We stayed here for seven nights 8 - 16 March 2012. Myself and my family come to Beijing often and live in China.
If you are looking for a 4 star hotel experience with free internet (a lot of hotels of this standard charge you extra for it!) at a reasonable price then this is a good place to stay. If you are looking for prime location then it is perhaps not the best option.
One of the reasons we chose this hotel was based on previous reviews of the concierge "Storm". We had our parents-in-law with us and needed good service. He did a good job organizing of the beaten track trips for us (ie the Great Wall with a local village meal thrown in or excellent non-touristy restaurants), booking travel tickets and generally taking care of us. It was nice to have someone there with connections in the city available 24 / 7.
The hotel all round is of a good standard. Rooms have a safe, flat screen tv, nice bath tub for a soak, comfortable mattresses and pillows, sofa, desk, good lighting options etc. There is a decent enough pool and a basic fitness area. If you book a club room then bare in mind it is no different really from a deluxe room but you will get access into the executive lounge which means free drinks all day and free food between 6 - 8pm. This was a worthwhile option for us.
The breakfast is good and I particularly liked Amy who kept the staff on track, maintaining a peaceful and pleasant environment. She was always very courteous to us. We dined at the Zen restaurant and found the food to be quite good, though it was a little slow to come out.
I feel obliged to mention location. The hotel is in south west Beijing, great for the West Train Station but... if you want to see downtown Beijing with the forbidden city, wanfujiang, beihai, houhai, hutongs etc. then you will need to travel 30 mins in a taxi.
Bear in mind the acrobatic shows, silk market and pearl market are East side. The bird's nest and 798 district are north side. If you want to go to the Great Wall then that is north of Beijing. Basically you will be crossing the city for all these attractions which is added journey time!
If you want to get to the nearest tube station I would say it is not walkable. Took me 25 mins on a bus, a taxi would take 15 mins but they are not always easy to get outside the hotel.
Having said that the hotel is great. You are getting a cracking price for the quality of hotel and we felt the money saved during our stay more than paid or the extra journey time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing