US$255
US$248
Official Website
  • Pool
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$212
US$61
Priceline
Dongsi Hotel(Beijing)(Great Value!)
1,714 results
All reviewsangus grillforbidden cityclub floorwalking distanceexcellent locationcentral locationwangfujing areanight marketconcierge teamchinese restaurantbreakfast buffetshopping streetbit datedfree internetlobby barhotel is greattourist attractions
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The hotel is located walking distance (for those who like walking) from the Forbidden City, next to a main shopping avenue. There are some convenience stores nearby and there is also a taxi stand across the building. To go to/from the airport for just 25 yuan, use the airport bus which stops about 50 meters from the hotel, every hour on the hour. From the airport, take the bus to Wangfujing.

The air in our room itself was not fresh (but it can be attributed to the air pollution in the whole city). The breakfast is overpriced. The room itself was very good and the reception staff was slightly less awkward with tourists than what one usually encounters in China.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Witoldzio
Reviewed 22 June 2017

The rooms are so tiny and made smaller because , the a good portion of the room is taken over by extension of the bath ( see photo) . The lobby is good but my room overlooks the atrium hall. I was told that to get a better room I need to pay $ 200 against $ 130-140 . Breakfast extra.

I am now used to the "No Smile" reception at most hotels in China, they don't give a damn . Would not stay there though the location is good

Room Tip: Go for expensive rooms
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, thank for staying at our hotel and share your comments. We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations. And because during this period our room occupancy is high, there might be no suitable room for you to change. And for the other room type, you should pay the extra room charge, hope you cloud understand us. Thank you for your comments, and hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Was on the last leg of a business trip to China, and wanted to stay in Beijing to see the Great Wall. Booked the Crowne Plaza in Wangfujing and was totally delighted! Arranged a pick up at Beijing Capital airport, rode to hotel in a BMW 750. Not free, but worth the cost. Once at hotel, concierge was very helpful and gracious. Front desk was short staffed and many guests were checking in at same time. He took the time to check me in at the executive club, avoiding the long lines. They also upgraded me to a suite. Rooms are nicely appointed and beds very comfortable. AC works well. Room service is prompt and food is good.
Highly recommend staying here if you are planning on being in Beijing.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Generally, it was a great experience, but there was a weird moment of checkout that might have been an honest mistake, but also could have been ripping off the foreigners.

I had reserved multiple rooms for me and others, and paid for everything on my debit card at Check-in. I told my friends to drop their keys off at the front desk and I'd check out at a certain time. When my friends did so, they were told to pay for their room, but knew I had already paid. It was close to when I was checking out, so they didn't pay, and waited for me. When I checked out, they acknowledged the rooms were already paid for and didn't give me the same "bill" they had given the others with a room charge. It's hard to say how it happened or what would have happened if they had paid, but it was weird, and worth noting. I didn't really follow up as we were sort of in a rush and it seemed more trouble than it was worth.

Otherwise, it was a great experience, and it would be easily a 4,maybe 5, if it wasn't for the weirdness. The staff had great English, and if they didn't, quickly found the person that could or made their point clear, with pre-made signs. Really convenient, even if you know a little Chinese (which some of my group does).

The rooms were clean and well-kept. I paid for the breakfast buffet and it was great. I didn't get room service, but it was 24 hours with good Western options which isn't always true in China, so that was nice to have as an option!

We're expats who went to Beijing as a treat, so the location was GREAT, near a lot of good shopping, including English Bookstores in a very clean and modern neighborhood. For other travelers, there is a subway nearby, but it might be better to stay in another area if you're looking for a very authentic Chinese experience.
Just note that you need swimcaps for the pool! It was small, but nice to have as an option to relax. The sauna's and steam rooms were also a nice treat!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank soloinchina
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear guest,
Greetings from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing! We appreciate you choosing our hotel to stay and share your experiences. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel staff English communication, clean room, breakfast buffet and great location. At the same time, we are also very sorry to hear about the experience during you check out, and here we want to extend our sincere apologies for the inconveniences you faced, as that is not up to our normal standards. We will share your feedback with our front office department. Please rest assured that appropriate steps are being taken to avoid any recurrence. Thank you for your sincere comments and do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Best Regards.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza, Wangfujing for 4 nights and really liked the hotel for its location, customer service & ever helping attitude of the staff. The swimming pool on the 9th floor is small but nearly maintained.

Our daily breakfast at the Essence was satisfying and the concierge staff was in particular so helpful that he guided us with the most appropriate mode of transport for all our destinations.

The location of this property is superb as it is just around the Wangfujing street which is a shopper's paradise and this hotel is not far away from the forbidden city.

We used to walk upto the Forbidden City every day at late hours and I found the city extremely safe.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family