“Rooms need a little TLC; very kind staff”
Review of Hilton Nairobi

Hilton Nairobi
Ranked #29 of 169 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed 3 nights recently before traveling on further into Kenya. Multiple front desk staff were exceedingly courteous. Davis, in particular, gave a room upgrade that I didn't request but he kindly offered at check-in when he discovered we had traveled 27 hours. Our room seemed to be aging and/or a little dirty: cracks in tile, dirt in grout, cobwebs around curtains. Also, we were informed the Hilton doesn't offer "heat" - which may mean nothing to some, but it was the shoulder season when we traveled and the evening was chilly. On the plus side, the bed was comfortable, the linens were clean and staff continually restocked our bottled water generously. On our last night we returned from dinner to find a tray of "small sweets and juice" left for us as a "thank you". It was a very nice gesture that we appreciated.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your candid review of your recent stay at Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Again, we appreciate your applauding of our team members great hospitality, with a special mention of Davis for his quick gesture; As well, we note that you enjoyed the comfort the room. However, we regret to read your observation that the room cleanliness did not meet your expectation. Please accept my sincere apology and I can assure you, this is not our standard. I have shared your comment with our executive housekeeper to review our housekeeping procedures and put corrective measures in place. Thank you for the feedback, as this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

As of the room heating, we regret to note that being a cold season, you felt cold at night. I wish to advice you that our housekeeping happily supplies small heaters, or an extra blanket on request. In your future visits, please call our guest service centre (EXT. 00) for assistance

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi and any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
MARTIN VOSKAMP - General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,312)

Reviewed 17 October 2017

The best location in the heart of Nairobi City, for all your meeting facilities and services you never go wrong in Hilton Nairobi, Thanks for your warm welcome & Hospitality. Special thanks to all the team you really went extra mile to ensure our stay and meetings are organized from day one, reservations, airport transfers, arrival, rooms, restaurant, departure time all was well taken care, not forgetting the smiles on your faces made us feel home while away from home.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience about your stay with us at Hilton Nairobi. We are truly happy to read that you were satisfied with your overall experience. We are glad to note the nice compliments you make about our great hospitality, customer service, excellent organization and co-ordination, which made your event a great success. As well the location was to your liking. Believe me, it is comments such as yours that make all efforts truly worthwhile.

I am proud to say that my team always take great pride in ensuring that our guests have the best of their travel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Nairobi in the near future.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Why say anything. It’s not worthy of the Hilton brand name. It’s downtown and walking around at night is not advisable. But the hotel is in a deplorable state and needed a tear down many years ago. But it probably still makes money and that means it remains operational till the last drop. Better go elsewhere.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark B

Dear Guest,

It has been a pleasure hosting you at the Hilton Nairobi. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to fully meet your expectation during your recent stay, as you have indicated in this critical review. Sincerely, we regret your dissatisfaction with the overall experience and assure you that we strive to deliver exceptional service to all our guests, but in your case, we missed the opportunity. We however, appreciate your valuable feedback and this will go along way to improve our standards and service delivery to our guests.

We note and agree with your comment that our property is dated, but I am pleased to inform you that the hotel team works proactively and consistently to keep our property in shape. Continuous maintenance works and upgrades are being carried out in order to guarantee that our accommodation is up to standard and all life, fire and health regulations are fully compliant with local and international regulations.

I am also delighted to advise you that the construction of the new Hilton property is underway. Upon completion, it will completely enrich our guest experience.

Our esteemed guest, I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I found the hotel to be an average hotel, the room had old and broken furnitures, house keeping was not very efficient, the Internet was very slow and interniment at times. I did not feel that I was staying at the “Hilton”!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

In behalf of our entire Hilton Nairobi team, we would like to extend you a warm greetings. It is truly a pleasure to serve you. We greatly appreciate any comments made by our guests and constantly strive to achieve the highest quality standards.

Based on your comment, it seems we have not been able to fully meet your expectation with the overall outlook of the Hotel and the housekeeping. Please accept my sincere apology for this unpleasant experience. However, I am pleased to advise you that, the construction of a new property is underway, and upon completion, it will completely enrich our guest experience. Meanwhile, continuous maintenance works and upgrades are being carried out in order to guarantee that our accommodation is up to standard and all life, fire and health regulations are fully compliant with local and international regulations.
With regards of the housekeeing, I have also shared your feedback with our executive housekeeper for corrective actions. Thank you for bringing this to ur attention.

About the intermittent internet, I am sorry for the inconvenience experienced. This was not a common problem within the period of your stay, but I can assure you that our IT team members are investigating the system of any malfunctions to ensure the problem is been resolved.

Regretfully, we note your dissatisfaction only after your departure, as we would have liked to ‘make it right’. We constantly work on improving our standards and service delivery and your feedback will be used to improve our guest experience.

I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi or at any of our Hilton Family of Hotels worldwide and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I had to change my room because I woke up with bug bites on my leg. Staff moved me to another room and floor which was old and smelly and had the quality of a very cheap motel. I woke up the following morning in the other room with a bug on my bed. Hilton needs to refurbish this place from top to bottom - no fault of the staff - just an old, worn building in dire need of 21st century complete remake! I can't believe they operate this under the Hilton brand.

Room Tip: Bring buy spray!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
martin v, General Manager at Hilton Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for coming back to us with your review about your stay at the Hilton Nairobi.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to meet your expectation during your recent stay, in reference the your detailed review, and I sincerely regret the dissatisfaction with your overall experience. We strive to deliver exceptional service to all our guests but in your case, we missed the opportunity.

We, are however not able to identify you through this channel to investigate some of the issues mentioned. I kindly request you to write to us directly and furnish us with details of your reservation to enable us investigate and give you proper feedback, and as well undertake corrective actions.

We truly value your feedback and I do hope to have another opportunity of welcoming you back to Hilton Nairobi and re-establish your faith in our hotel.

We look forward to hear from you soon.

Kind regards,