Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews nubian museum highest hill pool area abu simbel nice pool call to prayer unfinished obelisk old cataract star hotel nile view elephantine island egypt tour terrace relation desert laundry
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

The hotel is amazing ,i stayed with my family for four nights and it was perfect ,great staff, very clean place, excellent services, I highly recommend this place, special thanks to everyone on the staff...

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

We went there for a holiday as a family the hotel was great and hospitality was superb. Great food and very clean. We had a great time. The location is very good, very close to the cataract hotel which is a must see. Great prices as well

Trip type: Travelled with family
Basma Hotel Aswan, Sales at Basma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2021

Dear valued yrizkalla,

warm good morning from Basma Hotel Aswan.
We would like to thank you for the lovely review you shared following your recent visit to our Basma Hotel Aswan and we are delighted to read that we were able to match your holiday expectations.
We are thrilled that you have enjoyed your visit and our staff plays a key role in our guests. The entire team works very hard to ensure that we deliver a high standard of service and warm memories.

Once more we thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards.

Febronia Fady.
Guest Relations.

Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

This hotel is a lovely building with wonderful character. Rooms are well laid out and very clean, you can sit on the balcony and enjoy the perfect views. Breakfast is delicious and plentiful. All of the staff from Mr. George,(manager),sally(front reception) and Fabronia (guest relations) are there to be very helpful and give you the best advice fort your trips, restaurants and entertainment . They just want you to have wonderful experiences and memories. Excellent swimming pool, I highly recommend this establishment for the quality and very fair pricing.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Jet544504

Dear valued Jet544504,
Good morning From Basma Hotel Aswan.
Thank you for spending your time sharing this amazing comment with us.
It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at Basma hotel Aswan was an enjoyable one.

we are looking forward to welcoming you again and again with honor.

best regards.

Febronia Fady
Guest Relations

Reviewed 20 January 2021

We got off a cruise ship, went to Abu Simbal and were dropped off at the hotel around 1. We were able to check in early, have lunch at the hotel restaurant and immediately go to the Nubian Museum, and the 2-3 hours was perfect for the museum (which was a 5 minute walk down the hill).

The restaurant was good, basic selection of Egyptian food, and importantly, they were fast.

In the evening, my daughter tried the pool but decided it was too cold (it was Dec 30, 2020) so they went to the room and I played on my phone while enjoying the view from the restaurant area. You do get a good view of the river and the desert on the other side.

In the morning, we had the hotel breakfast (which had a decent selection of hot and cold options). Then I packed while my wife took a Careem (like Uber) to the shopping area near where the cruise ships dock. We considered going to the Nubian Village before our 3 pm flight, but decided to take it easy.

The room itself was fine, although the beds were small. We never got a 3rd bed (roll out or otherwise) for our daughter and she had to share with my wife. I found the door handles to be unusual and difficult to close, but the hotel was nearly empty anyway so we were not worried. It uses an old fashioned key.

I found this to be the case in every hotel that I stayed in in Egypt, including the Jaz Aquamarine, Ramses Hilton and the Stienburger: The shower don't have closable doors, just half walls. If you are not careful (and I mean really really careful) you are going to get the bathroom floor wet, which means getting your socks wet when you go to the bathroom late at night. Not a serious problem, and not unique to this hotel, just be aware.

Nothing went wrong, so I have nothing bad to report. Decent view, average room, no problems to speak of. If I were to stay in Aswan again, I'd probably stay closer to the cruise ship port, I hear that the Aswan museum is great, and I think that the Movenpik tower looks like it has a better view.

Room tip: You might get a good video if you face the pool. Otherwise there isn't much difference.
Date of stay: December 2020
3  Thank fsu23phd
Elagia George, General Manager at Basma Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2021

our dearest guest,
shinny morning from Basma Hotel Aswan.
Thank you for making our Basma Hotel Aswan your choice hotel on this occasion and for your very kind recommendation to the travel community of TripAdvisor, this positive feedback keeps us motivated to encounter the compliance of our demanding quality standards. Looking forward to welcoming you again and again.

Best regards

Febronia Fady
Guest Relations.

Reviewed 20 May 2020

On arrival a man named Georges welcomes you generously with a "you are at home" .... but quickly you understand that you made the wrong choice. The staff is led by a man named NADER, the director. A man who does not know that his swimming pool is disgusting and that filtration does not work (3 pumps out of 4), that the surroundings of the swimming pool are full of cigarette butts and other detritus, that sinks and bathtubs do not 'have more plugs, than the beds are uncomfortable (cross mattress for a double bed that the air conditioning in your room does not work and everything else. This NADER must be put at the door. the hotel is poorly maintained, the elevator breaks down twice in the week .... a shame ... the Basma is a place to avoid. Management is poor and incapable. a man called "Christine" is trying to do ... we do not know what to improve things but in reality does nothing for fear of the big manitou .... mister NADER. We wonder what he is doing at this position. The restaurant is a shame, the service is triple zero, evrything is old, not working.....a shame. I travel in Egypt since 2001....I made around 38000km inti the western desert to discover art rocks. I love Egypt for years. 28 trips.....but with the Basma with reach the summit of the bad Egypt.

Room tip: NEVER book the Basma in Aswan. NEVER USE THE SERVICE OF EBOOKERS.COM a cery bad company. See my comments on Ebookers
Date of stay: October 2019