We came to Hong Kong to visit family who are currently working in the city and living in Kowloon.
We thought the room was very good value - originally we looked at booking airbnb places but found that for the same price we could get a more spacious room and bathroom here at the Butterfly. And a kitchen wasn't necessary as there are 7/11s close by and the street has quite a few restaurants; McDonald's was just a few metres along the street and Hung Lee restaurant a few doors along was also good. Mammy Pancake is on the next road, and the chocolate chip egg puffs make a great evening snack! There was a fridge in the room too with a freezer section. So 'self-catering' was perfectly possible while we stayed at the hotel!
The room was clean and comfortable with a kettle and complementary tea and coffee. We asked for an iron and ironing board and they were delivered promptly. Even though we sometimes didn't leave our room til the afternoon, the housekeeping staff always came in and cleaned the room and changed the towels etc. There was a safe, alarm clock and also a hairdryer in the room. The hotel was busy in the reception area, but it was always quiet on our floor.
The air conditioning was very effective.
The MTR station is a couple of minutes walk away. Kowloon Park is about 5 minutes away and also all the shops and lights of Nathan Road.
We found the reception staff to be friendly, helpful and polite.
Next time we visit, we will definitely stay again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of pulsating Tsim Sha Tsui, Butterfly on Prat is the ideal launch pad to indulge in the best shopping, museums and panorama Hong Kong has to offer. Step outside of the hip and chic comforts of the hotel and loose yourself in the mega shopping maze of Harbour City. Go catch up with arts, culture and past of the ex-colony, wine and dine Michelin-grade gourmets and drink in the uninterrupted views of some of the world's finest skylines. Whatever you do in this part of town, you simply wish you'd have more eyes, ears, taste buds and time. To fulfill travellers' need for seamless, connected travel experience, the hotel now offers "4G Pocket WiFi Device" to keep your life in sync! Bring WiFi with you around town and stay in touch with the mobile hotspot (unlimited local data) that instantly connects your devices (up to 5 smartphones, tablets or other wireless portable devices) to the Internet anywhere the coverage is available. Straightforward and effortless - this is how travel should be! And once your heady day is over, return to the stylish relief of our 158 rooms, where branded amenities and device-friendly docking stations mix with free Wi-Fi and strong pops of colours to craft enhanced inspirations for both work and play. Guests will even get the treat of a free smartphone, offering unlimited local calls and 3G data, a city guide as well as all sorts of interesting info and features. Families with children are well taken care of too, with thoughtful amenities and ample space to fit comfortably a family of four. Whenever help is needed, our 24-hour front desk is on stand-by. Need travel advice? Try our 'Local Ambassadors'! How well connected are we? - 4-minute walk to the Tsim Sha Tsui MTR subway station. - 10-minute taxi ride to the Airport Express Kowloon Station for direct train connection to Hong Kong International Airport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelClick, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Butterfly on Prat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Butterfly On Prat Hotel Hong Kong
- Butterfly On Prat Hong Kong