“My New Home”

Fraser Residence CBD East Beijing
Ranked #137 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 16 January 2016

I booked a 1 bedroom apartment here for 6 months. It is above adequate and very comfortable. The apartment came furnished (serviced).

The living room has a large TV, a DVD player, and I think surround sound but I have yet to use it. WiFi router in the apartment. Couch for 3, desk, and dining table for 2. There is also a built-in shoe cabinet next to the door.

The kitchen has dishes and utensils for 2 people, a tea kettle, water pitcher, pot, wok style pan, cutting boards, knives, bottle opener, ladle and spatula. There is a washing machine and dryer that will fit about 3 or 4 days of clothes. Small under-counter refrigerator with small freezer.

The bathroom is a single vanity, western toilet and shower/tub combo. Only issue is the toilet is low flow so it requires extra flushing. The shower head is a removable handheld if you would like. And the water pressure is GREAT as well as water temp.

The bedroom has a big screen TV, vanity style desk/table, sitting chair, CA King size bed with only 2 pillows. Under the TV there are 2 drawers that work for clothes. There is also a 4 drawer narrow dresser. The closet is maybe 5 ft wide. It has 2 small drawers in it as well as a couple of small shelves. There is a safe in the closet as well. Also included is an alarm clock, iron and ironing board. There is 1 cabinet that works to store your suitcase, but only room for 1. I have my others hiding behind the curtains.

Plenty of lighting throughout the apartment. Thermostat in both the bedroom as well as the kitchen/dining/living area.

Housekeeping is AMAZING! They clean my apartment 2 times a week. They even do my dishes if I leave them in the sink. That is not expected but definitely appreciated.

The cons are the closet and dresser are only suitable for 1 person. Also I think the bed should have 4 pillows.

The apartment building has great amenities. Gym, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, residents lounge, massage chairs, complimentary shuttle to various stores and it is in a great location. I can walk almost anywhere from here. It is also located right next to the 4th Ring with easy access to the airport. There was also a welcome basket and some items in the fridge when I arrived.

I arrived at the end of December 2015. At this time they were updating the furnishings. So after being here 2 days I had new upholstery installed on my couch. I did notice the area rug in the living room was pretty dirty and not included on the regular cleaning. But as soon as I mentioned it to the reception staff it was cleaned immediately. Great service!!!

Room Tip: 4th Floor seems great.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Kitty_chu, General Manager at Fraser Residence CBD East Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2016

Dear JBridi,

Warmest greetings from Fraser Residence CBD East, Beijing!

We must to say thank you for choosing Fraser Residence CBD East, Beijing and believe you have experienced exceptional service as intended by our Management and Staff. Much appreciate for taking the time to review Fraser Residence CBD East, Beijing and sharing your valuable comments with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed our location, amenities just as you have correctly pointed out. Your comments are very important to us to improve our service standard.

We are pleased that you have enjoyed our facilities and services and that you have found the location of our property very convenient to your needs, your instructions likes a textbook. We are indeed in a prime location, with 20 minutes’ drive to airport, and the standard service culture to do your dishes. This certainly gives us the edge and provides extra convenience for you.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we are looking forward to seeing you soon! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any assistance with your hospitality needs. Until the next time we meet please take care.

With Kind Regards
Kitty Chu – General Manager
kitty.chu@frasershospitality.com

There are newer reviews for Fraser Residence CBD East Beijing

Reviewed 26 December 2015

LOCATION: This place is within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and a few supermarkets, so location is good. Train station is a bit farther away and you need to literally cross a railroad, which is odd.

FACILITIES: Average rooms, bathroom is a bit on the small side (I stayed in a 1 bedroom). There is no pool, gym is okay, but they have a wonderful massage room.

BREAKFAST: Limited choice, little variety each day. But then there are a lot of food choices in the area, so this isn't really a big problem.

SERVICE: Stayed during winter, and I needed to ask for the humidifier to be placed in the room. I thought that was supposed to be standard for a place like Fraser. Placed "Do Not Disturb", but the staff entered the room anyway with their key, which was pretty upsetting. Apart from two or three of the staff (can't remember the names, but one very nice lady heads housekeeping - she's the best), they all have sour faces reluctant to serve foreigners, with limited English. Corruption is rife here, with offers to bump up room prices for the company to pay - and they would give the cash back to the occupant. This is unacceptable, and thus corruption and bad service prompted me to move to another serviced apartment.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 December 2015

This hotel was located at arond the east 4th ring road of Beijing, the location is good but a bit far away from the metro station. the equipment of gym was really nice and with Yoga class every week. the yoga teacher was really professional, it impressed me a lot. room was nice maintenanced but the carpet needed to be replaced somehow. front desk staff are really friendly and helpful, all your need would be meet finally and they always go extra miles to anticipate guests' need. got a change to take part in the anniversary party which was very impressive. strongly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 November 2015

When I get into this hotel , I feel very relax .The hall show me a clean and tidy environment .After a short check in ,the servant guided me to my house with a big smile. What I most what to say is this hotel's manager Tina is a very very kind staff. She helped me a lot and took care of me during my sick day. A big surprise when I told her that I got a headache. She bought medicines for me already.I felt really grateful to her and big thanks also go to Fraser.Thank you very much !!! I would invite my friends to enjoy here.

Room Tip: Maybe higher floors could have more sceneries.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2015

Been staying in Fraser Residence Beijing since June,2015. The first impression was quite nice as the staffs in the lobby are very friendly, took me to the room and showed facilities and outlets in the property. showed the restaurants, shopping malls, banks and pharmacy around after they knew this was my first time came to the city. You will be always taken good care of if you stay here and you will be always greeted every time you came back home feeling like you come back home. The breakfast was nice and have many varieties to choose. Gym is always open only available for residences here, that is nice. Highly recommend if you staying in Beijing for long term. The front desk staffs are well trained and professional, good enough to take care of you and your life here.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business