Mara River Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$393
US$363
  • Breakfast included
Mara Chui Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$216
Governor's Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$948
US$867
  • Restaurant
Keekorok Lodge-Sun Africa Hotels(Masai Mara National Reserve)(Great Value!)
US$389
US$323
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Entumoto Safari Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$810
Ashnil Mara Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$475
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ngerende Island Lodge(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$467
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Losokwan Camp Maasai Mara(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$832
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Elephant Pepper Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
US$1,044
  • Restaurant
Enchoro Wildlife Camp(Masai Mara National Reserve)
Hotels.com
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsbase campeagle viewmasai maratalek riverdomestic airportlocal womengame drivesgreat safarinational parkamazing experiencewalking safarilocal communityoutdoor showeranimal noisesmain campthree nightstented lodge
Reviewed 14 February 2015

I have never experienced anything like this before, and after traveling to quite a few places, this is one of the most amazing places I have ever been to! The atmosphere at the camp is just unique; the friendly masais taking care of you, monkeys running around, and also being able to enjoy the delicious food outside with animal sounds in the background.
We had some great gamedrives during our stay, where the guides took us to see everything we wanted to see + more! My stay at Basecamp couldn't have been any better, all my expectations were fulfilled and pleased even more than i have thought was possible. Basecamp truly knows how to take care of their guests, which made the service, hospitality and the environment on the camp incredible.
Thank you for making my stay amazing, this is something I will remember for the rest of my life!

• Stayed: February 2015
2  Thank Theamm91
Reviewed 11 February 2015

If there was any way I could describe the feeling of being in, and the athmosphere of Masai Mara I would. We got some amazing safaris with the best guides we could ever have wished for. Were incredible lucky and saw all the big five and got to enjoy the unique wildlife otherwise. The service was excellent and we felt so welcome. The feeling of sitting at the camp also with the sounds of wildlife everywhere and still being able to feel totally safe with masai's, so full of knowledge guarding us, was amazing. When I was told there were no way to know how it felt to be there without experiencing it for yourself, I didn't believe it, now I know. I wish for everyone to able to see it all for yourself. Even just the first two days would still be worth the long travel from Norway. The food was delicious and the people and the surroundings was nothing other than perfect. Thank you so much for everything! I will return as soon as I get the chance.

Reviewed 11 February 2015

Basecamp Masai Mara is something I'm going to remember for the rest of my life. Everything was perfect, me and fellow students saw all the animals we could wish for to see in Africa. The guides are so nice, and they have an answer to all questions! Basecamp is something I'm going to recommend to all my friends and family, because it's so amazing!

1  Thank Martha K
Reviewed 10 February 2015

This camp, and its atmosphere, is one of a kind. It is hard to start explaining how amazing the stay at this camp was - you need to go experience it for your self. Not only do you feel really safe and taken care of by the masais, hosts and the staff you are also served delicious food, taken on unforgettable gamedrives and getting the opportunity to see all kind of exotic animals. This is absolutely a place worth visiting. Thank you Basecamp Masai Mara for giving me the most unique memories that I will appreciate and remember for the rest of my life. (we'll meet again!)

1  Thank Silje H
Reviewed 9 February 2015

We booked 4 nights/5 days with Basecamp Explorer, staying at 3 different camps, starting at Basecamp Masai Mara where we spent 1 night.
We were picked up at the Olkiombo airstrip by our guide, who after a paying our park fees drove us to the camp. En route we say quite an array of animals, including a small elephant herd, giraffes, various antelope types, wart hogs, etc.
We drove to the camp via Talek village. I recommend that you ask your guide/driver to drive through the National Park instead, so that you enter the camp via the footbridge from the park, which is a prettier experience, as we found out when we went on our game drives.

We had 2 game drives in the park, one in the afternoon and one next morning. Our excellent guide pointed out animals, birds, trees, etc while driving safely at the same time. Very impressive! We saw two different cheetahs, one with 3 cubs! No lions this time, but we got lots of them at the next camps (see separate reviews).

Lunch, dinner and breakfast were all very good. Tasty food, decent portion sizes, but not extravagant. The staff was very friendly and courteous, from the reception people, cooks and waiters, to the shop assistant.

We had a great room/tent. It was number 16, by the river bank, looking right into the river. Due to the season we didn´t see any animals there, but what you see depends on when you go. Our room is also known as the "Obama room", where Barrack Obama and his family stayed when they were there. Try to get tents by the river if you can. We had brought extra mosquito nets "just in case", but there was no need for them.

We took part in the presentation of their community work which was more enlightening than I had anticipated. Great to see that the Masai women get to keep the money they earn! I wish there had been even more information on the projects that Basecamp has supported. Our guide said that their presence is very important to the community. $80 of the daily rate is the fee to visit the national park.

Wifi was only available in the reception.

All in all a very good start to our safari week!

Room Tip: Ask for a "tent" by the river (about half of them are by the river).
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple