I recently stayed at this hotel for 10 days, and was mostly happy with the experience. You can't get a better location - this is just a few mins drive from the Forbidden City, and next to the popular pedestrian shopping street Wanfujing. My room price included the breakfast, which was fantastic. The rooms very clean and comfortable, and the staff very professional, helpful and English-speaking.
But there were some issues:
- Organized prostitution. Upon arrival at the hotel, I wanted to have a jetlag-massage...the spa promised to send me a masseuse to my room. I was pretty surprised when the lady turned out to be a prostitute. I was almost certain of this already when I saw her - she was wearing a mini-skirt and high heels, and, indeed, after a few minutes of rubbing she went right into the business. I sent her back, refused to pay anything, and was sent a real massause after a few minutes. The Spa apologized the "confusion". Prostitution is a crime in China and not something an international 4-star hotel should be involved with.
- A/C. This hotel has big issues with the A/C. It is ice cold and there is no way to turn it warm enough. Fortunately I did not need any the A/C in mid-September. Many guests have complained about the A/C in previous reviews so the hotel should really do something about this.
- Internet price. I had to use internet for business and in the end of my stay paid $200 USD for it (i.e. $20/day). Just ridiculous!
Despite this few issues, I am willing to consider staying there again...if the A/C would just work...!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on bustling Wangfujing Avenue, Crowne Plaza Beijing stands in the heart of the city s vibrant shopping and international business centers, such as Oriental Plaza, Financial Street and CBD. The hotel is Just 45 minutes drive from Beijing International Airport and 15 minutes from Beijing Railway Station with easy highway access to Shenyang, Tianjin and Shijiazhuang. Just a 10-minute stroll or taxi ride will bring you to the magnificent Forbidden City and other historical landmarks including Tiananmen Square, Great Hall of the People, Temple of Heaven and Lama Temple.At each memorable day s end, ours is a familiar, friendly face welcoming you with all the comforts of home. In Beijing, you ll agree that The Place To Meet is Crowne Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing