Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Cieloism
Manila, Philippines

...Clean, Comfortable, Convenient

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Jan 2012
Stayed for 4 nights. Opted to stay in this hotel primarily because of the price, room availability and convenience of being less than 10 minutes walk away from an MTR station. For the shoppers, it's approximately 15 to 20 minutes walk to the Ladies market. We got a double room, which came with ensuite toilet and bath with hot and cold water, medium bed, and free wired internet. There's not a lot of space to walk around, 3 steps from the door and its 's already the bed… that's it. If you are in a touristy mode, that's not an issue anyway since you'll be out most of the time.

They don't have an in-house restaurant but there's a 7-11 in the MTR station so you can grab some midnight snacks, chips and some cup noodles, there's also a McDonalds nearby for your breakfast fix. Housekeeping was great, room was always spotless and in order every time we come home, which is just perfect since it was such a small room, one shoe or suitcase not pressed against the wall and it can easily get crowded.

As mentioned in the previous reviews, it's true that there's only one elevator servicing all the floors… but lucky us we never had any issues with it being too slow or too full.

Overall, despite the simplicity of the amenities, I will recommend this place because of the price and convenience, you get what you need.
Date of stay: November 2011
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    RM 270
    RM 385
10.2 km from Oriental Lander Hotel
View more hotels in Hong Kong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 December 2011

The room is fully equipped but so terribly small. No space to put luggages at all. I need to jump to reach my bed which the furthest from the door. Everything is miniature. But complete. I don't know what to say....

It's clean and ok. Location is nothing to shout about. If I'd lived alone in that 2 person room, I think I might've survived. But 2 person in that tiny hole? Not possible.

So I guess, to be comfortable here is to book a bigger room but actually just stay there with 1 person less.

Room tip: No idea...
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Vuvie
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Room was minuscule and without a window. No space to open my baggage, I had to use the writing desk for that purpose. As it was only for one night this was ok, but I cannot imagine to stay for several days in a room without windows and without space to move around. At least the room was clean and the bed reasonably comfortable. Bathroom is also very small. A positive point, the hotel is located not too far from a MTR station. Internet (wired) worked ok and was free.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2011

My family & I just returned from Hong Kong on 8 Dec 2011. We stayed at this hotel for 6 nites. Kinna regretted in booking this hotel. Hotel website stated free boardband internet access but when we were there, there was no internet connection at all. The pictures of standard rooms posted at the hotel website are very deceiving. It looks nice & spacious. When we check-in, we were caught by surprised that the room is more like a pigeon hole. Only one can access to the toilet at a time. We didn't even have the space to put our luggages or walk within the room. We couldn't access to our room twice due to faulty of the access card. The television also faulty. Location of the hotel is even worst. Taxi driver doesn't know where it is even we showed him the hotel map. Apparently, we were told this hotel was previously an apartment. Hence, not many taxi drivers know the location. It is also not very near to the MTR. Hard to locate the hotel from the Prince Edward MTR. The hotel reception staff are also not very friendly & helpful. There is no facilities (eg. swimming pool, fitness, etc) in this hotel. In summary, staying at this hotel is not worth for money. I will not recommend anyone.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank PigeonholeinHK2011
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I visited this on the 26th of November, before I go I read the review of others in TA, we Wife and two teen aged Sons) travelled to the hotel by a taxi from the Airport it costed HK$ 235 (including 2 suitecases at the boot)
Checkin was lightning speed no hustle, I book it through Booking.com it was smooth and fine.Triple room cost for 3days was HK$3694 (total room bill).
Plus- 1.check in/out was fast 2. room was clean 3.easy access to MTR and Markets, 4. Some reasonable local restaurants are near by.4. Luggages can be left after checkout free of charge.
Minus- 1.Room are very small (I was told by TA before I go and it was expected) 2. No Restaurents in the Hotel 3.hotel surroundings are ot condusive if you going for shopping and sight seeing no problem. 4.reception girls speak very little English, They can't explain anything because of lack of English knowledge. (They are kind and trying to help)
Comments- It is a budget hotel If your partner or companion expects a plush and pampering this not a place. If you are concern with your budget this place is OK Roome are VERY SMALL BE AWARE.
Room Tip Triple Room I think bit roomy than the others, we were at 8th Floor Road facing it was OK
I may go again

Room tip: Road facing higher elevation rooms seems to be better
Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
6  Thank Aadhes
Reviewed 25 November 2011

A recent last minute four day business trip to Hong Kong found me scrambling for a hotel at the last minute. Expedia's vast list included the Oriental Lander Hotel Kowloon and being familiar with the Oriental Group in other Eastern cities I did not hesitate and assumed the quoted price was a mistake !! how wrong can a man get. The hotel shuttle bus from the airport seemed to get deeper and deeper into the rough end of Kowloon, finally pulling up at a diladidated entrance. My heart sank.

On opening the entrace door, the smell of a very cheap antiseptic hit me, but Expedia had my money and there was no turning back ! My room on the 10th floor (No 1008) was smaller than my bathroom back in the UK. Everything seemed to be minatureised yet the fittings were of excellent taste ! ? No room for a clothes closet of course and the bed was on a ledge to the exact width of the room. To some people it was probably too hard as the mattress was the thickness of two blankets. It suited me though and was the only saving grace of the whole shuddering experience. No restaurant, no bar, just the all pervading antiseptic smell. This hotel is not recommended. . .

Room tip: Don't go there !
Date of stay: October 2011