US$189
Official Website
  • Pool
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$141
US$78
US$108
US$181
Dongsi Hotel(Beijing)(Great Value!)
All reviewstraditional stylebooking sitesmall alleysubway lineauthentic experiencechinese hotelsbus stopstayed here for nightsthe hotel staffandingmenhutongtaxichinaaddresswesterners
Reviewed 13 April 2015 via mobile

Stayed 6 days here and 2 at Holiday Inn temple of heaven.

Pro:
- in the hutong area, I met nice locals who are less busy than other districts.
- convenience with many stores around. You may rent an old dirty bike at a bike repair shop. Make the receptionist write it for you in Chinese if you can't. 50 yuan for 6 days.
- biking is super convenient around the hutong. I rode from the hotel to Sanlitun and back and other hutong neighborhood. Drive along with locals. I can breeze through from the hotel to the subway station.
- more local feel. I stayed at a fancier hotel but the area is more commercial so people are too busy to chat with me.

Cons:
- not clean. I had to clean the floors myself. The place reminds me of a glittery Christmas tree with dusts and cobwebs on close inspection.

Direction:
- when you get out of the Andingmen subway station . Look for the small river. There's only one so you won't miss it. Face that river and to your back is your destination. Now you're facing opposite the river, observe the locals as they cross the bridge overlooking the highway traffic. Cross the same way and and observe the tiny park onto your right side where people can sit and hang out ( like in the photos). Walk along the promenade and on be on the look-out for the red flashing sign of the hotel. It's also on a long busy street so it's hard not to miss it. Follow the lights unto the small narrow way and it's there.

Overall, I love this area. This less glittery area is safe but has a more Beijing-feel to it. I was hanging out with real Beijing people and buying their local pancakes. If you are open to new experiences, this is it. There's also hair salons and 24-convenience stores etc....

Stayed: April 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank leeann d
Reviewed 22 February 2015

It was very cold in Beijing but our rooms were warm. The hotel is well situated but make sure you enter the hutong from the right side. The staff helped us with tansportaition to the Wall and to the airport

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Anders H
Reviewed 7 November 2014 via mobile

Although the Chinese value ultra modern this is an interesting place to stay if you want to experience a more traditional stay in Beijing. Directions to the hotel: from the airport take the subway to Andingman subway station. Orient yourself so that the river is on your right Cross the bridge over the river. Go west along Ring Road 2 two blocks. Walk on the sidewalk under the trees parallel to the highway. As you are walking there will be a tall building with a pointy roof to your left. At the second hutong( alley) you will see a large red electric sign flashing hotel about halfway down the block. Turn left at the sign and the hotel is a few buildings down. About a five minute walk from the subway.
Hotel staff speak reasonable English and are very helpful. Tours can be organized from the front desk. Tours to the Great Wall cost about $50.
Breakfast is included.

• Stayed: October 2014
2  Thank Lesterbeach
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

This place is so good and nearly perfect to me and my friend ! There is metro station nearby, just take 5 mins to get to the hotel:))
The decoration here just looks the same as pictures show in their website:)) good and friendly service here, greet us everytime when we get back to the hotel:)) nice place! Im sure i will come back here when i do the visit next time:)

2  Thank Vanessa A
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights by myself

Positive aspects:
I really liked the look of it, it is indeed very beautiful, the room was nice enough and had enough space to store your things or even unpack if you would like to. The room was clean and equipped with a TV and also some snacks available again a (very) small fee.The bathroom is a little small, but totally fine.The staff was very friendly and helpful, but not all of them speak good english. Near by is the beijing subway, so getting around really is no problem at all. Even some sight are close by, like the Llama Temple.

Negative aspects:
The hotel is located in a side alley and not that easy to find. Even my driver did not really know where to go and had to ask for directions. It can be a little intimidating going into said alley at night by yourself, but it is perfectly save. Like I said, i travelled by myself and had no trouble at all. Also, you really can hear everything inside your room. your neighbors and everyone in the courtyard might keep you up if you are a light sleeper.

Over all, I was very happy with my experience in the Imperial Courtyard Hotel, but I don't think I would chose it for a stay longer than a few nights.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo