“A little touch of Japanese in Nairobi”
Review of Misono

Misono
Ranked #29 of 742 Restaurants in Nairobi
Price range: US$25 - US$40
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Had a great dinner here watching the chef prepare your food even made it extra special. Things to try the Wasabi and Sake especially the Sake..hahahahah. Definitely going back..........

Reviewed 27 July 2018

I went for lunch. There were maybe 3 other tables occupied. I ordered gyoza as a starter...it came after my main meal. The gyoza was sadly the highlight. Nicely stuffed and fried (crispy on the edges and soft in the middle).
I ordered the Ebi Maki (prawn tempura maki roll). It was...eh. Everything about it was just underwhelming, nothing to rave about. My tummy was filled. *shrug*
Pricing was equivalent to Sushi Soo for the more complex rolls but the quality is not.
Will not go back.

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Great Japanese restaurant. All dishes were very well prepared in a very good Japanese style. Only issue was the food smell inside the restaurant

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

Visited Misono recently as I was treating my partner for his birthday dinner. The staff were a bit disorganized when it came to getting us a table considering I had made a reservation prior.

Service was quick and efficient.
They gave us a yummy salad and some soup to begin with, then we had tempura prawns for starters. These were crispy and delicious! And the portion was sufficient. For the mains we opted for a sushi platter which was fresh and tasty as we had expected.

Food and drinks are reasonably priced. The ambiance is fantastic. Staff are friendly and the food is great. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The Japanese food served is excellent though service can be slow at peak times. Avo tuna salad and tempura prawns is a must try. The sake is decent

Been to Misono? Share your experiences!