“Beautiful 5* hotel, marble bath/shower/tub, excellent bed/goose down”

Wanda Vista Beijing
Ranked #51 of 6,606 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Very beautiful 5 star hotel in Beijing, with big room, big bathroom with marble floor/shower/tub. Tour guide told us the beds were shipped there from France, extremely comfortable. Good quality goose down/linens.

1  Thank bobolee55
Daniel F, Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. I will share your comments with me team as well.

Life Is Magnifique.

Director Of Quality

Write a ReviewReviews (1,595)

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June.

The hotel is located about 45 minutes drive out by taxi from the airport, which costs you around 100 to 120 RMB. Another (much cheaper) option to reach the hotel from the airport is by using the Airport Express. Take the Airport Express train to the first station Sanyuanqiao, switch to line 10 and exit at the Guomao station. You could either walk from the Guomao station or take line 1 to the Dawanglu station but please keep in mind that the line 1 subway is always very busy. Exiting the Guomao station have a look at the BTV tower and walk towards that tower, the hotel is opposite this tower.

I stayed at room 2110, with a great view overlooking the new CCTV tower towards the China World hotel towers. The room was large and was well equipped and I especially loved the TV in the bathroom, where you could watch a movie while taking a bath. Another great future was the rain shower with lovely amenities by l’ Occtaine.
Please bear in mind though when you are going out for the day, and it is sunny outside, to close the drapes in the room. After 2pm the sun is shining in the room which can lift the temperatures in the room to tropical temperatures.

Other nice futures of this hotel is the large swimming pool, the fitness and the spa on the 6th floor.

On my second day I went to the Sunday Brunch of the hotel in the VIC restaurant. This ADD restaurant was also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I had a pretty good meal with champagne and all the staff including the kitchen staff under the guidance of head chef Mr. Marko where pretty nice and helpful. I especially loved the French pastry’s.

All mayor sightseeing sites are not far away, like the Tiananmen Square is about 30 minutes out by taxi and about 40 by subway line 1 (again mind the rush hour!)
Besides that all mayor sites are easy reachable by the subway of Beijing. Some other sites like the Ming tombs, the great wall and the Summer palace are not reachable by subway but can be booked through the concierge. You could either choose a tour with a group or book a private tour. Prices vary from 300 RMB to 800 RMB.

I had a pretty good stay at this hotel and I will come again once I am in Beijing.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank Rlouwerse

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It is our pleasure to receive your positive compliments. I will share with my team which I believe it will serve as an encourage for a future improvements.

Life is Magnifique.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

This is the first trip to Beijing. Our family stayed at Beijing Sofitel. It is centrally located.

The porters are very attentive. I was particularly impressed with "Terry". He made sure our luggages are well taken care of into and out of hotel. He gave us some good histories on the local area. I particularly like his pleasing smile and kind attentiveness. He made our family feel right at home early in the morning and late at night when we come back.

The hotel is luxurious. It had eloquent decoration. Rooms are spacious. Quality of room materials are good, but had some dents/ scrapes. Overall, very good. View of the room is excellent up high. But there is major construction is going on next street. I am not sure what is going on there, but it is a behemoth big building foundation. I am not sure if the room view in that direction will be blocked by that building in the future. I hope not.

The breakfast is beyond "first class". The variety is the best we had in four five-star hotels we stayed in China. Considering we stayed at hotels use by "Ronald Reagan, Clintons, George Bush 1 & 2, and Obama", that is to say the food is truly "beyond first class". Mr. Frankel, the food manager usually strode by in the morning to make sure all things are taken care of. In short, excellent culinary experience.

Spa and swimming pool are not crowded. I used the swimming pool by myself early in the morning and at night. The plantetarium like ceiling lights which slowly change light every few minutes. That light setting makes swimming backstroke very enjoyable.

Over all, a great hotel. We will definitely come back here for our next Beijing trip.

Room Tip: watch out for that behemoth building underway across the street. It might block some room view.
5  Thank frankyvonneirenevict
Daniel F, Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Bonjour!

Thank you for telling us about your experience in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It was our pleasure to receive such positive feedback that I will share with my team internally.

Your opinion and suggestion are very valuable to us, especially regarding the room materials as well as the influence of the construction site. Regarding the room materials, we are and we will keep doing constant checks and maintenance work on our facilities to ensure the best experience for our guest. We also have noticed the potential influence from the construction site and are currently conducting a project to improve the sound proof ability of the windows, which will help to reduce noise significantly.

We hope our work could next visit even better and once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Betty LI
Personal Assistant to General Manager
Sofitel Wanda Beijing

Reviewed 18 July 2012

overall sofitel wanda is a very good hotel, but a little dissapointed cause when we breakfast at the hotel, actually i already show it my accor card club, so we can get a disc, when im check out i also show to the reservation my card & asking abt the disc, but they tell me no disc for that breakfast even i use accor card club & im sign my credit card for the bill. My husband dont believe it so he ask one more time, the answer still the same, no disc for us. As i know, if i use that card i can get a disc. But i dont know how, on that day they tell us no disc for us. maybe we stay there using complimentary from accor card so no disc for the restaurant.

1  Thank emilia1705
Daniel F, Manager at Wanda Vista Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Sofitel Wanda Beijing. It would highly appreciate if you could share more details with me regarding the issue mentioned in your feedback through my email: doq@sofitelwandabj.com, I would be delighted to be at your service.

Thanks again for your great support to the Sofitel Wanda Beijing and looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We, initially had some problems with one of the front desk staff trying to upsell us as we were checking in. The guy tried to tell us he didn't have our 2 rooms next to each other unless we wanted to upgrade one. After contacting the the Manager Mr. Daniel Fang, things were quickly straightened out and lo and behold, 2 rooms next to each other on a high floor. The rest of the stay was very pleasant from that point on.

The rooms are large, spacious, and well decorated.

The concierge was very helpful in making restaurant reservations for us and in helping us arrange a private van with tour guide to the Great Wall and Summer Palace. It's just a bit pricier than some of the online rates, however, after factoring in conversion rates, convenience fees, and peace of mind in going through a trusted tour company, the difference in price was minimal.

Staff was excellent. Bartender was eager to make drinks to our specifications. Room Service provided a bucket of ice within 5 minutes of calling.

Location is pretty central.

Overall, if I were to return to Beijing, I would stay again at this Sofitel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FredYC77

Dear Mr. Chien,

Thank you for telling us about your Magnifique Journey in the Sofitel Wanda Beijing and it is our great pleasure to be recognized by the customers for our excellent service.

Once again, we appreciate your timely feedback and look forward to your next visit.