“W Hotel Elements in Hong Kong”
Review of W Hong Kong

Ranked #9 of 724 Hotels in Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is hotel with a perfect location.

Situated above a huge shopping mall of Elements and airport express. You will find a great range of restaurants and coffee houses nearby. Only complaint of the mall is its too upmarket selling only expensive items.

As for the Hotel, the check in took around 20 mins which as a bit long in my opinion. But the decor and mood is super cool and modern. Room with harbour views can see Hong kong island side. Great place to stay for business but perhaps not for families with young children.

Tip: Great breakfast coffee next to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Hello Cindy W, thanks for sharing and delighted to know you appreciated the hotel’s location. I understand your point regarding family, however we do have guests who regularly enjoy the hotel with their families and do our utmost to accommodate them, with things such as kid’s menus and Kinect for Xbox. Our 76/F outdoor pool & Jacuzzi are also a hit with most kids.

Your valuable feedback has been shared and communicated with Welcome Manager and we will definitely take remedial initiatives to improve the check in waiting time.

I hope you will grant us another chance to demonstrate the true spirit of W, please do not hesitate to contact me personally in this case via w.hk@whotels.com prior to your next visit so I can assist in making sure you get to enjoy your experience at W Hong Kong.

With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I go to Hong Kong on business two or three times each year and have stayed in a number of hotels, both in Kowloon and on the island. The W has become my first choice when I have the opportunity to stay there. Although the location is not ideal for tourists in Kowloon, being right above the MTR and Airport Express stations make it ideal for getting around. More important, the level of service is consistently excellent. Staff are proactive in asking if they can help, from the moment I arrive, a service I don't need as a regular, but do appreciate. And I love the rooms, especially the corner rooms and suites, with their view over the harbour. The W style is refreshingly different from the regular corporate hotels I often stay in. I also enjoy the Bliss bath products. My work usually requires that I eat away from the hotel, so I can't comment on the restaurant food there, but it is worth commenting that having a location in a shopping mall makes it very convenient to go out for meals in the restaurants there, and there is also a supermarket to go for snack foods. Finally, the rooftop pool and outdoor hot tub have a spectacular view over the harbour. This is always my first stop when I arrive from Canada in the afternoon.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2012

i don't voluntarily choose W chain because it's too "hip" for me. i prefer a hotel that doesnt have people milling around everywhere with clubby music playing all the time. this stay was booked by host company and has decent rates. hotel is pretty easy to get to via airport express/subway. check-in was very slow. very slow. i wasn't in a rush but i also noticed that the check-out line was very slow so i took note of that for my departure date. the staff apologized for making me wait so long, looking for a room. i requested a view of the HK skyline but i didn't realize that there'd be a huge ICC bldg in the middle of my view. the elevators to the guestrooms are very slow. sooo slow. and many times the key card doesn't work so i had to exit and catch a different lift that could read my key. the room itself is nice and the bed is comfy tho it has a lot of the annoying/cutesy W taglines labeled everywhere. some design elements of the room are pretty cool, like the sliding wall doors for the bathroom and the floating bathroom counter with the lamp post down the middle. the toilet has a blue deodorizer in it that makes it smell like an airplane bathroom. at night with the shades closed and lights off, there's still a ton of stuff glowing everywhere. the light control panel is glowing, so is the analog clock, and the big screen on the phone. it's a bit distracting for me. also you can hear music all night long. i couldn't figure out if it was from the downstairs lobby or from the hallway. i just remember wishing it would go away in my half-sleep state.

the outdoor pool is a nice spot. it's 25m long and very toasty. it was a bit difficult doing laps because the floor is too dark and i couldn't tell where it ends and would get too close to the walls. it never got too crowded in the pool. up on the 76th fl it can get pretty windy/cold and i wondered why they didn't just make the pool indoors, but i was thinking that it can get pretty windy poolside on a beach resort too. the lockers here are pretty nice, with steam, sauna and jacuzzi with built-in chairs. i didn't find a swimsuit spinner. this is the first hotel gym where i've seen a heavy and speed bag (the speed bag was a little under-inflated and the heavy bag was on a stand so couldn't work around the bag--but there was boxing equipment!). they also provide wraps and there's a few gloves hanging around but i prefer not to use communal gloves. the fitness room is pretty spacious and has basic equipment. there's also a kinect360 video game which no one was ever using. the gym was not staffed all the time.

if you have some spare time, stroll over to the ritz at to the top of the ICC for some great views of HK. so far, the views from ritz are not blocked.

1  Thank trippyNYC

Hello trippyNYC,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your valuable feedback has been shared and communicated with our Welcome Manager and we will definitely take remedial initiatives to improve where it is needed. Please do accept my sincere apologies for the downside of your stay.

If you ever do stay with us again I would relish the chance to demonstrate the true spirit of W. In this case, please do not hesitate to contact me personally via w.hk@whotels.com prior to your visit so I can assist in making sure you get to enjoy your experience at W Hong Kong.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

Once you get to the rooms its all ok. The most comfortable bed you will sleep in. Great selection of toiletries. However, everything in the lead up and during you stay is just annoying. You que to check-in and the whole process takes forever. The buffet for dinner and breakfast while visually impressive, is cold and lacks flavor. Getting a wine at dinner impossible (not to mention the definition of "a glass" being a third anywhere else in the world) and trying to get the bill like waiting for your water to turn to wine.... the staff are just so slow. I have stayed at the W Hong Kong probably 8 times in the last 4 years - this will be my last.

Room Tip: worth getting the harbor view rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank worktravellerglobal
ValerieChan, General Manager at W Hong Kong, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear worktravellerglobal,

I was extremely sorry to learn of your frustrations during your recent stay, especially as you have been a frequent guest in the past. I appreciate that waiting, whether at check-in or for a glass of wine at dinner, can be infuriating when travelling and it is certainly very far from delivering on our promise.

Though I have no doubt that we failed in our service delivery on your recent stay, I believe your experiences are not typical for this hotel. I would value more detail in order to investigate and make the required improvements.

As we obviously failed to deliver to your expectations I would like to make it up to you. I do hope you could contact me directly on w.hk@whotels.com.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

We spent two nights at the w and had the most amazing time.
The staff are helpful, we were blissed out in the spa( most amazing massage and pedicure), roof top pool and jaquzi were out of this world, and breakfast were the best we've ever had. Thank you w we will be back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello sammyjo52, thanks for sharing ! It’s great to hear you blissed your body and pampered your tastebuds in the most extravagant way !

Look forward to hearing more of the same on your next visit.

With warmest wishes,