All reviews plunge pool outdoor shower talek river rivers meet lit candles chef simon claw foot bathtub free standing bathtub ultimate luxury piece of land luxury tents wifi worked well food is excellent hippos and crocodiles our waiter bush shower absolute highlight
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

My Mom (69) and I (37) did a 10 night private luxury safari, that included nights in Nairobi (Kempinski), Borana Conservancy (Borana Lodge), Masai Mara National Reserve (Mara Ngenche) and Mara North Conservancy (Karen Blixen Camp). It was my 2nd time doing a safari in Kenya, but my 8th time doing a luxury safari vacation.

I work in luxury hotels in Asia, so I have high standards for my travel.

For someone who may only do a safari trip once-in-a-lifetime, I would definitely recommend Kenya as the place to go. With ample game viewing and MANY competitive options for lodging (& experience in general), it really will live up to & exceed all expectations.

On arrival in Kenya, my mother got sick with severe vertigo, and every camp/ lodge/ hotel we stayed was very kind, helpful and accommodating while she slowly recovered.

MARA NGENCHE
This camp is private and luxurious, nestled between the Talek & Mara Rivers. We were in tent 9 (of only 10 I think), on the Talek River. Fewer tents/ guests ensure a true nature experience.

The staff were all lovely & I wish I could remember everyone’s names! But my mother was particularly fond of Dickson and James.

It was amazing to be able to leave for a game drive and be right in the middle of the Masai Mara. Game viewing was great and the tents were beautiful, with four poster beds with mosquito nets and a beautiful bathtub!

We also met the chef, and the food was prepared and presented with pride.

I would definitely stay again if/when I return to this area.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
judebaraza, Operations Manager at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Thank you for your wonderful review of our camp. It was our pleasure hosting you and we are happy that your stay with us was enjoyable. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

After a very warm welcome from staff we were escorted to our luxurious tents, very private, very spacious & beautifully furnished. The camp is very small and intimate hidden away deep down a track among trees & bushes, flanked by the Talek and Mara Rivers teaming with Crocodiles & Hippos. All the staff were wonderfully attentive and the food delicious. By our second day we had seen everything including Rhino & Leopard (known as Siri locally) so we couldn't have asked for more from our guide Joseph. My only negative comment would be we thought our vehicle had seen better days and was not particularly comfortable, but this did not detract from the special time we spent there.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful review of our camp. It was our pleasure hosting you and we are happy that your stay with us was enjoyable. We have noted your comment on our vehicle and will be addressing the matter. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We were greeted by the staff and shown to our tent which took our breath away! Beautifully appointed, wonderful bath tub and outdoor shower. Turn down service each night. It was perfect for someone who is not an avid camper. Safari experience was exceptional. We would get up early (530 am), have a quick cup of coffee and a cookie in the tent and then head out to the Savannah. We would stop mid morning somewhere by a river and have a hot breakfast while watching the hippos play. It was spectacular. I would highly recommend this camp to anyone who wants to be pampered while still experiencing the wonders of Kenya.

Room Tip: Each tent is spacious and relaxing. Plenty of sitting area, veranda space and plunge pool.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nora L

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review of our camp and thank you for choosing to stay with us It was our pleasure hosting you and we are happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I love camps that are in the actual middle of parks like this one is. Mara Ngenche is in the heart of the Mara and right outside your door is the chance to see anything that lives in the Mara. The camp is a great bush camp and really does a great job of giving you that Hemingway'esqu feel while being among the wildlife of Kenya. Wildlife sightings are close and plentiful and the accommodations are really nice. The outdoor showers are super cool and the addition of a hammock is a nice touch for relaxing in the afternoon shade...

Stayed: February 2018
judebaraza, Operations Manager at Mara Ngenche Safari Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for your review of our camp. We are happy that your stay at our camp was enjoyable and we are glad you chose to stay with us. It was our pleasure hosting you and it is our wish that you will visit us again tin the near future.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Beautiful place for a 2 days safari. Awesome for couples. Very professional service and welcoming. Everything was very clean, service superior. One little critic is about the slowness of the cuisine/chef.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of our camp. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have noted your comment on the speed of our chef and have taken appropriate steps to address the matter. It was our pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.