“Outstanding customer service”

Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #69 of 6,563 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 17 September 2017

The hotel itself could use a bit of an upgrade, nothing major it is still a fine hotel. What really stands out is the staff. I showed up at 10 in the morning, no reservation no call ahead-my Chinese co-worker booked us in a hotel that did not accept foreigners. A quick visit to IHG lead me here. Upon trying to register the desk clerk told me to book on line for a better rate, which I did for the day before (my phone browser was on USA time). She fixed that, gave us two rooms at the discounted price and allowed us to get into our rooms immediately. After a 12 train ride from Shanghai that was simply the best. Later that evening I had flagged down the restaurant manager and told him how happy I was with the staff, after a brief discussion he insisted on preparing a takeaway breakfast for me in the morning (early bus to the Great Wall). I didn't want it but he insisted, halfway to the Great Wall I was so glad he did and ate a very nice boxed breakfast. I understand I may have been given some special treatment due to Platinum status be even still this was far above and beyond my expectations and I normally have high expectations from the service industry. Given the staff and how close the hotel is to the Forbidden City (easy 15 minute walk) I highly recommend this hotel, highly.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

The check in system need improvements, way too long, even when we already booked months before. Breakfast food also never change, spend 5 days here and everyday same food with no variation. The room is a bit old and small but clean and all the amenities are fine. Location is adequate, only close with wangfujing, is hard to get taxi nearby, and is not close with bus or subway so prepare to walk.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Greetings from the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, and thank you for staying at our hotel and sharing with us your review. We appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel’s clean room, fine amenities and adequate location. For the check –in service and breakfast food variation, we will try to make some improvements for these services in order to provide better experience to guest. For getting taxi, because our hotel is located at Beijing city center, during the busy hour it is not easy to get taxi. For avoiding this problem, you could ask our Concierge to make your taxi reservation before you go out. And our hotel is located at the famous business avenue, Wangfujing Street, which is not only near to Wangujing, but also near to Forbidden City, Beihai Park and Tianmen Square, which are the famous sightseeing spots of Beijing. Moreover, in our hotel area, there are many public buses 3 subway stations which could help you to get these tours attractions and any other places in Beijing. Thank you for your comments, and hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 September 2017

As other reviews pointed out that the hotel is somewhat outdated and can be improved, but if they renovated the hotel, the price would probably go up?

As we were out and about during the day, so were in the hotel to sleep only. The room was clean and did not have any problems with the staff.

Despite the outdated appearance, the location is so good. Could see the Forbidden City from our room window, and only few minutes walk to Wangfujing.

Overall, we were happy with the hotel and will stay again if we go to Beijin.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Angus Beef Restaurant.

On our recent trip to Beijing. We were staying close by to this place. When I saw it I really wanted to try it. I really wanted to like this place and in so many ways I did enjoy my times there. I did actually go twice. The service, great, the Homemade bread delicious. Great on tap German Beer, totally fantastic Shiraz from SA. But the steak. No! they just don't know how to cook them. They tried twice to get it right, but they just didn't know how to prepare and cook them properly. And isn't the reason you go to a Steak House for the steaks!
Don't go or prepare to be disappointed.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing and for taking the time to share your experience. Regarding to the steak service in our Angus Grill, we are sorry for the dissatisfaction. We will continue to provide training, as we always do to the staff to keep improving the service standard. Once again, thank you for your feedback, we do hope you will be able to enjoy dining in our restaurant when you next visit our hotel.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

No sleep at this hotel. Constructions workers digging all through the night...

Such a shame. Early pick up to fly home and completely sleep deprived.

Hotel in good spot, but the noise levels outside unacceptable

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
CPBJwangfujing, Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Crowne Plaza Beijing Wangfujing. Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay and sharing your experience. We also appreciate your positive comments with regards to our hotel location. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by construction noise outside the Hotel. This was carried out by Local government for maintaining the road near our hotel and was completely out of our control. Nor were we informed in advance. Do contact us in the future should you consider staying with us again so that we can make amends for the inconvenience caused. Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.