If you are considering a trip to Egypt this hotel should be in your considerations. But I urge you to request Peter as your taxi driver. I'd also like to add that he was very handsome :). I hope this helps.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoffrey O
Cairo, Egypt
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

The hotel we were set up in was horrible - Horizons Pyramid Hotel. First, we had to wait 30 minutes to even check into our room. Then the shower would suddenly shift from warm to very hot and to very cold. It was miserable trying to take a shower, and the hotel maintenance never truly fixed the problem. Then the nearby mosque had a call to prayer each morning at 5:30 that was so loud it shook our windows. We requested a room on the other side of the building, but the hotel would not fulfill our request. Finally, the breakfast was terrible...one day everything was cold, and the other days the options just didn't taste good at all. I will absolutely avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 2012worldtraveller

Travellers are raving about these Giza hotels

San Sebastian - Donostia, Spain
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

I have the disgrace to book through Expedia four nights in this hotel, and if this hotel is 4-Stars, I am king Faisal. It is a terrible hotel in the middle of nowhere, walking you would see nothing of Egypt but a slump, and is 20 minutes in car from the pyramids. The pyramids be the only thing you would not see in the horizon. It has no character whatsoever and, I do not know what they base the rating, since in Cairo, there are hotels rated lower with far more quality than this... The more I travel, the more I am amazed the things they call hotels these days.

Room Tip: make sure double bed do not mean two singles side by side together.