New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$189
US$79
Priceline
Dongsi Hotel(Beijing)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
All reviewstravel departmentbeautiful hotelportuguese restaurantbaroque styleservice ambassadorforbidden citymolly maloneswalking distancejunior suitestar hoteltwo double bedswangfujing streetrooms are hugelight switchesroom servicebreakfast and dinnerwestern choices
Reviewed 16 May 2018

Honestly I would have liked to have escaped the smell of feces that was pretty dominant everywhere I went, but the hotel room was also suffused with it from day one (everywhere). They could change the experience 200% if they just worked out how to handle their air conditioning to remove the feces stench that pervades the area.

I had a hard time getting past that during my stay.

The place is fairly nice, seems like they spent a lot on a grand entry and the suites were not bad, but some of it was like lipstick on a pig. Not horribly so. Just you see a lot of gold trim and then if you know finishes, you see some "fit and finishes" sloppiness that makes you wonder how many people notice.

It's definitely not a bad place if you want a "western" feel to your hotel.

The personnel, with one exception, were cold and civil and not really more than that, I was a little disappointed in that. Well, also the door man was nice.

There is a minimum of functional English spoken, which was helpful, but you aren't going to get too far (there is one guy there who speaks it fluently who we met).

Apparently if you are not Chinese, there can be some problem getting a taxi even though you are a guest. We were unable to get one to agree to help us (no, we were not mean or rude, we were super friendly, we always are when we travel).

Room Tip: Connecting suites are available which can result in basically having a nice apartment to live in while in Beijing.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed 15 May 2018

We stayed in the Legendale for 2 nights—and would love to return to Beijing, in part to stay there again. The rooms are beautifully set out. The service was outstanding.
The gym and pool are better than any we have ever been to—25 m of beautifully mosaiced pool. Breakfast was busy but very good.
Great location for walking to great sites.

Room Tip: The hotel is very quiet. Anything above the 2nd level would be even quieter
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 707CJB
LegendaleHotel, Service Ambassador at Legendale Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear 707CJB,

Thank you for completing a positive comment on TheTripadvisor community.

We are proud to hear that the service provided to you was outstanding and that you enjoyed hotel facilities and breakfast buffet.

We sincerely appreciate you took the time to give us your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

room was fantastic

Amazing pool area

Great gym

Good location

Breakfast not 5* quality

Stunning building

Not the cheapest place to stay

Internet was fine

Never tried the restaurants so cannot comment

Room was very clean

I would recommend if you are not on a budget as its not cheap

Can't give it 5* because breakfast not up to scratch.

Love the fact there is Capet throughout the rooms

I would stay again for sure

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank Latbeast

Dear Latbeast,

Thank you for your recent stay at the Legendale Hotel.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the comfort and facilities of the Hotel.

We appreciate your time in sharing this review and look forwards to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2018

I travel to China quite frequently, yet my family does not. So when they met me in Beijing for the holiday weekend, I wanted to stay at the most comfortable hotel that would meet all of their needs. My husband and 8 year old daughter arrived before me, and they had some issues with the booking upon check in (credit card guarantee), but the staff were great and sorted it promptly. They treated our daughter like a princess, delivering cookies and notes twice over the 4 day long stay. We had a club level room, and when I arrived after the 2nd night, we booked an (expensive) extra bed for 500RMB. One would think that extra pillows would be included with the extra bed, and when I requested an extra pillow, they brought up a burlap sack/heavy sack of potatoes type of pillow. When I asked for a replacement, they sorted another. The breakfasts were great, yet unfortunately we weren't able to experience the hotel restaurants because they were closed for the holiday. All in all, it's a beautiful hotel, staff speak excellent English, and the service is great. We'd stay again!

Room Tip: Club level rooms
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank MichelleWonderland

Dear MichelleWonderland,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us!

Thank you so much for sharing this positive review.

We appreciate your compliments about the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Our group of 8 arrived post cruise at end of April for 3 nights. What an absolutely gorgeous hotel inside and out. Just walking in the front door, you feel like you are walking into a palace with staircases on both sides. It takes 15 minutes just to take in the enormous lobby area. We each had King rooms, and they were beautiful, large, and what comfortable beds. We all commented how well we slept. Another nice feature is the charging station for the phones & cameras on the desk. I never had to use my power converter there. Just an incredible location, with shopping and restaurants all around. We walked around the shopping areas, and felt very comfortable doing so. Just be mindful of the traffic, and cross at the lights. The service was very good, from the time we checked in, everyone spoke English,and so very polite. We could hot have been happier with the hotel, our rooms and the entire staff. I would highly recommend this hotel anyone visiting Beijing, and would stay there again, if I ever have the opportunity to visit again. Wonderful stay, thanks to all.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank rguth2930
LegendaleHotel, Service Ambassor Team at Legendale Hotel Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Rguth2930,

We are happy to hear that you all had an overall positive experience and thank you for your compliments about our rooms comforts and facilities.
We appreciate your time in sharing this comment and look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards,