My fiance and I just spent the last 3 days of our trip to China in Beijing. Crowne Plaza was recommended by our tour agency and we picked it because of its Wangfujing location, which is a popular shopping and dining district close to many main attractions in Beijing. Within walking distance, the hotel is located close to Beijing's famous snack/eatery street where 30-50 street carts line up to sell an gasping breath of fast foods from steamed dumplings to skewered starfish. For the shoppers, there are high-end stores like Burberry and Zara as well as Chinese brand stores down the street that visitors can walk to. We enjoyed the cafe bars, tea bars, and drinking bars along this street that offer a cozy respite for shoppers and locals taking a romantic stroll down the road.
The hotel lobby is impressively clean, expansive with a courtyard feeling. We stayed here during Christmas season, so the lobby was nicely furnished with a Christmas tree, gingerbread houses, a grand piano with nightly live performances for guests to enjoy while they utilize the lounge area for meetings, gatherings, and free wifi usage.
Checking-in was an effortness process, as the staff members quickly sought to open a new counter to welcome us so that we did not have to wait in line. We also appreciated that, unlike most large hotels, the wait for the elevators was always minimal.
Our room was well designed, spacious, with a desk and lounge chair to relax. The bed is hard as typical of almost any hotel beds in China, but the sheets were soft. The bathroom was clean and well-maintained with plushy towels. Complete with amenities you'd expect from a 5-star hotel. The fitness area is not 24 hours, but it is open for 16 hours a day. The gym has basic cardio machines such as the trusted treadmills (and they work!), ellipticals, bikes, and dumbells up to 55lbs. There are also a couple of benches and multifunctional weight systems for those who are more serious about weight-training. There is also an indoor swimming pool, which we did not have enough time to enjoy.
Lastly, no review about China is complete without commenting on food. Breakfast buffet was fresh and has many cooking stations. I recommend booking your room with breakfast included rather than to pay separately. There are 3 restaurants on the property. Dinner at the Chinese restaurant seems to be a popular place in Beijing, even our tour guide recommended for us to try their Peking duck. And had we been duck consumers, we would've gladly taken his advice. Nevertheless, we enjoyed a made-to-order dinner at the restaurant that was savory and well-attended to. The Angus Grill at the hotel is marketed towards tourists who want to shell out big cash for burgers and "steak." We were not impressed with the menu, but to each their own. There are also a number of good restaurants within 1/2 mile from the hotel.
Overall, we had a comfortable stay at the Crown Plaza. It's a clean respite from the bustling city. It sets a standard for Crown Plaza hotels internationally. We'd stay at this hotel again on our next trip to Beijing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on bustling Wangfujing Avenue, Crowne Plaza Beijing stands in the heart of the city s vibrant shopping and international business centers, such as Oriental Plaza, Financial Street and CBD. The hotel is Just 45 minutes drive from Beijing International Airport and 15 minutes from Beijing Railway Station with easy highway access to Shenyang, Tianjin and Shijiazhuang. Just a 10-minute stroll or taxi ride will bring you to the magnificent Forbidden City and other historical landmarks including Tiananmen Square, Great Hall of the People, Temple of Heaven and Lama Temple.At each memorable day s end, ours is a familiar, friendly face welcoming you with all the comforts of home. In Beijing, you ll agree that The Place To Meet is Crowne Plaza. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, IHG, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Beijing Crowne Plaza
- Crown Plaza Beijing
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing