“"Great hotel, the rooms not so much"”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #31 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed in this hotel for 3 days which were an absolute bliss...we loved the hotel as we came in, the lounge was lovely and great for relaxing but I was quite disappointed when we got to the rooms as they looked tired and and outdated. They have the coffee making facilities which was ok and there was refreshments in the fridge ie, beers, soft drinks etc but which have to be paid for. The service was superb and the food was fantastic. The staff there are warm, polite and very helpful and the hotel is well placed to access Nairobi with ease. There's a Teriyaki restaurant on the other side of the road which serves great Japanese meals.

Room Tip: Vast view of Nairobi
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you for your response.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and appreciate your excellent review. We thank you for applauding our team members for their great hospitality and customer care, which are really attributes that we try to maintain in our hotel. We are also happy to read that you found our in-room facilities and lounge to your liking. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Further, we note your observation regarding the condition of the rooms; I regret the dissapointment and I am pleased to advise you that, the construction of a new property is underway and upon completion, it will completely enrich our guest experience. Meanwhile, continuous maintenance works and upgrades are being carried out in order to guarantee that our accommodation is up to standard and all life, fire and health regulations are fully compliant with local and international regulations.

We take great pride in offering our guests inspiring stays and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi soon.

Yours sincerely,
MARTIN VOSKAMP - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,298)

Reviewed 14 September 2017

For a crazy city its a small piece of tranquility! Staff were very helpful and James the Hotel Transfer was really chatty which was nice. Has to extend my room a little because of traffic and the staff were very understanding and allowed me a little extra with no complaints. On booking they were very helpful on email to arrange early check in and Hotel transfers from the airport!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience about your stay at Hilton Nairobi. We are grateful of your compliments about our team members for their great hospitality and very responsive, with a special mention of our team driver James, for his candid chat as he drove you to the airport. I have gladly shared your feedback with the team and Management. We are also happy to see that you enjoyed the tranquillity and calm atmosphere within the facility. Believe me, it is comments and ratings such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

Truly, we appreciate your patronage and we looking forward to welcoming you back again as a guest in the near future

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Transportation to Hotel : One way $25 Hilton Suttle Van
I stayed this hotel for two night in total, there were 3 days between the stay for Safari. My driver from Hilton was so nice, very gentle with great hospitality, his name is Jim?, even there was traffic in Nairobi, I was very relaxing with his drive and conversation. The gentle man in reception was also very nice, he immediately identified my reservation, and gave me room key very quickly. The exective lounge of this hotel is not that big, maybe 4 or 5 table and 2 big sofas, but the Concierge made cappuccino for me, which was very nice. I enjoyed their foods and drinks very much. Many Many Thanks!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings and thank you for your response.

We are glad to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and appreciate your excellent review. Thank you for applauding our team members great hospitality and customer care, at the reception and concierge; A special mention of James for his candid conversation and relaxing ride to the Hotel. We are also happy to see that the facilities were to your liking.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Enjoyed the stay at Hilton. Great service and great food. Quality is extremely good. The room was a bit outdated and needs a good revamp. But no regrets since the service and quality food made up for it! Will definitely re-visit during the next stay in Nairobi!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience about your stay with us at Hilton Nairobi. We are truly happy to note that you were satisfied with your overall experience and sincerely appreciate the nice compliments you make about our great hospitality and customer service. As well, it is nice to see that the food quality is to your liking. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

We, however regret to note your observation that our hotel urgently needs a good revamp. I am pleased to advise you that, the construction of a new property is underway and upon completion, it will completely enrich our guests’ experience. Meanwhile, continuous maintenance works and upgrades are being carried out in order to guarantee that our accommodation is up to standard and all life, fire and health regulations are fully compliant with local and international regulations. We do appreciate your constructive feedback and this will go a long way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

I am proud to say that my Team always take great pride in ensuring that our guests have the best of their travel experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the near future.

Reviewed 10 September 2017

People of Hilton Nairobi are warm and welcoming, and of course very helpful. It is relaxing staying in the hotel. Hotel itself is slightly dated but everything works. Bed is comfortable. Room quiet. Executive lounge is a very nice place to unwind in the evening.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest.

Thank you for staying with us again, we appreciate your loyalty and your continued trust in our hotel. I am indeed very happy to hear that our team members are warm and very hospitable, this is really one of the things that we try to maintain in our hotel. As well, the comfort of bed, serenity of the room and Executive lounge were outstanding. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts, at Hilton Nairobi, truly worthwhile.

We also note your observation with regards to the physical state of our hotel. I am pleased to inform you that, the construction of a new property is underway and upon completion, it will completely enrich our guest experience.

Our esteemed guest, we truly appreciate your patronage and continued relationship with Hilton Nairobi. I assure you that my team endeavours to offer the best experience of our guest travel and we look forward to welcome you back for many more returns.

Best regards,