7 people are viewing this hotel
US$434
Free cancellation until 29/04/21
US$528
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
PricelineUS$528
Trip.comUS$355
eDreamsUS$528
3,952 results
All reviews cafe grey maxi bar guest experience team andre fu pacific place top floor home away from home hotel experience rooms are huge room check impeccable service luxury hotel four seasons hong kong park favorite hotel mini bar amazing hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 March 2021 via mobile

The most excellent experience so far. Service , environment , cleaning all 10 out of 10. The most unforgetable is a staff of this hotel names derek cheung, he takes a long time to answer and solve my problem which makes me feel like home and very grateful he is helping me HAHA! By the way, hope you guys can also have a excellent experience here!

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank I587BB_
Reviewed 2 March 2021

I booked a 24 hr staycation for my girlfriend’s birthday. With no travel this year, we’ve being doing a tour of HK’s best hotels. Coming into The Upper House, our expectations were pretty high, given the hotel’s stunning website photos, our rose tinted memories of cafe grey, and having recently been spoilt by TUH’s competitors.

Let me just say: The Upper House did not disappoint.

For staycays, the room takes an outsized level importance. Upper House’s room, like the hotel itself, emanates pure zen (in subtle high luxury). If you ever wanted to actually live in a high end spa; this is the place for you. The highlight of the rooms are the spa like bathrooms and the marble bath tubs overlooking the city. I rate the bathroom as my favorite in HK, even over the rosewood and St. Regis, despite those being newer. I’ve posted some photos of our room(s) below.

However, what set this stay apart from our others was the level of service, which went beyond what was expected (even from TUH’s peer hotels). This was in large part due to the efforts of the guest experience manager Sebastian Hue and also Harriet Choy, both of whom made us feel truly special during our stay.

I only booked a standard room, but the staff made us feel like we were their favorite guests. I really appreciated the several gracious acts of service from TUH staff, and also the subtlety of its execution, all of which are hallmarks of exceptional (rathe than ‘just’ great) service. I am particularly grateful to Sebastian for helping make my girlfriend’s birthday a truly special day.

We had a 10/10 stay. The only thing that I think should be improved is the room service menu, which doesn’t have many dinner options (6 or so main courses) -.tho perhaps this might change with the new restaurant replacing cafe grey? The hotel website warns of some renovation work, but I heard maybe two brief and very low level noises twice during my stay, so it wasn’t an issue.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank PeregrineJ
Reviewed 28 February 2021

Very nice view, great service and delicious food.
It really feels like home when I come to this “house”
Especially the birthday decoration for my girlfriend , it was superb!!!
Strongly recommend for couples

1  Thank leonchang1210
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Thanks for the great service and arrangement from Jess Ma, help me arrange the simply decorations, birthday cake for the birthday celebration. Will come back again and enjoy the whole period of my visit.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Blueetung
Kristina Snaith Lense, General Manager at The Upper House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

Dear blueetung,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor.com community.

Delighted to know you enjoyed a wonderful Birthday Celebration Staycation with us! I have passed your wonderful comments to Jess who will be happy to know that she helped to make it a memorable stay!

We do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future! Please do let us know if we can help with any arrangements.

Warmest regards,
Kristina Snaith-Lense
Hotel Manager
The Upper House
Hong Kong

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

My bf surprised me with a staycation for 2 nights at the upper house. The upper house exceeded my expectations on so many levels! I have to say the stay was superb, probably one of the best stays you can find in hk. Amazing harbour view together with the high rise landscapes of hk was something to die for.
We were greeted by Jess who was welcoming and nice. She gave us a nice room tour, introducing all the amenities available and even provided nice restaurant names nearby since the restaurant in-house was currently under renovation. We felt extremely welcomed by her.

Room was really spacious and packed with nice amenities. Mini bar and snack box were loaded and most of the items were free of charge. Both of them were refilled during house keeping on the second day. They provided bath salt for soaking in the bathtub too and that was also refilled during housekeeping.

Our package stay included breakfast which was served in The Continental(2-3 mins walk from hotel lobby). We chose the upper west breakfast and Japanese for the first day and upper East+ Japanese on the second day. Food and service were both great.

I would also like to thank Jess and her team for being so vigilant and caring to present the surprise bday cake in the room just in time while we went out shortly to take our takeaway. I was extremely pleased that they went their way out to make sure it remains a surprise because I sure didn’t expect a cake to be served in the room within the short timeframe!

Another point to compliment is how efficient they were when we ordered a foodpanda delivery to our hotel. We know that the delivery courier was not allowed up so we were actually expecting the hotel to phone us down or deliver it to us(in their convenience). To our surprise, the food was delivered to our room within 2 minutes from the time on the foodpanda app. Service was super efficient and attentive. Extra bottles of water and popcorn were also delivered within 5 minutes when we requested them.

All in all, upper house was really worthy. I would definitely recommend anyone to spend their special day in this exceptional hotel.
Kudos to all the staff that makes this hotel so impeccable!

1  Thank chloelawww

Dear chloelaww,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and detailed review of our House!

We are delighted to know that you have enjoyed your special surprise staycation! Its great to know that you enjoyed all our wonderful in-room amenities and the cake we sent to the room.

Jess will be thrilled to know that she was able to make your time with us even more memorable, I will be sure to pass along your kind comments.

Please do let us know if you have any plans on returning to our House, we would be more than happy to help with any arrangements.

Kind regards,