“Great Location”

Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #68 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed here on holiday and it was a great location to walk to shops and underground. We upgraded the tour company choice based on other trip advisor reviews and glad we did. We also got a surprise upgrade to the club floor on both stays. Internet could have been better though.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear guest,

The positive feedback we receive is an encouragement for our team to do event better for guest who seek the comforts and hospitality of a great hotel. Thank you very much for the compliments. We look forward to welcome you again soon! Best regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I have stayed here for business on a number of occasions. This time round, they did recognize me as a returning guest during the check-in (nice surprise) and welcomed me back.
Location wise, it is very central for business travelers in the Oriental building complex (dongfang) and the hotel is convenient for the tourists with many sites nearby: forbidden city, CCTV tower, pedestrian walk on wangfujing etc. overall, very convenient with many good restaurants nearby.
Rooms were fairly clean though the carpets probably need another good shampooing. Bed was fairly comfy and the bathroom was standard Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn ie quite business like: clean, standard amenities etc. for a business trip, this room was sufficient but it would be a little bit of a squeeze for 2 people on vacation.
Staff were generally friendly especially the Chinese restaurant. I felt they were very helpful and did go out of their way to accommodate a special meal request. Food at the Chinese restaurant was good. Breakfast was unfortunately a bit of a hit and miss with staff scrambling to get room numbers and tables and coffee/tea. Suggest the hotel re-look the breakfast seating process. Food at breakfast was not bad but definitely need healthier options.
Overall, good hotel and I will come back again.

Room Tip: Inward facing rooms have a much better view than the outward facing ones. Though a word of caution...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the room, food. We also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Regarding your suggestion to our room and breakfast service, we have taken up the matter with the hotel operation team to improve our service. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

You cannot get a better location. Two bloks to the pedestrial street of Wangufing Street. Not to mention two blocks to the nite market which is very entertaining. The hotel rooms are fine, good bedding and good service. I highly recommend upgrading to the club floor. They have breakfast on the 8th floor so you don't have to go down to the main restaurant and a GREAT happy hour, complimentary drinks (wine beer etc. and woderful appetizers.) Also, complimentary internet etc. We never had to take a cab in the evening for dinner. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the club floor, well worth it.
Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the room and club floor service. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

IMHO, this hotel have the best location, it's near from everywhere ie. shopping center , food, and tourist sites. the hotel is very clean and neat. the bathroom even it's not too spacious, yet still its clean. the staffs are friendly, helpful, and most important, we can communicate well in English. The room, is always clean, and with complete amenities. also the food have more varieties than previous hotel that I stayed. especially for ppl who don't eat pork, meat, this hotel gave more choices to eat.

I give higher credit for spa/massage facilities, I think they have an excellent masseur. it really pain release for me, after doing city tour. I even fell asleep ;) . I recommend foot, face and body massage or you can choose the package offered by the hotel. its worth ..

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank AyuGuritno

Dear guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to the room, food and massage service. We also very happy to know that our colleagues were helpful during your stay. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Beijing in the not too distant future. Kind regards.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I really did want to like the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, as the location is exceptionally convenient. I was traveling on business from the United States and booked this hotel at the recommendations of our corporate office in China.

However, I had challenge after challenge at this hotel. While I called to try to address some of these items, I eventually ran out of time to call to address each item. Specifically:

-my room faced the interior courtyard and was therefore quite noisy until very late in the evening, both from interior courtyard noise and numerous large parties in the hallways, which could be heard inside the hotel room
-my room's climate control system could not produce hot air (my stay was May 21-23)
-because the climate control system could not produce hot air, it had been running cold all day, and I called to request an additional blanket as none are stored in the rooms.
-no second blanket would ever become provided to me, either that evening or on the subsequent day of my stay
-coffee and tea packets were not replenished between my first and second nights, though I did see that coffee mugs and coasters were replenished right next to the slot for additional coffee and tea packets
-the refrigerator/minibar would produce quite a lot of noise when it would "kick in" during the middle of the night.
-front desk check-in and check-out took substantially longer than my typical experience, despite checking in quite late (10pm) and out quite early (5:45am)

In good news, the bed was comfortable, and my corporate rate provided free internet access, which was fast and convenient. The breakfast fully met my expectations, as did the lounge staff. However, I would find that for this price, one could do equally well at a higher-rated hotel in the immediate area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank lzgutt
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2012

Dear guest, thank you for using Tripadvisor and for sharing your feedback regarding your recent staying with us. We certainly take all of your comments very seriously indeed. Please rest assure that your experience has been discussed with the respective teams and management for their needed improvements. Our team is firmly dedicated to correcting any shortcomings and to seek for improvements. We strive to express our passion of service through a great hotel experience, and your comments have brought valuable feedback for our improvement. Again we will pay serous attention on those basic service details and really look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Best regards.