All reviewsbottled waterroom was clean and comfortablerestaurants and barslaundryhutonghostelslippers
Reviewed 8 January 2017

Nice hostel with big clean rooms and great facilities. We had a lovely time there and would definitely recommend this as a very convenient and value for money guesthouse in the traditional part of Beijing.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2016

stayed here for 3 nights. Good location, large room, good and ancient style furniture, room is fairly clean. I like the bed. the yard can be better. The yard's gate is not the style I expected, and is not the normal courtyard gate, too small. staff is friendly

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

We did stay here 3 nights and that was long enough. The place of the hotel was really good. But the staff was really not Nice. The room was big but dirty. For that we would not stay here again. To much money for your falue.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

You can clearly see that this is one place that I will not recommend to friends.

I arrived with an Expedia booking paper in my hand but the hotel staff cannot find the booking. With a 'there's nothing else I can do' look, he offered his last room at the same price that I booked with Expedia for 2 nights. I will have to find my own accommodation for the 3rd night. The unhelpful young man could only remarked that there are a number of hotels around the area offering similar prices. Well... You could also say that I am fortunate that I had at least 2 nights to mull over. What if he had no room left?

But I was expecting the service staff to make some recommendations or even make some calls and confirm their availability for my 3rd night. So, there was little in the way of recovery on his part; from my perspective. His inability to connect with Expedia had become my problem now. Perhaps this was too shocking to me that I am left to my own devices to find alternate arrangements.

Worse were to come. I do not have a good night sleep for the two nights that I were there. I was itching all over the neck and ear areas. It could be mites or whatever.

And the toilet smells. There was even a sign that stated that one was not to throw toilet paper into the toilet or it will be choked. I tried the first day and indeed the toilet was nearly choked. Clearly this hotel has a sewage system that may not be built for the modern era. In the end, I had to refrain from throwing more toilet paper into the toilet on the 2nd day and perhaps adding my contribution to the foul toilet smell or worse else a flooded toilet. Urgh!

No prices for guessing what state I was in when I had to leave by the second night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 June 2016

This hostel sits in a very good location in Beijing considering proximity to the Hutongs, Drum Tower and metro connection. The hostel owner is very friendly and helpful and speaks good English. The room was clean and tidy, but had some torn wallpaper and such minor things. A nice little courtyard has two table to relax at and a beer is 5 yen which came in handy after a long days walk in the city. The great wall tour they offer to book you on is also good fun :)

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple