New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$192
US$119
Priceline
Citytel Inn(Beijing)
1,704 results
All reviewsangus grillforbidden cityclub floorwalking distanceexcellent locationcentral locationwangfujing areanight marketconcierge teamchinese restaurantbreakfast buffetshopping streetbit datedfree internetlobby barhotel is greattourist attractions
Reviewed 29 October 2006

Really enjoyed out stay here. Booked based upon good reviews on tripadvisor and that you could get good advance room rates and was very satisfied. Comfortable, modern rooms at good prices (if booked in advance, at least). Would recommend to anyone else. Rooms very light, modern and very comfortable - just what you need when you get to a strange city after a long flight. Cable TV channels (HBO etc) are also welcome if you're awake at odds times with jet lag.

Location of hotel is fine. On on Beijing's main shopping strips which is perfectly pleasant. Takes a bit of a walk to get to main tourist sites but taxis are cheap and plentiful in Beijing so whilst walking is pleasant enough don't spend you're precious time walking just to get from A to B (or walk the first few times maybe and taxi from there!).

Only niggles were ridiculously expensive extras at hotel like laundry and internet which is expected to an extent at hotels like this but still comes as a suprise. I just don't think it's neccessary to trip to rip people off so much when they are in the door!

Would completely recommend staying here to anyone going to Beijing.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank m_james_s
Reviewed 16 October 2006

After reading millions of review I decided to book crown plaza, beijing. Stayed at the club floor. We got a smoking floor, but didn't even know until our last day. Couldn't smell any smoke. Stayed nights. Beds were comfortable. Not many hotels in China has two double beds. This place did! Our attendants on our floor were very helpful. It's nice to have good service. We didn't have to deal with anyone at the lobby front desk. Everything was done on our floor. I highly recommend this place. It felt a bit like home after being abroad for a long long time.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with friends
9  Thank jtuan
Reviewed 4 October 2006

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza for 2 nights recently with my wife and was very happy with the hotel.

First of all, its important to note that this hotel seems to have recently undergone a complete rennovation, so any past reviews about the hotel aging are no longer relevant in my opinion.

Our room was a standard king room and was beautifully appointed. The room was a fair size, very comfortable bed and it had a 30" or so widescreen LCD TV. It also had very affordable broadband internet (less than $10 per day). The bathroom was trully beautiful, had seperate shower and bath and had the best shower head I have ever had in any hotel, period.

One thing to note. We had rooms on the outside, but there are also rooms with windows onto the lobby atrium. This might bother some people so I recommend they ask for an outside room.

The hotel bar was very nice, and we got a complimentary drink on arrival, but we didn't eat in any of the hotel's restaurants.

The Hotel health club, includes indoor pool, jacuzzi, sauna (wet and dry) and some gym equipment I didn't use. They also offer various kinds of massage in your room or in their special massage rooms. My wife and I both had European oil massage which was wonderful, the masseuse was extremely talented.

The hotel's location is probably its best feature of all. Its walking distance from Tiannenmen Square and the Forbidden city (be warned that the Forbidden City is undergoing extensive rennovations for the 2008 Olympics) and for shopping its located right on Wangfujing which is one of the main shopping streets in Beijing with a number of excellent malls and specialty shops. Its also where the night food market is and Snack Street.

After 2 nights we transferred to the China World Hotel since I had 3 nights vouchers for there through my frequent flyer program, but I have to say the Crowne Plaza was probably our favorite of the 2 excellent hotels since it had an atmosphere of being more friendly and intimate. The Concierge were especially helpful in comparison.

The Crowne Plaza gets my warmest recommendation.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Jonathan R
Reviewed 1 October 2006

This hotel would be hard to beat for its location, price and service. It is based at the north end of Wangfujing where all of the main shops are. Tiannamen Square, Forbidden City and the Night Food market are within 15 minutes walk or a 30 RMB taxi ride. The service was impecable, the food excellent and the atrium is a lovely area for afternoon chinese tea which is beautifully served. The bar is also quite hip and has a happy hour each day. On leaving the hotel, beware of chinese students wanting to talk to you. They are very friendly, however they will all try to goad you to a chinese caligraphy exhibition!

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
6  Thank docfun
Reviewed 30 September 2006

I would've thought that if you booked two rooms in the same name with two of the family members being children, that they might think that you may want to be at the least nearby, at the most, interconnected. No. No. No. I had even contacted them in advance to check this but we weren't even on the same floor! And surprise surprise, the only two rooms they had that were interconnected meant upgrading to a club floor and then, guess what? We finally got to our interconnecting rooms to discover that they weren't interconnected despite being assured many times that they were.
Our rooms were nice and they did give our son a very nice cake on his birthday (after asking) and the concierge in the club lounge was great (as opposed to the one at the front desk) but I can't see what all the fuss is about here. It is just another hotel and in my opinion, nothing special.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family