Free cancellation until 22/07
US$162
US$149
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$191
US$87
US$80
Priceline
1,703 results
All reviewsangus grillforbidden cityclub floorwalking distanceexcellent locationcentral locationwangfujing areanight marketconcierge teamchinese restaurantbreakfast buffetshopping streetbit datedfree internetlobby barhotel is greattourist attractions
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The check in system need improvements, way too long, even when we already booked months before. Breakfast food also never change, spend 5 days here and everyday same food with no variation. The room is a bit old and small but clean and all the amenities are fine. Location is adequate, only close with wangfujing, is hard to get taxi nearby, and is not close with bus or subway so prepare to walk.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, and thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing with us your review. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel’s clean room, fine amenities and adequate location. For the check –in service and breakfast food variation, we will try to make some improvements for these services in order to provide better experience to guest. For getting taxi, because our hotel is located at Beijing city center, during the busy hour it is not easy to get taxi. For avoiding this problem, you could ask our Concierge to make your taxi reservation before you go out. And our hotel is located at the famous business avenue, Wangfujing Street, which is not only near to Wangujing, but also near to Forbidden City, Beihai Park and Tianmen Square, which are the famous sightseeing spots of Beijing. Moreover, in our hotel area, there are many public buses 3 subway stations which could help you to get these tours attractions and any other places in Beijing. Thank you for your comments, and hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 September 2017

As other reviews pointed out that the hotel is somewhat outdated and can be improved, but if they renovated the hotel, the price would probably go up?

As we were out and about during the day, so were in the hotel to sleep only. The room was clean and did not have any problems with the staff.

Despite the outdated appearance, the location is so good. Could see the Forbidden City from our room window, and only few minutes walk to Wangfujing.

Overall, we were happy with the hotel and will stay again if we go to Beijin.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Angus Beef Restaurant.

On our recent trip to Beijing. We were staying close by to this place. When I saw it I really wanted to try it. I really wanted to like this place and in so many ways I did enjoy my times there. I did actually go twice. The service, great, the Homemade bread delicious. Great on tap German Beer, totally fantastic Shiraz from SA. But the steak. No! they just don't know how to cook them. They tried twice to get it right, but they just didn't know how to prepare and cook them properly. And isn't the reason you go to a Steak House for the steaks!
Don't go or prepare to be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. Regarding to the steak service in our Angus Grill, we are sorry for the dissatisfaction. We will continue to provide training, as we always do to the staff to keep improving the service standard. Once again, thank you for your feedback, we do hope you will be able to enjoy dining in our restaurant when you next visit our hotel.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

No sleep at this hotel. Constructions workers digging all through the night...

Such a shame. Early pick up to fly home and completely sleep deprived.

Hotel in good spot, but the noise levels outside unacceptable

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and sharing your experience. We also appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by construction noise outside the Hotel. This was carried out by Local government for maintaining the road near our hotel and was completely out of our control. Nor were we informed in advance. Do contact us in the future should you consider staying with us again so that we can make amends for the inconvenience caused. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

Hello all,

I believe most of you already experience the DON'T CARE attitude from some of this hotel staff, including some of their management team.
I am one of the customer who stay this Hotel for about 8 months - (Two weeks per month). Why still want to staying here if quality are so bad? No choice as this is company budget and very near to client office.
It may be not fair for me to compare this Hotel service level with others Hotel I stayed for my past 10 years travelling around Asia Pacific but still, it listed as 5 Star Hotel. So I am expecting 5 star service...........right?
Here is my comments about this Hotel!
1. No argument as this Hotel Located at very good location. Wang Fu Jing Street.

2. Hotel room and facilities are old but acceptable as cleaner are hard working to change the bed shift and clean the rooms daily.

3. Breakfast food are so so only and should not up to 5 Start hotel standard. 3 Star may be......

4. Gym equipment are very old & small and only few options there. 3 Star level......

5. Lobby look okay and normal but nothing special as this is old hotel.

Here is my bad experience about this hotel:
a. Pillow are too soft but mentioned many time still the same arrangement for my room.
b. Request for high floor but still every time check in still need to request change room.
c. Bed shift only change every 3-4 days. Even you had request but still no remark noted for regular hotel guest.
d. Front desk customer service skill, some not bad but some are terrible. Marvin is one of the good example with good customer service skill. Bad example will be Jeffrey Chan & Roger who like to bring customer to long trip for wasting time.
e. Hotel do not have long stay guest records like others hotel did. e.g. When I stay Marriott in 2013 for one year, they will records down what guest want and preferred. They will arrange in the room in advance to make you feel like second home while you are oversea. But this hotel? Sorry, never care. That is my experience and not sure about yours.
f. Many things to wrote but feel like useless as I don't think they will improve......but for sure they will replied you here.....sometime, but I don't think any actions will be taken.

Who will I recommended for this hotel?
Those tourist that only want to stay 1 to 2 nights to visit Beijing Town with not too demanding on hotel quality (But pls don't expecting this will be the same 5 star hotel you stay before like Marriott, Shangri-La or Hilton hotel. )

Who I will not recommended for this Hotel?
People like me! Wish to have comfortable room while far away from home. But yet if your company got budget and client/ company office are nearby. Then no choice you need to stay here. Because you had no choice and this is what they think too. So, whether to value you or not you will still need to stay here.

Don't waste your time and try to talk to their management team. No one will value your feedback especially those on the top position.
That's is one of the reason I personally feel that why middle level not listening. I think they learn from top.

Finally, If this is for my own family trip and I will definitely NOT choosing this hotel as I seriously don't think this is comfortable and good hotel from IHG Group.

All comments above are my personal opinion and experience which not again anyone else.

Thanks & Best Regards!

Room Tip: Request room to face outside the building. (Face inside Viewable from lift people). Top floor is noisy as water pump is running at night.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location. At the same time, we are very sorry to hear you about you were not satisfied with our service. We would like to apologize for the discomfort and unhappiness experienced.
For the pillow in the room, we will arrange same pillow for each room, but we provide pillow menu with different kinds of pillow choices in the room, you could choose the pillow you preferred and contact with our Guest Service Center, and then our housekeeping staff will bring the pillow you ordered to you. For arranging higher floor room, you could write down your special request when you make room reservation, then we could arrange the room you preferred for you depending on the room available. And we will also make remark in our system for your special request in order to arrange the room you like for you. For the bed sheets changing service, there is environmental protection card with green color and leaf shape on the table, and you could put the card on your bed, then our staff will change your bed sheets for you, otherwise for environmental protection, we normally change bed sheets every 3 days. Regarding to the front desk staff service and long stay guest service, we will continue to provide training, as we always do to the staff to keep improving the service standard.
Thank you for bringing these matters to our attention, after all it is only through comments such as yours that we can only hope to improve our services and facilities. We hope these problems did not mar your overall impression of our hotel and that you will give us another opportunity of welcoming you back.
Best regards