Book now, pay at stay
US$149
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$167/night.

New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$191
US$94
US$83
US$95
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$110/night.

US$182
US$99
US$80
Priceline
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 June 2013

We stayed here 7 Nights- Never again. Limited English understood and staff showed no interest in helping. Air con was cool for 2 nights and seemed to be on heating for rest of the time- their solution, they gave us a fan for the last 2 nights. Room only cleaned twice (and that was only to empty bins). Bathroom never cleaned- smelled, despite leaving exhaust fan on all the time. Have stayed in better BackPackers.

Room Tip: DON'T stay at this place.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank DiDen_13
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We took 3 rooms at this hotel with my friends, which is found easily by the taxi (or 7 mins from the nearest metro station).
Rooms are ok and quite clean, not very big but can easily accomodate 2 people.
The bathroom is clean, however the shower is not separed which means water can slash on the floor of the whole bathroom is you do not take care !
Also, some rooms are on the street side, and you have to know that public work is allowed in the evening, I had to bear the jackhammer until 2-3am !!

Overall the hotel is worth its price, but I think you could find something slightly better.

Room Tip: Not on the street side !
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank superjoe3
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Although its a cheap hotel its not worthy.
No ones speaks English, the breakfast its outside of the hotel and the rooms are terrible.
The hotel is dirty and messy.
You'll save a lot of time staying out of this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We are currently trying to get out of our reservation with this hotel. The room size we booked, apparently doesn't exist at the hotel. That would be manageable except for the fact that there are so many other things that are wrong!

When we first entered the room, only one light switched worked - a dim entryway light. My husband, who fortunately speaks some Chinese, went down to get help. The person who came up to help had to screw in the lightbulbs because that was the only way to get the lights working! Since the switches don't work, the lightbulbs were unscrewed to turn them off. Yes, it's true.

Internet is nonexistent. The ethernet cord is broken and it feels like I have traveled back 20 years in time with the speed. Of course, it doesn't help that I just arrived from Seoul, a modern city with awesome internet speeds.

Let me state that I have stayed in many countries around the world, so I am used to less than ideal conditions. This hotel ranks at the bottom. Not even its close proximity can save it from my review. Instead, pay a little more and book across the street at the Sunworld Hotel. That is what I am trying to do right now.

Do. Not. Book. This. Hotel. If you do, I truly hope you have a better experience than I.

Room Tip: Please consider the Sunworld Hotel. It is directly across the street and has wifi. That's actually how I'm writing this review. I'm in their lobby waiting for my current room at the Beijing Times Holiday Hotel to be cancelled without penalty.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Melissa L
Reviewed 16 October 2012 via mobile

Excellent staff, the rooms are clean and a great location to be, as it is very near Wanfujing market. There is a macdonalds literally a minute walk from the hotel and a KFC near by (5mins). Or on your way to Wanfujing market there is a mall where there is a Pizza Hut. I was familiar with these western restaurants because I had never been to china before and was abit concerned about adapting to real Chinese food as the travel doctor said there is an 80% chance you will get diorhea whilst being there simply because of the different. so I eased into very slowly introducing medium size doses and was fine. Last thing you want is to be inside your hotel with a bad stomach when you could be visiting the Great Wall, forbidden palace etc.

• Stayed: September 2012