Xijiao Hotel Beijing
US$159
US$107
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsconference facilitieshotel entranceuniversity districtpeking universityholiday innbreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2017

We did a sort of a staycation here. We wanted to get out of our apartment and wanted something different. We met up with some friends and there was a bowling alley. It was 30RMB a game a person which included shoes. The alley wasn’t perfect but it was the first time I’ve been bowling in Beijing. We will come back and visit the bowling alley.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2017

The Xijiao hotel is a massive complex with rooms in several different buildings, right in the heart of the Wudaokou area of Beijing. It seems to be used a lot by student and business groups, and caters for international visitors better than many Chinese hotels - the reception staff spoke excellent English. The rooms are large and comfortable although the bed was very hard (thankfully I like it that way), and the breakfast buffet was massive and could have entertained me all day ... but I had a plane to catch.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Very convenient location: 5 minutes from metro station (13 line), in 10-15 min walk distance to Tsinghua University, Peking University, USTB, Beihang University, etc.
Swiming pool is good, with sauna.
Wi-fi was too slow...

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 August 2016

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The location was pretty good. There are lots of eating places nearby. The hotel is not too far from the train station. From the hotel to Beijing Capital Airport it took us about 1 hour using the metro and express train.

The facilitates are good but you do have to pay to use them. There is a swimming pool which is quite a good size but you also need to have a swimming hat to be able to swim in the pool.

The staff at the front desk spoke some English, some staff more than others. Either way check in and check out was no problem. There was some confusion over room price per night, 15% service charge and adding on a deposit.

The cleaning staff and security staff were always smiling and happy to try and help.

We stayed in block 3 and the wifi was fine. I used the internet with no issue at all and it was free.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2016

I stayed at this hotel during a delegation trip for education leaders. The hotel was very conveniently located for my needs at the university. Since we had transportation I didn’t have to deal with arranging my own transportation to popular tourist sights. This hotel is convenient to universities and is on ring 4 (of 7) and due to this it was always a long trek into downtown Beijing on ring 1. Traffic in Beijing is harrowing and always busy and at peak times took 1.5 hours to get to Forbidden City and the like. The Summer Palace was close by and worth the trip. If I were to travel to Beijing just for sightseeing I would select a hotel closer in. The Internet was very spotty. Since I was using web based Wechat to communicate with those back home this was very frustrating. Also, the beds were so hard. I was prepared for this and packed a cheap foam mat to help cushion my sleep. Also, be aware there are different “level” rooms. If you are traveling as a guest of a university you likely will not get a room like those in the pictures. I have attached a picture of a delegation room. It’s much like a dorm room. There were groups of students traveling who also stayed in these small dorm like rooms. It was fine since little time was spent in my room but I would never choose it for myself. We continued our travel to Shanghai and the lovely hotel room there was a welcome sight of modern luxury for this American. One great thing about this hotel is the breakfast buffet. The food was plentiful and delicious. Even those who were traveling with us that didn’t appreciate traditional Chinese food found a full plate of acceptable items. If you do indeed like traditional Chinese like me you will find the food a welcome treat. Overall, I would never turn down a free stay at this hotel. If it was on my own dime I would upgrade my room. If my trip was purely for pleasure I would upgrade the hotel entirely.

Room Tip: Be aware there are different level rooms
Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business