“Lovely late birthday lunch”
Review of Satay Inn

Ranked #1,218 of 15,531 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Price range: US$13 - US$26
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
Description: Enjoy all your favourite Singaporean dishes at Satay Inn, where authentic flavours meet an inviting atmosphere including a lively patio area. Step inside and be transported through our selections including the classics Hainanese Chicken, Bak Kut Teh, Beef Rendang, Chilli Crab and many more traditional dishes.
Reviewed 4 June 2021 via mobile

Had a late birthday lunch with my two girlfriends. It had been a long while since we last met. Choose this restaurant because it’s so convenient, environment is very relaxing and food is really taste good with nice presentation and services.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (123)

Reviewed 10 March 2019

Lovely food and staff are friendly and helpful. Outside dining is optional but great if you smoke as there isn’t anywhere to have a cig it’s very strict.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

We ordered the Hainanese Chicken Rice and Nasi Goreng. It was well presented and tasted great. The service was attentive.
We were served a plate of rice crackers while waiting for the food to arrive. You would have thought this is a complementary item.. akin to bread and butter served to you when you ordered a western meal . I did not expect an upmarket restaurant like Satay Inn to charge us HKG$20 for rice crackers. They should be upfront and inform us that we are being charged since we did not order rice crackers from the menu.
This hidden charge is dishonest , an act you don’t expect from a restaurant in a 4-star hotel like Royal Pacific .

Date of visit: November 2018
2  Thank Min1303
Reviewed 10 November 2018 via mobile

We should of known better. The place was empty apart from a table of 4 who left shorty after we arrived.
The service was appalling- the staff weren’t to be seen. No-one asked how our food was, if we want more drinks etc, they were just rude.
Our starter plates weren’t cleared and we weren’t given fresh ones for the main course.

Our order was messed up and the food was thrown on the plates with no interest at all.

We have a salad dish for starter this had a ladle of satay sauce throw over it which we had to scope off to find the salad.

For mains we ordered beef curry, beef rendang, rice, an Indian roti, and a side of vegetables.

The vegetables arrived after we finished and we didn’t see the roti. Told them to take the vegetables away as it was too late.

We asked for the bill - if was wrong, the table of 4 still wasn’t cleared, the place was a let down. We complained got a discount.

The food was oily and not worth it.

Be warned.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I dined in this place four times to give it a chance to redeem itself. First, my food was delayed for almost an hour. I order the beef brisket. And this is not yet a set meal. The food taste like an average beef brisket but the price is higher than the regular beef brisket. Second time, my food once again was delayed. And worse, I was given the wrong dish. I ordered beef rendang and they served me an unknown dish. And so I was expecting that they would expedite my order, but I was wrong. They gave me some vegetable sauteed in oil. I told them I did not ordered the food. I really wanted to cancel out because I was pissed and I waited for an hour already. Then they gave me some beef brisket, which actually is not beef brisket at all. The vegetable that was wrongly cooked was the same vegetable being put into the alleged beef brisket. I am so disappointed and at the same time hungry that I tried to eat the beef brisket but unfortunately, I cannot stomach the weird taste. I hated that there was no apologies at all and that I have to follow up my food from time to time. The third time, I ordered nasi goreng, it was promptly served but for the price, there are better nasi goreng around. And lastly, I ordered the beef rendang, hoping to try it this time, but again, it disappoints me. The beef rendang was not really good. The beef was so chewy and hard. I do not know, but in Hongkong, this is like one of the worst place to eat. The only thing that I would eat in their restaurant was the fried salted fish skin which was decently fried and flavored.

Date of visit: June 2018